Pink thread closed????

Barcs

were you upset because a mouthpiece prevents food getting into lil crushie's mouth??? Thats why I dont wear one... what if a ring ding comes flying at my wife?? How am i supposed to protect her with a mouth piece in?

Mrs Crusher is the only thing I know that can stop a Crusher from eating. She doesn't stop me, it's more like a detour to tasteless Avenue.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why?

So one mod's opinion means the thread shouldn't have been created? Can't anyone handle discussing things like this without turning into emotional wrecks boohooing about me being heartless without even reading the context of my post. There were no politics discussed, it didn't violate forum rules. WHAT'S THE ISSUE??? My only point was that breast cancer is well known, and there are plenty of other cancers that effect men only but aren't even mentioned. Why not talk about all kinds of cancer awareness instead of just breast cancer, and why pink?

People are so quick to let their emotions dictate their actions, getting bent out of shape for me bringing up a topic. Calm down, and re-read what I wrote. It's not that I don't care about cancer, and the fact that so many people thought I did, proves logic > emotion. Grow up, people.

If you ask me, you were asking for trouble when you started the thread and got exactly what you deserved.

Just my opinion.

Just for the record I like the color pink. I was actually excited that BabyCrusher asked me to get him pink shoe laces for their last game cause one of the boys told a story about his Aunt. He kinda grew up in my eyes. Kinda hard to teach compassion. Just have to do your best and hope they get it. The part where he also talked me into a $30 pink Under Armour mouthpiece was not as cool, but he already had me at hello.

Impressive young man, your son.

With that attitude, your the one who needs to grow up homey. Letting the color pink bother to the point where you offend a ton of people who have been effected by a horrible disease is ridiculous. Doesnt matter if that was your intent...it happened, one way or the other.

Nobody should have been offended by my post. I didn't say anything negative about cancer or victims or survivors. I'm talking about the color pink and it's association with women, breast cancer and football. Read much? Guess not.

Insulting to those who might be members who are homosexual.

Really?? So I'm being homophobic, YET YOU are associating homosexuality with pink and pansies? LOL

You guys seriously need to grow up. I posted twice in the thread and it got 4 pages of non stop whining. Why can't anybody discuss a topic without getting emotionally invested? It's not like the pink drastically affects my life, I just don't see the purpose. I'm not saying color coordination is more important than cancer or prevention. I never once insinuated that and it makes me sick that anyone would think that.

It was closed because of the personal attacks.

I didn't attack anybody, but everyone's attacking me. I guess that's why it was closed. At least it makes sense now.

My point was simple, someone started a thread about something that is very sensitive to many people and people shared a lot of awful stories and then he had the audacity to question why everyone was such a baby and then told them all to grow up.

I didn't call ANYONE a baby or say anything negative about people who have lost loved ones to cancer. You must be a complete moron to even consider that. YES THAT'S AN ATTACK ON YOU, BECAUSE YOU'RE A DUMBASS. I was the one who was attacked. How many people called me heartless in that thread or said I know nothing about having a loved one with cancer? What I said was that it has nothing to do with the topic, and rightfully so. Everyone was acting like I slapped their dead mom in the face and attacking me as if I've never lost anyone to cancer or don't care about the disease at all. That is an absurd level of thinking. How old are you, for real?

whaaaaa whaaaa lol

That's a good translation of his post. Essentially that's exactly what he said.

Too bad she couldn't survive. I don't need to come online, to a Jets message board, and see a cold hearted person, such as your ******* self, talk about how the color pink is "stupid" on football players. You grow the **** up. And I most definitely don't need to come online, to a Jets message board, and see a hard headed person crying about a thread being moved, that should have never been created in the first place. You think only a mod had a problem with your stupid ******* thread? Wrong. We all had a ******* problem with it. You ever heard of the 3rd stage of breast cancer? Hopefully a husband or son, watching NFL on Sundays, later takes his sister or mother to get a checkup during the first stage of breast cancer; so she can be saved. If only I would have done the same, for my sister. Get lost.

Perfect example of people attacking me because I dared question the color pink. I'm sorry for you loss, but how does that make me heartless? How does asking about pink in football say anything negative about cancer victims???? I don't understand this association and why it warrants attacks on me. You sir, are a ******* idiot. I'm sorry for your loss, but you're a moron.

Yeah, this site is full of emo clowns. You can't even have a discussion about a damn color and its association with football without getting called all kinds of unjust names because it somehow means I hate people who have died from cancer. Yeah. Enjoy ya'll. I think I came to the wrong place to discuss football.

Here's another statement to piss off the idiots.

9/11 was an inside job.

OH NOZ! That means I hate everyone that died on 9/11 and love terrorism!

Shut up you stupid ****ers. I'm done here. Close the thread. Close my account. Whatever it is that you do. Thanks.

Yeah, this site is full of emo clowns. You can't even have a discussion about a damn color and its association with football without getting called all kinds of unjust names because it somehow means I hate people who have died from cancer. Yeah. Enjoy ya'll. I think I came to the wrong place to discuss football.

