Brandon Marshall vows to get ejected in second quarter of monday night's game

Jetkid94

http://www.nesn.com/...nd-quarter.html

Miami Dolphins wide receiver Brandon Marshall claims he's been playing with his emotions in check.

With his team winless and a matchup with the division rival New York Jets looming on Monday night, Marshall said he will attempt to get ejected from the game during the second quarter.

Marshall specifically clarified his comments, saying he is dead serious.

"I'm not joking. I'm serious," Marshall

told the South Florida Sun Sentinel. "They're going to fine me. It's probably going to be like a $50,000 fine. But that quarter and a half that I'm out there, I'm going to play like a monster."

In July, Marshall disclosed he had been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder.

"It's taken me four games to realize what I need to do,'' Marshall said. "I don't know if y'all still call me The Beast or if you consider me washed up. I consider myself The Monster now."

The receiver said he might get into a fight with Jets linebacker Bart Scott or punt a ball 15 rows into the stands. A Dolphins official tried to end Thursday's interview session, but Marshall kept talking.

"The past four games, it's been tough for me trying to control some things," he said. "I'm just going to let it out. I don't care if they have two, three cameras on me, I don't care if I have penalties. It doesn't matter. I'm going to let it all out."

Do you think he really will get himself ejected?

Whatever, just don't try and hurt one of our guys.

Clown.

I assure you, if he tries to legitimately hurt someone after making these comments (meaning it was both deliberate and premeditated), not only will be thrown out of the game, he'll get the sh*t kicked out of him by no less than 11 Jets players and be out of the league for life.

The guy clearly has some serious mental issues.

I assure you, if he tries to legitimately hurt someone after making these comments (meaning it was both deliberate and premeditated), not only will be thrown out of the game, he'll get the sh*t kicked out of him by no less than 11 Jets players and be out of the league for life.

I don't think his own team would tolerate anything after his dumb ass comments.

I don't think his own team would tolerate anything after his dumb a$$ comments.

I actually thought the same, this doesn't even become a "taking sides" thing when it comes to crap like this. That said, the reactions would certainly be a bit different considering there'd probably be a few Jets trying to tear his head off while his teammates would more likely just to be trying to get him the hell out of there. Although you have to imagine his teammates and/or coaches will be addressing this even before Monday, I don't know how they couldn't.

I guess he'd rather take himself out of the game during the 2nd quarter, then have to live with, and deal with Revis shutting him down for 4 quarters strong.

Makes sense.

POTWN-I had to copy and post this great quote on Facebook to my Marshall thread-good work JFFQ

Never seen anything like this.

How does a HC handle this? Does the league get involved, especially the way Goodell is?

Funny you say this because as I was typing my response to Bergen, I was thinking at this point as HC do you just go ahead and bench the guy? I mean, you've got to do something and if he makes good on this threat and something serious happens, the team is going to be in some serious trouble, just for not doing anything to stop it. And in a case like this, while the NFL is usually one to drag their feet, I wouldn't put it past Goodell to have one-game suspension in place by Monday. Who the hell knows, this really is unlike anything else we've seen. This isn't even one of those rival things, as I don't put any blame for this onto the Dolphins, even as much as I may hate them. This is clearly a very, very sick individual.

Brandon Marshall seeks ejection

DAVIE, Fla. -- Miami Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall says he has been playing with his emotions in check and plans to show more passion Monday night against the New York Jets, with a goal of getting kicked out of the game in the second quarter.

When asked if he was joking, Marshall said no.

"I'm not joking. I'm serious," Marshall told the South Florida Sun Sentinel. "They're going to fine me. It's probably going to be like a $50,000 fine. But that quarter and a half that I'm out there, I'm going to play like a monster.

"I might get in a fight with Bart Scott. (Antonio) Cromartie, we pretty much matured our relationship and grew a little bit. We used to fight in Denver and San Diego. If that happens, it happens, so we'll see."

In July, Marshall disclosed he was diagnosed earlier this year with borderline personality disorder. On Thursday, he said he hasn't played with enough emotion in the first four games for the Dolphins, who are winless.

Marshall said he might get into a fight or a shoving match against the Jets, or bang the ball off his head.

Marshall has 22 catches this year but is tied for third in the NFL with five drops.

http://espn.go.com/n...s-new-york-jets

Marshall needs to relax. These Jet players arent one of his little girlfriends he like to smack around.

Besides, he'll be on an island by himself. No one's going to see him for him to even get a flag or ejected.

So we're going to put the best cornerback in history on a receiver that's looking to get ejected one way or another. The concern is obvious..

I don't think his own team would tolerate anything after his dumb a$$ comments.

Good point. Anyone that says they are going out to get ejected should not be allowed to suit up much less play. If he were to play and hurt one of our guys I would blame the coaching staff and the front office including the 50 owners of the Miami Dolphins.

Didn't Rex once say, "If you take out one of ours, we'll take out two of yours"?

Btw, Marshall owns the sh*t out of Cromartie. If he gets thrown out in the second quarter, he'll still get 6 catches for 100 yards.

Tom, do you just make sh*t up off the top of your head?

In eight games against the Chargers and Cromartie when he played for the Broncos, Marshall had all of one 100-yard game and one total touchdown.

HIs numbers were as follows:

2006:

Game 1: 1 catch, 33 yards

Game 2: 2 catches, 19 yards

2007:

Game 1: 7 catches, 72 yards

Game 2: 6 catches, 75 yards

2008:

Game 1: 18 catches, 166 yards, 1 TD

Game 2: 6 catches, 55 yards

Game 1: 5 catches, 49 yards

Game 2: 3 catches, 26 yards

So that's 8 games, 48 catches, 495 yards and 1 TD. That's an average of 6 catches, 61.88 yards and .13 TDs per game. That's not close to "owning" someone.

In eight games against the Chargers and Cromartie when he played for the Broncos, Marshall had all of one 100-yard game and one total touchdown.

2006:

2007:

2008:

So that's 8 games, 48 catches, 495 yards and 1 TD. That's an average of 6 catches, 61.88 yards and .13 TDs per game. That's not close to "owning" someone.

A.) Did you watch last season? I don't think Marshall scored a TD last year, period, unless he was being guarded by Cromartie.

B.) If 18 catches in a game isn't owning someone, I don't know wtf is.

A.) Did you watch last season? I don't think Marshall scored a TD last year, period, unless he was being guarded by Cromartie.

B.) If 18 catches in a game isn't owning someone, I don't know wtf is.

He only had two catches for 16 yards in the 2nd game last year. And yeah, he had a big game in the first meeting but the Jets won so it didn't have all that much impact now did it?

Sorry, that's not owning someone.

Doing what Thurman Thomas used to do against us when he was owning a team.

Honestly, I never heard that he had a BPD diagnosis. If that's legit, I'd bet he'd be protected under the American's with Disabilities Act. NFL probably couldn't do much if ADA wanted to make a point.

2006:

2007:

2008:

06 was his rookie year...looks like he's had plenty of success since.

And serioulsy dont remember but was Revis on Marshall in the 2nd meeting? I know he was out for the 1st.

06 was his rookie year...looks like he's had plenty of success since.

And serioulsy dont remember but was Revis on Marshall in the 2nd meeting? I know he was out for the 1st.

I'm not sure it matters, they could've been playing 11 on 1 and Henne wasn't completing any passes that day (unfortunately, neither was Sanchez).

Archived