Our buddy Coles wants a new contract...you have to be kidding me!

NIGHT STALKER

Laveranues Coles wants a new contract from the Jets and plans to approach the front office "in the coming weeks."

Here we go again. Coles is guaranteed $5 million in 2009 and that's more than fair for a receiver coming off one of the weakest seasons of his career who turns 31 on Monday. Coles reportedly played through a torn quadriceps all year, showing his trademark toughness, but he's doubtful to get a raise.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Trade his ass. Enough is enough already with Laveranues. I want him gone. We need to rebuild our offense.

I agree with the trade him part. However, the offense doesn't need to be rebuilt. All we need is a new QB. I'd like to see a QB who is mobile and will run instead of staying in the pocket when theres running room only to throw it into double coverage and hvae it picked off.

I wonder if it isn't a ploy by Coles to get traded. The new coach probably will want to build the receiving corps around a younger guy, going down to Miami seemed to reinvigorate Chad's career, Miami still needs proven receivers, plus Coles is from Florida, so..........

Laveranues Coles wants a new contract from the Jets and plans to approach the front office "in the coming weeks."

Here we go again. Coles is guaranteed $5 million in 2009 and that's more than fair for a receiver coming off one of the weakest seasons of his career who turns 31 on Monday. Coles reportedly played through a torn quadriceps all year, showing his trademark toughness, but he's doubtful to get a raise.

"our Buddy" was the only one who showed up yesterday, besides #57 and Leon(of course)

Now Coles sux! hahahaha

No recanting this season. I'm the poster you will all hate because I'm right and i speak the truth.

I was DEAD right when i said Chad was a winning NFL QB. "noodle arm" my a$$!!!!!

He's the man, if I didn't hate the fish so much I wish they would win it all to prove what i've been saying.

If he had a torn quad that is good because that means if healthy he could still produce. But after the season he had with a lot of drops that means there is no chance of getting extended. They would probably waive him if it wasn't for the guaranteed money.

There were a lot of drops, true. But the only success the Jets enjoyed this year was when Favre and Laveneues were making the connection. When that connection stopped working so did the Jets' offense. Nobody else stepped up to give consistent production in the passing game.

I agree he's not getting any raise, though. I think the whole thing is ploy to get traded.

I don't blame him, actually.

Coles is past 30. He has perhaps two years left at prime athletic shape, if indeed the decline has not already set in.

If you were he, would you think your chance to have a great season the next two years are:

A) With a new coach up here who doesn't know you and will be looking to revamp the whole offense,

B) A QB down in Miami who is installed as the starter for at least next year and for whom you have always been the No.1 target?

There were a lot of drops, true. But the only success the Jets enjoyed this year was when Favre and Laveneues were making the connection. When that connection stopped working so did the Jets' offense. Nobody else stepped up to give consistent production in the passing game.

I agree he's not getting any raise, though. I think the whole thing is ploy to get traded.

OK. Trade Laverneus to Detroit.

I don't get it. Coles gave us the only consistent WR play for any stretch of games this season. That was our win streak. The other guys were usually nowhere to be found at crunch time except occasionally for Keller.

Why turn on Coles when the other guys did a disappearing act at critical junctions all year long? At least Coles gave us something.

i hate coles so much.. people can talk about heart all they want, but this guy talks talks and talks.. always complaining.. to me, that isnt heart.. heart is leaving it on the field, and what happens, happens.. dont talk about it during the week.. he always looks like a bitter little girl.. just stfu and play football, dont worry about whose throwing it to ya..

so yea.. trade him

He's a good player IMO, I've always said that. I'd still take him at 100% over Cotchery.

That being said he really has worn out his welcome, he's always injured which although he's tough enough to play through reduces his effectiveness in a big way.

I like him but I think it's time to move on, no way should he get an extension. Let him re-unite with his buddy in Miami.

I agree with the trade him part. However, the offense doesn't need to be rebuilt. All we need is a new QB. I'd like to see a QB who is mobile and will run instead of staying in the pocket when theres running room only to throw it into double coverage and hvae it picked off.

we need more than a qb. we need a big, fast receiver that can make catches deep. Is Marcus Henry on the practice squad or is he cut because he can be that guy if he gets better

Archived