Cimini: Idzik's First Two Blemishes

flgreen

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orr, Dyer, and Costello all seem ok. I'm not asking for Woodward and Bernstein. I'm just looking for someone who can report a signing or a draft pick without telling us  that sure, this guy has talent, but it'll probably blow up in the Jets' faces like everything else they do :(

Orr is probably the best of the lot.  Which means he'll probably be reassigned to the Nets or something.

Costello is a wantabe Cimini.

Which member of the Jets media is good? Randy Lange?

Fortunately, I am not local and Im not famaliar with many Jets media.

I do know, Cimini is a biased prick and that my homosexual nephew would have as much football sense as ManMeh if he were forced into the role.

I happen to get a vast amount of my insider news from the great minds at JN, such as;

TOmshane,

Crusher,

Sperm, and

Slats

Lol

You just knew they were going to take pot shots at Idzik when these happened. How can you control idiot behavior with Goodsen and Garrard just did not have it in him to try again with his health.

You just knew they were going to take pot shots at Idzik when these happened. How can you control idiot behavior with Goodsen and Garrard just did not have it in him to try again with his health.

there's no reason to defend Idzik other than he's new and we hope he's good. if Tanny signed Garrard and Goodson what would we think? 

there's no reason to defend Idzik other than he's new and we hope he's good. if Tanny signed Garrard and Goodson what would we think? 

LOL, OH BOY.  Place would be a madhouse

Kind of like, if Smith wins the starting job, and tosses a pick 6 to Revis opening day, everyone will be saying, oh well, he's a rookie, he'll learn.

If Sanchez throws a pick 6 to Revis.  Armageddon

Fortunately, I am not local and Im not famaliar with many Jets media.

I do know, Cimini is a biased prick and that my homosexual nephew would have as much football sense as ManMeh if he were forced into the role.

I happen to get a vast amount of my insider news from the great minds at JN, such as;

TOmshane,

Crusher,

Sperm, and

Slats

Lol

You get Jets news from Crusher?  Oh my... :)

Blemishes, eh?  I see it as a big endorsement od Idzik's preparedness.  He has an incumbent QB and an incumbent QB2, adds an experienced veteren and drafts the highest rated QB in the draft.  Scratch Garard and we stll have depth and competition.  Not to mention plenty of time to add another Camp body to the mix.  Sounds to me like the loss is far less profound then it would have bee under Tanny's watch.  Same can be said of Goodson.  Powell nd McKnight already on the roster, add Goodson, and add Ivory, throw in some camp bodies, and losing Goodson is a bruise instead of a fracture.  Oline = same thing should we suffer a loss.  lots of depth and competition throughout the roster with added draft picks and UDFA's, and journeyman vet signings.  Not an indictment at all, in my opinion.

Also watched Season Two of The Walking Dead yesterday. Ten minutes of listening to the survivors discuss their feelings, you find yourself rooting for the zombies.

Yep that season pretty much sucked.  Season 3 was much better.

Blemishes, eh?  I see it as a big endorsement od Idzik's preparedness.  He has an incumbent QB and an incumbent QB2, adds an experienced veteren and drafts the highest rated QB in the draft.  Scratch Garard and we stll have depth and competition.  Not to mention plenty of time to add another Camp body to the mix.  Sounds to me like the loss is far less profound then it would have bee under Tanny's watch.  Same can be said of Goodson.  Powell nd McKnight already on the roster, add Goodson, and add Ivory, throw in some camp bodies, and losing Goodson is a bruise instead of a fracture.  Oline = same thing should we suffer a loss.  lots of depth and competition throughout the roster with added draft picks and UDFA's, and journeyman vet signings.  Not an indictment at all, in my opinion.

Bingo.  In no way, shape or form, did Idzik put all his eggs into the basket of Garrard's bad knees and Mike f-ing Goodson.  It's a shame that we lost Garrard and Goodson made the decision he did, but we all knew Garrard's health was going to be a concern.  And how can Idzik be held responsible for Goodson's off-the-field behavior (did the guy have a bad track record or something before he got here)?

Other free agents? Maybe a safety? A CB? A WR? A QB with less injury risk? 

It's a lot easier to just list positions,,with taking into account the dearth of talent there was on the free agent market and actually listing specific players, it's a bit disingenuous.  I'd wait until the end of the season to really see how some of these moves shake out; there's still a chance Goodson ends up on the roster and playing a role as well as Geno winning the starting job and then we're sitting here complaining about a backup or 3rd string QB.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/23406/geno-got-in-trouble-for-playoff-talk

"I don’t think I’m a bad guy," he said. "I don't think I'm some of the things they try to make me out to be. It's a part of the media. The one thing that I understand is you can't take it personally. Those guys have jobs and the key to their jobs is to sell papers and to keep the fans looking. So they're going to spin things and try to make an interesting story out of something that may not be so interesting."

The media didn't fire Smith's agents; he did that by himself, triggering negative publicity.

My guy!

The Jets almost certainly would have pursued Garrard. I wonder what the script would be for the draft and if the league would change it. No Smith to the second round?

Tannenbaum would have broken his ankles running to the fax machine to send Ryan Fitzpatrick a contract.

Paragraph 4, on Sanchez in comparison to Brees:

"Sometimes athletes need to see the end before they can create a new beginning. Can Sanchez capitalize on his break (Garrard's retirement) in
the same fashion? Food for thought."

Paragraph 5 on Geno Smith:

"Not every rookie turns into Russell Wilson, you know."

Three rookies turned into Russel Wilson last year, actually. How many horrible, horrible 5th year starting QB's have turned into Drew Brees?

He has Sanchez who nobody wants and no fan wants to see on the field.   And they have Smith who fell to them because nobody seemed to have as much faith in any of these college QBs this year.  Most people assume Smith should sit a year.   Most people want Sanchez cut.   The only reason he's even on the roster is because of that stupid contract.  What happens if Sanchez wins the starting job and winds up with 4 picks against the Bucs, the Jets lose 31-3 and Smith just isn't ready to be an NFL QB.  So no, Idzik didn't exactly cover his tracks when it came to QB.    

What Idzik did this offseason is hope a bunch of injury prone backups work out.  Maybe they will, maybe they won't.  Garrard was a guy a lot of people thought wouldn't make it through preseason.  He just jumped the gun by a month or two.   But that's on Idzik, not on anybody else. He signed a guy that hasn't played in two seasons.  A month ago half the Jets board was counting on Garrard being the starting QB.  I imagine the Jets wanted him to be the starting QB.   Instead they are stuck with Sanchez and a 2nd round rookie QB.     

The RB situations is another one of those hope this guy doesn't get hurt.  A lot of people want McKnight cut, they don't think much of Powell. So it was Ivory and Goodson. Goodson was a never was and Ivory is a guy who never stayed healthy and never played.    

To me, Idziks free agent signings are all about hope and cheapness more than talent.   If guys like Ivory wind up gaining 1000 yards it would be great.  But if Ivory misses half the season or just can't carry more than 10 times a game,  most people wouldn't be shocked.   Those kinds of moves are just cheap.  And hope.  So far his first two signings have been terrible regardless of money.    Garrard was supposed to at least put Sanchez on the bench.  Now we all hope Smith is ready and can beat out Sanchez.   That's not exactly what anybody hoped for.

Not reading, I hope Cimini gets hit by a truck. He's a miserable twat

cimini is not surrounded by any weapons; we cant evaluate his performance until he is paired with 1st round editor and researchers

Archived