Life long Jets fan - 1st time season ticket holder

JETS SB

I have just purchased season tickets after 40 years of being a Jets fan. I had made inquiries in years past, but I have 3 boys, and never felt comfortable about bringing them to the game with all of the craziness. I brought my boys to their first game last year and we sat in the family section. I received a call on Friday from the Jets, saying they had 4 openings in the family section, (224B) and worked out a payment plan that I could deal with. Very excited. I heard many are giving up their season tickets this year due to the Tim Tebow signing. That makes no sense to me, but what do I know. Maybe I am a sucker, but I have always dreamed of being able to afford season tickets, and this year, it finally worked out. Any suggestions from season ticket holders out there, other than sarcastic remarks?

I have just purchased season tickets after 40 years of being a Jets fan. I had made inquiries in years past, but I have 3 boys, and never felt comfortable about bringing them to the game with all of the craziness. I brought my boys to their first game last year and we sat in the family section. I received a call on Friday from the Jets, saying they had 4 openings in the family section, (224B) and worked out a payment plan that I could deal with. Very excited. I heard many are giving up their season tickets this year due to the Tim Tebow signing. That makes no sense to me, but what do I know. Maybe I am a sucker, but I have always dreamed of being able to afford season tickets, and this year, it finally worked out. Any suggestions from season ticket holders out there, other than sarcastic remarks?

I gave up my season tix in kotite's second year unfortunately LMAO!!!!

I used to tailgaite near the walkway from Byrne near gate B. I am a dinosaur and obviously have no suggestions for the new madness at the meadowlands that I do not understand. :D

That Xanadu thing scares me anyway..... oh and I live in Hollywood Fl.

Cngrats on the tix buddy!!!

That's awesome. Wish I lived close enough to do that. Got two boys and we only get to go when they are playing either Washington or Baltimore. Good news is people usually hook me up with sweet tics. Enjoy yourself and your boys. If nothing else will be entertained and create memories you and your sons can share forever,

When I was a kid I had season tickets at Shea for a lot of years then they moved to the meadowlands and we dumped the tickets. But the years at shea were a blast Even though the team sucked throughout the 70's we always had a great time at the games. I hope you have as much fun as well :)

I live in Dallas now so I dont get to go to any games but I like watching it on TV just as much. Thank god for NFL Sunday Ticket

Nice. Congrats on the tickets!!!

I heard many are giving up their season tickets this year due to the Tim Tebow signing. That makes no sense to me, but what do I know. Maybe I am a sucker

Tebow sells tickets. that dude just made preseason a whole lot better.

If people are giving up their seasons it's for personal finance reasons or cause they don't enjoy going as much as they used to... JMO

Congrats to you bro, regardless of the ups and downs on the field, the season tix i have had since 2004 is the greatest investment in my own enjoyment that i have ever made.

A little shameless plug, I run tailgatejoe.com, the best tailgate party and Jets gameday fan club (also the official JN tailgate party). All are invited and it is very much family friendly. Truthfully, it is a lot easier than packing a car full of grills and coolers. Like I said, all are welcome.

My dad started bringing me to games before I could walk. I think the crazyness of games is awesome and I'm really happy I've been attending for that long. Those season tickets will be the greatest thing you'll ever give your kids I can't wait until I finally get them.

Tips: Theres always someone drunk enough near you to fight a Patriot/Dolphin fan for you so keep fights verbal. Also if someones not wearing anything related to the Jets (and there are many) they arent real fans and dont have a say so be as loud as you want.

Welcome! I am in 227B, great view, but getting out of there is a little bit of a struggle but you learn to deal with it. They didn't think it was a good idea to have an elevator go to the B level of the mezzanine but other than that you should enjoy your seats!

As a season ticket holder I would advise against buying and getting sucked into the PSL handcuffs when so many tickets are readily available on a per-game basis. But you have kids and want this to be a lifelong bonding thing. As I do. Which is why I keep my seats. Knowing that my son and i will have eight Sundays a year to be buddies and share a common interest for years to come is something you can't put a pricetag on. $9 beer on the other hand, you can put a price tag on. It's nine dollars.

man congrats!!!

As a season ticket holder I would advise against buying and getting sucked into the PSL handcuffs when so many tickets are readily available on a per-game basis. But you have kids and want this to be a lifelong bonding thing. As I do. Which is why I keep my seats. Knowing that my son and i will have eight Sundays a year to be buddies and share a common interest for years to come is something you can't put a pricetag on. $9 beer on the other hand, you can put a price tag on. It's nine dollars.

lol

@ slats, yeah buddy we know

Enjoy your season tix. It should be an exciting year with Tebow coming aboard. Remember, it's just a game, so have fun and don't take things too seriously. Now more than ever, it's sheer entertainment! Go Jets!

Congrats on buying season tickets. The experience will bring you a lot closer to the team and your sons. Being forced to buy tickets for 10 games, no matter how good or bad, will force you to care more deeply than just being a fan through tv.

Now please do me a favor. Dont be one of those fans who stops going when the team sucks. Dont be a bandwagon fan. Support this team in preseason and in late december games where you have nothing to play for. You know this franchise knows more bad times than good. It will happen again.

Part of me misses being a season ticket holder. I dont miss the 5 hour drive each way. I dont miss the traffic trying to get home. I dont miss the asshat fans. I do miss how I felt about the team, how much I cared. A huge part of me died when they moved to the new stadium and going was no longer an option. Im just not into this team like I did when I was younger and a season ticket holder. I dont ride the huge waves of emotion anymore.

I will always treasure the years I got to go to games with my dad. From high school and into my 30's, I was able to share with him my love of sports and the Jets 10 times a year. I will always have those memories. I hope you begin building some of your own.

Good luck. Have fun.

I will never forget my first game with season tickets!! It was a awesome feeling sitting in MY seats for the first time, and never got old. I don't have them anymore since I moved to Seattle, but have some amazing memories of some amazing times.

My Advice? Take lots of pictures of you and your boys enjoying the seats, and have lots of fun.

Congrats!!!!

my dad is a season ticket holder and i went to every game with him since i was seven. we sit in section 135. i just started college and i miss it like hell. enjoy each and every game, because theyre awesome! I didnt even know there was a "family section." the new stadium is pretty tame compared to the old meadowlands, but then again, we used to be in the nosebleed section which is always crazier than downstairs. I have only seen 2 fights since they opened the new stadium.

my dad is a season ticket holder and i went to every game with him since i was seven. we sit in section 135. i just started college and i miss it like hell. enjoy each and every game, because theyre awesome! I didnt even know there was a "family section." the new stadium is pretty tame compared to the old meadowlands, but then again, we used to be in the nosebleed section which is always crazier than downstairs. I have only seen 2 fights since they opened the new stadium.

Wine and cheese crowd doesnt fight. they barely cheer.

This exactly. My son is 22 and we have being going to every game together for the past 12 years. Even though he has a lot of other interests, we still spend the day together. Of course, he is probably miserable sitting next to me bitching and complaining about the team all game, but at least I enjoy it.

Archived