What are they saying on the Patriot boards...

Steveg

These are actually coherent and well thought out...

In Response to Re: Official New England Patriots (5-3) at Jets (5-3) in New Jersey thread:

I think the way the d needs to approach this game is to do to them what they have been doing to us. We need to lock up all short routes against Sanchez and make him beat us deep. If this were Rodgers or Manning or a few other qb's, I would think differently, but Sanchez is not a great downfield passer. This would give the line more time to get to him, and longer throws are harder to make. If he beats us this way, then he earned it. I'm tired of watching qb's throw short pass after short pass and our d backs are nowhere to be found cause they are covering deep. This is why we look bad against average qb's, because any qb in the NFL can throw short passes to wide open guys. In the Jets/Bills games it seemed to me that Sanchez basically had 2 options, either a medium pass to Keller(because Buffalo didn't seem to want to cover him), or a short slant to one of the receivers. Take that away and force him to make the more difficult throws with more pressure. Offensively, we have to do the opposite. Send Welker deep, send Hernandez deep, get Slater in there, I don't care. Spread the d out or we are going to struggle. And please, please, throw some screens and slants agains the blitz. We used to kill teams with those types of plays, but now Brady stands back there and gets killed. I cringed multiple times watching some of those hits last weekend.

Response:

Sanchez is more than competent downfield passer. If you are suggesting we make our small midget DBs guard Plaxico Burress 20 yard downfield, I would have to tell you that you are asking for suicide. If at all, he was very prolific downfield passer while he was at USC, and he has been very prolific throwing downfield when he had tall threat - i.e. Braylon burned us once deep during the playoff game, if you forgot already. Or that Braylon doomed Indy the prior game, with a midget hopelessly overmatched along the sideline. (And Texans got completely barbequed and gave up go-ahead TD to Holmes because they couldn't guard Braylon along the sideline for 40+ yarder.)

Better way to deal with would be to force them to go to Sanchez early and often - Sanchez is most dangerous when he has powerful running game to bail him out. Once the running game gets going, and his play action fake starts rolling, then pray it doesn't end up with 7.

His problem is with QB vision - that is understandable, and not a knock on Sanchez. He severely lacks experience. (Remember, he played but ONE season in USC, so in terms of the player progression, he's on par with a senior college QB at best.) So that's where the problem with the vision comes from. He does not see the defenders in the vicinity at times. It will go away in 3-4 years, and if Jets stay strong till then (I would suspect that is the case, since that team is built on strong OL and powerful defense, unlike our Patriots.) Sanchez would be wrecking havoc on AFC East for some time.

Till that happens, his vision will be his most glaring weakness. To bail Sanchez out of the problem, however, Jets Offense has very strong running game that seems to come back to life. So... I think I made myself clear by now. If Pats can stop the Jets rushing attack, then that will magnify the problem Sanchez has as a young QB. This is why I believe stopping the run is more important than challenging Sanchez in any way imaginable.

Last, but not the least, Pats D must find a way to get off the field on 3rd down. This is the single most important aspect the defense should be working on. It is this one symptom that killed us the past two weeks. Also, that's what killed the Bills last week - score-wise it was 3-0 in Jets favor, but Bills D was playing close to 20 minutes in 1st half, out of possible 30 minutes. No wonder the score exploded in Jets favor in 3rd quarter. (and Fred Jackson fumble with the very first snap was the back breaker.)

His problem is with QB vision - that is understandable, and not a knock on Sanchez. He severely lacks experience. (Remember, he played but ONE season in USC, so in terms of the player progression, he's on par with a senior college QB at best.) So that's where the problem with the vision comes from. He does not see the defenders in the vicinity at times. It will go away in 3-4 years, and if Jets stay strong till then (I would suspect that is the case, since that team is built on strong OL and powerful defense, unlike our Patriots.) Sanchez would be wrecking havoc on AFC East for some time.

Holy crap! 3-4 MORE years until Sanchez gets 'vision'? Did the Jets front office know they were getting a QB still in diapers?

:huh:

You have to give credit to a lot of pats fans for being very knowledgeable fanbase. I'm still not convinced that this is the end of the Patriots dominance as we know it but Brady has looked human on occasions this season.

Sunday is all about winning in the trenches & the turnover battle. If all that evens out then Brady usually does enough to win the close ones. We must be successful running the ball.

Sanchez is a good downfield passer IMO but when yopur rushed like he was early in the season its almost Impossible for those downfield routes to open up. Since the Pats Defense is a joke I would think Sanchez will have more time to strike deep with Playaction. Another issue is he does not have a real deep threat on this team which can also be a factor. Some of Sanchez' best throws have been via the deepball it just has not been this year. We did get a receiver who is supposed to be a burner Riley ?? maybe he gets some snaps at some point to try and stretch the field.

Holy crap! 3-4 MORE years until Sanchez gets 'vision'? Did the Jets front office know they were getting a QB still in diapers?

:huh:

what do you want??? We've been to 2 straight AFC championship games with him as our qb - I for one am not complaining about our qb situation...well other than we have no competent backup...

My favorite was the bolded part. This sounds like a New England fan, who truly fears the future of the Jets with Sanchez under center moving forward. We've already eliminated NE from the postseason last year. Win the division this season, and the AFC East will belong to the Jets for quite some time.

The Pats dominance is in the Jets hands....We actually control not only our fate but the fate of the Pats....This is going to be probably the most brutal game the Pats have played since we beat them in the playoffs last year....

The Pats dominance is in the Jets hands....We actually control not only our fate but the fate of the Pats....This is going to be probably the most brutal game the Pats have played since we beat them in the playoffs last year....

The Jets control the fate of the free world!

Here's another post (or rant) from that same board. I thought this was hysterical:

All I know, is when they show that damn d-bag Jets fan on tv, you know the fireman(I could careless what his real name is), the best thing in the world for me would be to see an egg come from nowhere and hit him square in the middle of his ugly mugg.

My EXTREME HATRED FOR THE JETS, INCLUDES HIS LAME a$$!!!

This rant by a Pats fan who hates everything about New York & ALL it's sports teams & fans.

I FREAKING HATE NEW YORK!

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hope our Pats can sweep the Jets this season.

Oh, and would a pick-six to seal the deal be asking too much?

No need to answer that question, I know how much that would be asking.

Actually, if you picture it, how funny would it be to see Fireman Ed get beaned in the face with an egg while doing the J-E-T-S chant...

My favorite was the bolded part. This sounds like a New England fan, who truly fears the future of the Jets with Sanchez under center moving forward. We've already eliminated NE from the postseason last year. Win the division this season, and the AFC East will belong to the Jets for quite some time.

No, it will be ours till next season. Starts over after the Superbowl.

I think our guys are going to come out of the gate lightning fast. They know they have no other choice.

I heard Rex saying yesterday that some of the players were already looking toward this game before the Bills beat-down was over!

This will be our best start this season...

Archived