Revis tells Bucs all about Rex's plays.

pointman

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9635054/darrelle-revis-tampa-bay-buccaneers-happy-divulge-new-york-jets-secrets

"It's just one of those things, when a player comes from another team, [offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan] is asking a couple of questions about [the Jets'] defense and what are the base calls, I spill them," Revis said. "I'll spill the beans and let him know what we used to run and let him know what things Coach [Rex] Ryan might do. It's almost like stealing a little bit. That's what you've got to do. You take the information and pass it to the offensive coordinator."

"I know these guys," Revis said. "I played against them every day in practice. I've got a bunch of tips on those guys and the good thing about it is I've been sharing them with our secondary, telling Leonard [Johnson] tips about these guys, telling Johnthan Banks, tellingDashon [Goldson] about it and Mark [barron] as well. We'll come into this game real comfortable just from the experience I had there and knowing these guys."

Revis on Geno saying he hasn't studied any tape on Revis...

"I don't understand why he didn't study me because I will be on the opposite side," Revis said. "But I don't know what their game plan is or what their preparation is and personally, I don't know what Geno's preparation is. But I would hope that if you're playing against another opponent, you should study everybody on the opposing team. If that's the case, that's the case. I'm studying him. Just to let him know, I'm studying him. I guess we'll just leave it at that."

1.   We'll play the bucs once every 4 years.  Who cares if they know about the mole on Rex's butt.

2.   Nobody needs to know our defense.  Just wait till the 4th quarter, when we're gassed and any play works.

3.   Revis played his good year already.  Now he's going to ride tweaked hammies and old film into the sunset.

He sounds offended that Geno didn't study him. He must assume Geno doesn't find him important enough.

Which of course he is.... but that's how Revis is. He is a baby about everything and gets offended about everything. He was probably up all night curled up in bed rocking back and forth... "I'm the best corner in football" ... "it's me !!!" "They said I was the best !" "Did they lie !?!" "Why doesn't Geno fear me !?!" ....

He sounds offended that Geno didn't study him. He must assume Geno doesn't find him important enough.

Which of course he is.... but that's how Revis is. He is a baby about everything and gets offended about everything. He was probably up all night curled up in bed rocking back and forth... "I'm the best corner in football" ... "it's me !!!" "They said I was the best !" "Did they lie !?!" "Why doesn't Geno fear me !?!" ....

lol he really does sound offended!

Geno is not an idiot, of course he is aware of how good Revis is/was but just like every other QB in the league, he will most likely just throw away from him. Geno needs to be more focused on looking the CB's and Safeties off rather than staring down receivers like he did against Giants. If he does that well and is aware of where Revis is and who he is covering than that's all the "studying" he needs to do.  

Is anyone really overly concerned that the Bucs suddenly found out something groundbreaking from Revis that the league hadn't already known about after having 4 years worth of tape?  Not to mention the fact that the Jets are sporting 7 new starters on defense this year anyway.  The Jets could very easily have some problems come Sunday, but this won't be why.

Business garbage aside....Revis works as hard as anyone. Guy is a hell of a football player.

This This This This, and This Infinity! Guys please stop hating on the talent of D Revis it makes you sound really foolish, and childish, you want to kill the person, or the business man part of Revis fine, but the football player please stop there isn't anyone who works harder, or has as much talent at the position he plays so stop!

rex has been a DC for many years, everybody knows what he runs

when pettine was here they both called the defense, and they would let DT call coverages

so who knows who is calling the defense mevis ?

DT or rex ?

for 16 mill they are getting bad info 

love it

rex has been a DC for many years, everybody knows what he runs

when pettine was here they both called the defense, and they would let DT call coverages

so who knows who is calling the defense mevis ?

DT or rex ?

for 16 mill they are getting bad info 

love it

Rex is calling, with thurman's "input". revis thinking that Rex didn't change anything knowing that Revis would talk is just that moron being himself. 

shut up, Revis.  YOur secondary will see a new system, a lot of new guys, and a new  QB.  You can tell them a heap more about the Jet defense.  As for Geno, you have had virtually nothing to study.  I doubt he will repeat his performance agains the Jints. And I suspect Rex will introduce a lot of wrinkles for your guys. 

This This This This, and This Infinity! Guys please stop hating on the talent of D Revis it makes you sound really foolish, and childish, you want to kill the person, or the business man part of Revis fine, but the football player please stop there isn't anyone who works harder, or has as much talent at the position he plays so stop!

leave-britney-alone-o.gif

Archived