NO GUARANTEES

TMAC

Even if the Jets lose every game this year there are no guarantees that: 1) they get the number one pick (49ers are horrible, too); 2) the best QB prospects will declare for the NFL draft; 3) the Jets will have the right management in place to make the best or even a good pick; 4) the QB selected will ultimately become a quality NFL QB.  Jet fans who are rooting for losses now may be very, very disappointed. 

16 minutes ago, TMAC said:

Even if the Jets lose every game this year there are no guarantees that: 1) they get the number one pick (49ers are horrible, too); 2) the best QB prospects will declare for the NFL draft; 3) the Jets will have the right management in place to make the best or even a good pick; 4) the QB selected will ultimately become a quality NFL QB.  Jet fans who are rooting for losses now may be very, very disappointed. 

All true, but with this roster and coaching staff this year, the best hope to advance a Super Bowl in our lifetimes would be to lose every game.  That gives us a very high pick in each round of a good draft, and the will to not only fire MaccBowles, but to change the entire structure of the team.  If they can look credible and win a few games, Chris may think he is turning it around.  He can't think that-it is currently hopeless.

9ers are the only team that scares me because even if the colts do worse they don't have the balls to let Luck go after that HUGE contract. Plus..why would they? Sure he is hurt but he's Luck. Jags are too good to get the first pick. It's really just the 9ers...can't let Kyle Shanahan get his hands on Darnold 

1 hour ago, TMAC said:

So then things are the same.

I disagree.  One thing is certainly guaranteed.  When you keep signing the worst available free agent to be your starting QB, you won't compete for a playoff spot, let alone a SB.  

I for an relieved that the front office stopped insulting the fans intelligence by running the same line of bull crap out there and expect us to digest it.

what the Jets have done this year is completely engage the entire fan base with both college and Pro football.  And IMO, it's incredibly exciting watching Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, etc. knowing we are likely to get one of them.  

Mad for the pro game, I am excited watching Adams, Maye, and the rest of the youngsters.  Now if Bowles can stop playing Jag vets over guys like Stewart, Petty, etc.

And the 49ers are the team I fear the most in terms of Sammy D having a "better" option than the Jets come draft time.  If they are close enough to the top, could he orchestrate something to stay in CA? Would that make him think SF is an option? I will tell you, for a kid from San Clemente, CA, SF is a much better, more welcome option than NYC. That's the scary part.

Next season what's absolutely critical is not paying high priced free agents and depleting our war chest.  I prefer making a few signings of young players, projects for instance and then using the funds to really pay our own young stars.  People like Enunwa.  Front load the contracts.  That way in two or three years we will have low hit salary cap star players when we are actually competitive.

its just important to take it slow, and don't shoot for the moon like the overly optimistic 2015 spend a thon.

4 hours ago, TMAC said:

I've been very disappointed as a Jets fan for a long time. What do I care if the draft doesn't work out? I'm used to that too...

... i have never in 50 years seen 2 teams go 0-16

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

9 hours ago, TMAC said:

You're right. There are no guarantees in football. There's no guarantee that we'll ever win the Superbowl again, so, like, why even hope for that?

Archived