Mark Sanchez: Four straight games of less than 20 completions, less than 200 yards

T0mShane

The only good thing I can see happening from this year is Brian Schottenheimer under-performing his way out of New York.

I've been thinking about it and all I can say is it's REALLY going to suck watching the Patriots in the Super Bowl again. Please Max, Faba, Crusher, Thor and Spermy-don't allow Pats trolls who we never see all year come on to this site and rub our faces in it...I don't mean every one of them, but the ones like MacPac, who haven't had the guts to show up when we beat them to come back and troll...

The only good thing I can see happening from this year is Brian Schottenheimer under-performing his way out of New York.

I've been thinking about it and all I can say is it's REALLY going to suck watching the Patriots in the Super Bowl again. Please Max, Faba, Crusher, Thor and Spermy-don't allow Pats trolls who we never see all year come on to this site and rub our faces in it...I don't mean every one of them, but the ones like MacPac, who haven't had the guts to show up when we beat them to come back and troll...

They aint winning. 1 and done.

SInce Brady has been the leader of that team, they've been nothing but playoff busts.

You really do not need to worry about that. With that dogsh*t defense of theirs, the Pats will be lucky to win one playoff game. Even if they do, they'll get torn a new one by either the Steelers or Ravens. Worst case scenario if they get their by some miracle, we'll get to watch them thoroughly embarrassed by the Packers or Saints. There's lots of things to be unhappy about with this season, but that's not going to be one of them.

3 of those games we won. Bob Griese would throw 10 times a game and he has 2 rings and is in the Hall of Fame. Stop looking for things to bitch about.

And they walked to and from school barefoot in the snow uphill both ways.

The rules have changed to favor passing the ball. The 1972 Dolphins in todya's game with a cap would not employ 3 backs getting regular carries. And if they did so they would face 9 man fronts until they opened it up a bit. Further. Griese(by all accounts a very nice man) statistically and really was not an elite QB in his own time but a very good game manager on a very good team. So much so he missed lots of time in the perfect season and Earl Morrall filled in without missing a beat. "Ground and pound" is fool's game.If you cannot throw the ball effectively you will not advance in the NFL. yes, there are enough bad teams that you can hammer out 8-10 wins. But you aren't beating the elite teams whcih possess good passing attacks, and good QBs. Running the ball is nice-when you have a lead late in the 2nd half because you shredded the opposing defense for a mess of points earlier. When I hear another dumbass announces babble about "establishing the run" I want to bash his head against cinderblock stadium walls until blood drips out his orefices.

And they walked to and from school barefoot in the snow uphill both ways.

The rules have changed to favor passing the ball. The 1972 Dolphins in todya's game with a cap would not employ 3 backs getting regular carries. And if they did so they would face 9 man fronts until they opened it up a bit. Further. Griese(by all accounts a very nice man) statistically and really was not an elite QB in his own time but a very good game manager on a very good team. So much so he missed lots of time in the perfect season and Earl Morrall filled in without missing a beat. "Ground and pound" is fool's game.If you cannot throw the ball effectively you will not advance in the NFL. yes, there are enough bad teams that you can hammer out 8-10 wins. But you aren't beating the elite teams whcih possess good passing attacks, and good QBs. Running the ball is nice-when you have a lead late in the 2nd half because you shredded the opposing defense for a mess of points earlier. When I hear another dumbass announces babble about "establishing the run" I want to bash his head against cinderblock stadium walls until blood drips out his orefices.

I think a rush-first offense can be extremely effective, particularly when facing a high-powered offensive opponent. Playoffs the last two years were heavy doses of run first/run often, which frustrated opposing QB's who got fewer possessions. That being said, it is a passing league, and in order to be a great running team in the capped era, you have to spend your money on road-grader offensive lineman, not loud-mouthed under achieving WRs. This team has an identity crisis. They want ground and pound but can't run with a mediocre/less than mediocre o-line. They dump 50 mil into one receiver, and have Hunter (who sucks), Slauson (who's too slow to pull) Ducasse (who is now a TE who still can't set an edge) and backups like Schladeraff (who cost a draft pick) and ? This is a team dumping cash into Sanchez and Keller and Holmes and Burress, neglecting the line, and still touting ground and pound. It ain't gonna work that way.

Im really trying to be a little patient with this guy, but its hard. Like Rex said, " I don't care"!!! I hold out hope that he will start using the pump-fake more, step up in the pocket, look off the nickle and safety once in a while. We have too many weapons, for this level of offense, im sorry!!! To me, I think Shotty is not convinced that he is using these "basic" quarterbacking skills he should be "comfortable" with, by this time in his career. All of the former QB's repeatedly say that they dont see any significant growth in this department. His reads are not acceptable. He shows flashes of a good QB, but apparantly not consistency. Face it, sometimes the Scouts, Fo, Coach.....sometimes they whiff. Im not giving up on him yet, as the season isnt over, but if he doesnt improve, to me, he's a bust!!! Im being VERY NICE HERE!!!! Those who have read any of my posts even once , knows my stance on this. Here's to holdiing out hope, just a little longer.............................................GO JETS!!!!! :box:

We never utilize the middle of the field in the passing game.

you dont think Asstonio is going over the middle do you ? he probably forgets the play when his number is called to go over the middle and if he sees a LB or Safety in the area he simply pulls his arms in and the ball is up for grabs

I don't own a fantasy team and I wouldn't be dumb enough to pick Sanchez as my QB, so I am fine with knowing that he went 3-1 in that span. IIRC he even took care of the ball better than usual until the Eagles.

That said, we really need an OC, playbook, and gameplan(s) that can pad my future FF teams' stats. Not to mention real life stats. 3rd year Mark Sanchez leads this offense and it's only 7th in PS?

I don't own a fantasy team and I wouldn't be dumb enough to pick Sanchez as my QB, so I am fine with knowing that he went 3-1 in that span. IIRC he even took care of the ball better than usual until the Eagles.

That said, we really need an OC, playbook, and gameplan(s) that can pad my future FF teams' stats. Not to mention real life stats. 3rd year Mark Sanchez leads this offense and it's only 7th in PS?

It's yeoman's work that Schottenheimer does here. They guy should really get a Medal of Honor for overcoming all the obstacles he does to squeeze what he can out of the motley crew of scrubs they've been foisting upon him for these six long years.

It's yeoman's work that Schottenheimer does here. They guy should really get a Medal of Honor for overcoming all the obstacles he does to squeeze what he can out of the motley crew of scrubs they've been foisting upon him for these six long years.

Have you gone mad? You refer to Chad Pennington, Kellen Clemens, 40 year Brett Favre, and early career Mark Sanchez as scrubs? Brian Schottenheimer is not worthy of a Medal of Honor but nor are you T0m. Nor are you.

The man has a young, vibrant Mark Sanchez and all he can muster in his 3rd year is 7th in points scored and 8-10 wins. Imagine what Mark could do with routes designed to get guys open!

Archived