Stevie Johnson: "North Korea should Bomb Foxborough"

flgreen

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kim Jong Un take Stevie Johnson's advice

• Yes - blow blow up Gillette Stadium (empty, of course)
    • No - Jong Un is a gay Brady fan

Bills Receiver Stevie Johnson Tweets That North Korea Should Bomb Foxborough

April 4, 2013 1:48 PM

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – We’ve all seen it before. In fact, we’ve seen it countless times.

Athletes — seemingly on a daily basis — make controversial statements on Twitter that spark outcries and put themselves in hot water.

Whether the comment is said jokingly or not, these incidents often never end well for the player.

Bills wide receiver Stevie Johnson made a serious faux pas on the social media outlet on Wednesday night.

The 26-year-old tweeted “War is nothing to be played with. I apologize North Korea …. but if ya’ll do bomb 1st… Bomb Foxboro, Mass. Sincerely, #BillsMafia.”

The tweet was of course in reference to the division-rival Patriots. Buffalo hasn’t beaten New England at Gillette Stadium in 12 seasons.

Johnson tried to make amends several hours later, tweeting “i know some of yall took it too serious.. but i have Much Respect for The Pats along with Every other NFL Team. Gonna to be a Great #NFL2013.”

He followed that tweet with this message: “PatsFans i lo…like yall also. ask any1 in my fam. ive said TheBoro is my fav place to play-bkuz you Pats fans are Live! BUT not for long..”

The sixth-year player has since deleted his initial tweet from his account.

The Kentucky alum has been known to draw attention himself and make some enemies in the process. In 2011 he mimicked Plaxico Burress shooting himself after scoring a touchdown against the Jets. The year prior, the 6-foot-2, 207-pounder dropped a crucial pass against the Steelers and proceeded to blame God for the drop.

“I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!!” Johnson tweeted at the time. “AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!! YOU EXPECT ME TO LEARN FROM THIS??? HOW???!!! ILL NEVER FORGET THIS!! EVER!!! THX THO…”

Johnson played in every game for the Bills in 2012, catching 79 passes for 1,046 yards and six touchdowns.

Does this offend you or do you find it funny? Let us know in the comments section below…

Buffalo Bills’ Stevie Johnson tweets North Korea should bomb Foxboro first 

The Buffalo Bills wide receiver angered some fans when he wrote on Twitter, 'War is nothing to be played with. I apologize North Korea .... but if ya’ll do bomb 1st... Bomb Foxboro, Mass. Sincerely, #BillsMafia'

Stevie Johnson may want to give diplomat Dennis Rodman a call to help sort out the international incident he got himself into Wednesday night.

The Buffalo wide receiver angered some fans when he wrote on Twitter, “War is nothing to be played with. I apologize North Korea .... but if ya’ll do bomb 1st... Bomb Foxboro, Mass. Sincerely, #BillsMafia”.

It’s understandable that Johnson would want Foxboro, home of the New England Patriots, off the map — the Bills haven’t won a game there in 12 seasons and New England has won the division 11 out of the last 12 years — but his carelessness amid rising tensions in that part of the world had fans shouting him down.

A few hours later he apologized for his remarks, and took a page out of the celebrity/athlete crisis management playbook by deleting the offending tweets.

“i know some of yall took it too serious.. but i have Much Respect for The Pats along with Every other NFL Team. Gonna to be a Great #NFL2013,” Johnson tweeted, following that message up by saying, “PatsFans i lo...like yall also. ask any1 in my fam. ive said TheBoro is my fav place to play-bkuz you Pats fans are Live! BUT not for long..”

Johnson usually is good for one foolish remark, or act, once a season. In 2011, after catching a touchdown against the Jets, he mocked Plaxico Burress in his celebration dance by pretending to shoot himself in the leg and then doing the Jets’ Fly Boys routine. He was fined by the NFL for his dance. A year earlier, Johnson dropped what would’ve been a game-winning touchdown against the Steelers and later blamed God for his drop.

Hopefully Rodman, who is pals with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un (he’s an “awesome guy” the Hall of Famer claims), can let the dictator know that Johnson was just joking.

I don't care who you are - this was funny!!!

I don't see what he said that was controversial. The only problem I have with it is that North Korea does not have the range to pull it off.

And even if Korea had the range, Belichick probably knows all their codes.

Trust me people get offended by damn near everything, I've been banned from almost every message board I've joined.

Exactly what I was thinking. This is truly the United States of the Offended. You can't say anything these days, joking or not, without someone crying about it. Then they try to sequester you. The founding fathers would be ashamed at what this country has become. Oh and I'm probably sexist now since I said founding fathers and not founding mothers and fathers!

Trust me people get offended by damn near everything, I've been banned from almost every message board I've joined.

Your like the guy who has 75 face piercings, 8 steel spiked sticking outta his head and the likeness of a rectum a penis with a vagina inserted tattooed on his face wondering why people starts at him.  LOL

Whether you are offended by it or not, no denying one fact that this is a STUPID statement. And as STUPID as they come!

And this kind of STUPID is not funny!

In the time when people are regressing in intelligence and sharing every dumb self important thought that pops into their head this shouldn't even be registering. Some other self important a$$hole in the media just couldn't find a real story and submitted this instead.

In the time when people are regressing in intelligence and sharing every dumb self important thought that pops into their head this shouldn't even be registering. Some other self important a$$hole in the media just couldn't find a real story and submitted this instead.

Yeah if someone is railing on someone else I would care less. But this is different and as boneheaded as it gets!

Yeah if someone is railing on someone else I would care less. But this is different and as boneheaded as it gets!

I'm starting to hope that Dear Leader Kim Jong Un and his glorious, fully capable military arsenal take aim on Denver next. That will teach you to take a joke. You guys are a more realistic target anyway, Kim Jung loves American basketball and he'd sooner wipe out the lowly Nuggets then the Glorious Celtics.

Archived