Mel Kiper's thoughts on Jets

KINGDIRK

"The Jets' OL is a disaster right now. They just can't block enough people. They don't have a dominant WR corps. They don't have a good run game. But their OL is a disaster. And their defense hasn't played up to expectations."

Makes you wonder how bad other teams must be, then. I mean, we're 2-1. We're headed for 10+ wins. Yet... our entire team sucks, right? Suuuuure...

Wow, everybody's piling on after 1 loss. Wonder how bad it's going to get after we lose our next 2 and fall to 2-3.

This was going to be a rough stretch even with Mangold. I figured they'd lose these 3 games before the season.

I'm glad, get everybody off the bandwagon and then we go 9-2 to finish the season.

This of course depends on if/how we correct the W. Hunter situation.

Is there anyone..anyone in this entire United States of America, anyone at all..who can simply explain to me how

this works:

No oline ----> results in -----> the other team RUNNING 170+ on our Defense???

They are not connected. This makes no sense.

This is like saying "I'm ugly because I fart". Both are bad, but one doesn't result in -- or come from -- the other.

We lost because our run D sh*t the bed. That's it.

So, 6-10 at the most, right?

Maybe 9-7 or 10-6 season from the looks of it. We lucked up in that Cowboy game and when it came to a gritty game the Raiders outplayed us.

The Jags are simply not a very good team right now on top of the fact that we were playing against what would be a 3rd string QB and a rookie QB. So stopping Jones-Drew wasnt really that difficult.

The Jets have problems right now. They're not as good as last year's team. And whats worse is that we dont have the type of O.C. that can really play to our strengths and away from our weaknesses....because if that wasnt the case then our issues wouldnt be so obvious.

Schotty needs to freakin' retire. I wouldnt even wish him on another team unless it was the patriots. but Belicheat, though a cheater, isnt stupid. If Rex wants to have a successful coaching career here then he needs to understand that there's more to this than throwing away talent (Woody, Ellis, Ighedibo, Woodhead, Braylon) and having terrible draft picks (Sanchez is his best draft pick and even he's boarder line suspect. Not to mention QB's in his class putting up better numbers than him with less talent around them). He needs to get offensive coaches who can produce. Rex is a defensive mastermind, but he needs that same type of influence from a coaching standpoint on the offense.

Im telling you, this offense is going to sink Rex if he doesnt get coaches. Look at Westoff, he's a special teams mastermind, do we have issues with special teams? No, they practically won us the game against the cowboys, and this isnt a once in a blue moon case either. Our special teams have produced under Westoff for years. We almost NEVER hear about the offense winning us the game, We are good enough to make it to the AFC Championship, but we are not good enough to beat well coached teams consistently. Thats the REAL Jets problem.

Maybe that genius Mel Kiper should have said that instead of sounding like some dude that opened a news paper, flipped to the sports section and read an article.

Wow, everybody's piling on after 1 loss. Wonder how bad it's going to get after we lose our next 2 and fall to 2-3.

This was going to be a rough stretch even with Mangold. I figured they'd lose these 3 games before the season.

I'm glad, get everybody off the bandwagon and then we go 9-2 to finish the season.

This of course depends on if/how we correct the W. Hunter situation.

When we win a few games everyone will be back on their knees slurping from Sexy Rexy's hog.

"The Jets' OL is a disaster right now. They just can't block enough people. They don't have a dominant WR corps. They don't have a good run game. But their OL is a disaster. And their defense hasn't played up to expectations."

ya can't get anything past mel :blink:

The raiders beat up on the Jets. Thats not luck.

Like the stupid pick Mark threw down near the goal line, costing us 3-7 pts, and the fumble by Cro on the kickoff, costing us 7 pts?

Hey, what do you know, that's 10-14 pts!

But Revis' pick on Romo, that was all luck, right? It was all luck when Mike DeVito made Romo fumble on the goal line, yeah?

Again, double standard is clear = we turn the ball over = we suck and the other team is better, we get turnovers = the other team is better, but we got lucky.

STOP SELF-HATIN'

The defense did lose us the game, but the oline looked bad as well. They may not be connected but both are true. Sanchez had to scramble most of the game and still did pretty well despite it. If the line (Hunter) doesn't get better this week, it may just be that time to start Ducasse. At this point, what can we really lose? I hope Mangold plays tomorrow. It will make a big difference.

Like the stupid pick Mark threw down near the goal line, costing us 3-7 pts, and the fumble by Cro on the kickoff, costing us 7 pts?

But Revis' pick on Romo, that was all luck, right? It was all luck when Mike DeVito made Romo fumble on the goal line, yeah?

Again, double standard is clear = we turn the ball over = we suck and the other team is better, we get turnovers = the other team is better, but we got lucky.

STOP SELF-HATIN'

Self hate? Na, its that im just not delusional.

First let me show you game averages.

We're 25th in the league in rushing. Practically no running game. Our offensive line was left back in 2010. We're 31st in stopping the run. Thats terrible. Those stats dont lie.

As for "luck". Was Revis INT luck? No, That was a dumb throw by Romo into double coverage...on top of the fact that this IS Revis. However, Romo fumbling a yard away from a TD on a broken down play which would have put the game away???? Luck. his knee was a half inch away from that play being a run and not a fumble. Special teams coming up big at that particular moment to not only block a punt but put much needed points on the board because our offense couldnt do it in the 3 previous qtrs???? Luck. Special teams can score points, but thats not the nature of special teams and sometimes you get lucky breaks like that at VERY convenient times.

Whats not luck, our game against the Jags, we BEAT the jags.

Whats not luck, DMC rushing for almost 200 yards on a team that cant stop the run. This team could easily be 1 and 2 right now. We were lucky to have that cowboy game because the fashion in which we won it can be considered a lucky win. Thats not hate, thats simply not making my team out to be better than what they're playing like. Our offensive and defensive line look suspect. It looks like we miss Woody on offense. It looks like we miss Ellis and in some ways Jenkins on the defensive line as well.The jets need to win convincingly. They need to run the ball convincingly....they need to be able to score points on their first drive, or in the firsts quarter for that matter.

The only double standard here is your notion of the Jets being better than what they are right now. If we were talking about the Pats or Fins you'd be in complete agreement with what im saying....and thats the double standard. The Jets are NOT an AFC championship contender from the looks of it this moment in the season. Maybe by week 6 that'll be a different story, a lucky game has us at 2-1 and not 1-3, and thats not hate because I'll certainly take the win. But we're not an elite AFC team, which we are expected to be...atleast in my eyes.

STOP SELF-HATIN'

So if I were to say that the Ravens beat up on the Jets today would I be self hating again or would I simply be captain obvious?

This Jet team has problems.

Archived