Here's another statement to piss off the idiots.

9/11 was an inside job.

OH NOZ! That means I hate everyone that died on 9/11 and love terrorism!

Shut up you stupid fuckers. I'm done here. Close the thread. Close my account. Whatever it is that you do. Thanks.

It is ironic in a way...you say other people are clowns and you make a 9/11 joke on a New York message board. Classy.

Your request has been granted though, we banned your account permanently.

I just saw that Stop and Shop is donating money to breast cancer this month.

Now that's more like it! What's gonna attract more ladies than the grocery store?

They can support breast cancer awareness while they're getting food to make us dinner! Am I right, fellas?

It is ironic in a way...you say other people are clowns and you make a 9/11 joke on a New York message board. Classy.

Your request has been granted though, we banned your account permanently.

Wow. Just looked at his profile... Dude is 31. I'd have guessed 19, tops.

Wow. Just looked at his profile... Dude is 31. I'd have guessed 19, tops.

Huh......I'm surprised ... that Lil jasper was jerked off enough to be out of the Visa gene pool ... but 31's probably too old for that.

Thanks Maxie for the eradication!

Hahaha. I got in my post agreeing with him before the thread got closed and before he got banned. I'm so proud! Let me say that I have no problem with players wearing the color pink for breast cancer awareness. It's a wonderful sentiment. My issue I with a league that won't allow players to wear anything that isn't appproved. They can't wear yellow bracelets for testicular cancer. They can't wear a headband with writing on it. ****, Peyton Manning couldn't wear black hightops to honor Unitas. I find these stories more useful and poignant if they have some connection to the player, even just showing support like Baby Crush. Those are the people that should truly be commended.

Hahaha. I got in my post agreeing with him before the thread got closed and before he got banned. I'm so proud! Let me say that I have no problem with players wearing the color pink for breast cancer awareness. It's a wonderful sentiment. My issue I with a league that won't allow players to wear anything that isn't appproved. They can't wear yellow bracelets for testicular cancer. They can't wear a headband with writing on it. ****, Peyton Manning couldn't wear black hightops to honor Unitas. I find these stories more useful and poignant if they have some connection to the player, even just showing support like Baby Crush. Those are the people that should truly be commended.

The Jets should change the team colors from green/white to pink/white (or pink/fuchsia). Then change the name of the team from the New York Jets to the New York Mammograms. Anyone who disagrees is in favor of women dying horribly from breast cancer.

I think while that's an absurd extreme, it is along the line of thought that Barcs felt he was arguing against. Of course he had to (1) do it poorly from the start and then (2) one-up those who insinuated he was somehow pro-cancer, and made that idiotic last post. If he's going to tread on a subject that could be that sensitive, someone as intelligent as he thinks he is would know enough to do so lightly and choose one's words carefully instead of the coarse way he'd done.

Throwing in 9/11 conspiracy theories does not help one appear like a balanced intellectual either. One wonders if he would have had less vitriol if the NFL made it mandatory that all football helmets be adorned with aluminum foil, as a public-awareness campaign to remind us we need to protect ourselves from alien or government mind-control signals and not walk around with non-foil-covered heads.

Now in keeping with your post here, Dom, isn't this the same league that wouldn't allow Jake Plummer to continue to wear a memorial decal honoring Pat Tillman? Effectively the reason was because Plummer was with the Broncos and not the Cardinals anymore, and it would be expressing individuality of one's uniform in a team sport? How is allowing a player to choose what pink gear to wear, how much to wear, and allowing any player to decline wearing any at all, consistent with that? Honoring Tillman was no less of a noble public-awareness statement to make.

Well said JIF. I've lost my wife and my mother to breast cancer and if those guys wearing pink save or extend the life of somebody else's wife or mother - that's a bazillion times more important than some little fellow getting miffed.

Sorry for your loss NJ.

Its easy for people like us to forget, but I doubt you ever forget and think about cancer every day.

NJ lost his wife and his mother to breast cancer. Jets fan from Queens lost his sister. To these folks the idea of the NFL being in favor of promoting awareness is the important issue, regardless of whether or not the league's intentions are sincere. In deference to those of us that have had friends and family members stricken with the disease, the proper approach would have been to keep the argument specific to the NFL and its motives, and not delve into the "Go promote it on Oprah" diatribes. I'm glad the league is making a positive statement..regardless of motivation. Maybe a few less women (or men) will die horribly from this disease. And if that isn't worthwhile then you've got your priorities screwed up big time.

Just another typical dumbass brought up by loudmouth sports radio/tv asshats who think they are the only ones allowed an opinion and no one else can dare say anything that is counter to their argument.

Instead of DEBATING, like he said he does but obviously doesnt do, he attacks others.

How about ANY of the points I made? Not one of them did he challenge. He should have been banned for being a lousy poster who has no clue on how to defend his point of view other than "you shouldnt be offended".

Here's todays lesson kiddies, if you have a statement to make, BACK IT UP! DEFEND YOUR POSITION! And when the sand gets into your vajayjay, CLEAN IT OUT.

Archived