What do we need to fix this team?

joewilly12

A friend of mine posed this question on another forum. I thought I would post it here.

The best response he got was this.

A head coach that has the authority to tell his O coordinator to run the ball in field goal range instead of a having a rookie drop back and throw 38 times to garbage receivers.

GARBAGE WRs that's what we got!

maximize picks for next year and clear cap space

and it's being done

as far as fan ignorance of who MM is and what he does, well the jets can't fix that

for the last 10 years the crybabies have been all about "throw it more, the jets are behind the times"  now its "run it more"

what were you expecting from morningwood ?

I thought he called the game the way he did to get geno as many reps in the normal offense as he could, and he took the huggies off a little.  

the only was geno learns is to chuck it

growing pains, deal with it

What do we need to fix this team?

Weapons.  Playmakers. rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, sh*t-kickers and Methodists.

Draft: 

1a) Marqise Lee WR(I love Watkins, but Lee, while understand, is can't miss)

1b) Sammy Watkins WR

2) Austin Sefarian-Jenkins TE (beast in the run game and the passing game)

3-7) Jalen Saunders

Free Agency:

1) Jermichael Finley (Yea, I know. He's going to want a big contract, but with the cap space we have, if Geno turns out to be the real deal, it's worth the money to surround him with talent) 

If you can get one of the WRs, one of the TEs and add that to a seasoned Hill and Kerley than I think that's the beginning of getting Geno some talent that he can actually grow with.  I'd immediately replace Gates with Jalen Saunders and go from there.

Start over on receivers

Cut them all

End the cumberland experiment

Cut his ass bring in a number 1 te

Powell should be your 3rd rb or 4th

Bring in a number 1 from 1st or 2nd pick

Draft one of the 2014 qb (pocket passer please)

Bring in or draft a legit fs

Bring in or draft a legit olb

That's all

Start over on receivers

Cut them all

End the cumberland experiment

Cut his ass bring in a number 1 te

Powell should be your 3rd rb or 4th

Bring in a number 1 from 1st or 2nd pick

Draft one of the 2014 qb (pocket passer please)

Bring in or draft a legit fs

Bring in or draft a legit olb

That's all

Will you wait for this supposed #1 WR to develop, or will you jump on him as quickly as Hill and the others??  WRs not named Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald or Anquan Boldin take time to develop.  You gain nothing by cutting Hill or Kerley (which the idea of cutting him is ridiculous); it's hills 2nd game in his second season as a second rounder, I mean jesus dude have some patience. 

Will you wait for this supposed #1 WR to develop, or will you jump on him as quickly as Hill and the others??  WRs not named Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald or Anquan Boldin take time to develop.  You gain nothing by cutting Hill or Kerley (which the idea of cutting him is ridiculous); it's hills 2nd game in his second season as a second rounder, I mean jesus dude have some patience. 

Patience and Jets fans should not be used in the same sentence.

-Keep Rex

-Keep Marty

-Draft BPA, don't get away from that.. but draft at least 1 RB, WR or TE in the first 3 rounds

-Use that cap space we got next year to fill the remaining holes

I think we're in good shape for 2014. I know that's not a popular opinion but that's what I believe.

You can't have it both ways.  Delete the bold and I agree 100%

Draft: 

1a) Marqise Lee WR(I love Watkins, but Lee, while understand, is can't miss)

1b) Sammy Watkins WR

2) Austin Sefarian-Jenkins TE (beast in the run game and the passing game)

3-7) Jalen Saunders

Free Agency:

1) Jermichael Finley (Yea, I know. He's going to want a big contract, but with the cap space we have, if Geno turns out to be the real deal, it's worth the money to surround him with talent) 

If you can get one of the WRs, one of the TEs and add that to a seasoned Hill and Kerley than I think that's the beginning of getting Geno some talent that he can actually grow with.  I'd immediately replace Gates with Jalen Saunders and go from there.

Watkin's is a sophomore this year. But I agree.. surround him with TON$$$$$$$ of talent, and we could have a good developing QB.

Gotta build AROUND young QB's .. he was thrown out there with nothing.

We don't need clowney tbh.. I mean he is one hell of a player(he has been slacking HARD lately)  but we need straight offensive weapinz

the best O lineman...

the best wide outs..

The best TE..

And THEN if geno isn't much, we know he isn't the guy. unfortunately if that happen's it will be too late to snag Bridge water or Boyd.

But there is always Jamis kid from where ever EJ was from.

Watkin's is a sophomore this year. But I agree.. surround him with TON$$$$$$$ of talent, and we could have a good developing QB.

Gotta build AROUND young QB's .. he was thrown out there with nothing.

We don't need clowney tbh.. I mean he is one hell of a player(he has been slacking HARD lately)  but we need straight offensive weapinz

the best O lineman...

the best wide outs..

The best TE..

And THEN if geno isn't much, we know he isn't the guy. unfortunately if that happen's it will be too late to snag Bridge water or Boyd.

Watkins is a true junior at Clemson and as such I hope he's certainly on our radar along with Marqise Lee.  I know Idzik will probably stick to his guns and go BPA, but the draft once again looks to be incredibly heavy on top with defense and a few QBs scattered in there.  

As far as our Oline goes, if Vlad proves he can play at a consistent level for the entire season than he should be resigned as well as howard.  Winters looks like he should be ready to step in for Colon at the end of the year, so outside of depth, it certainly would be nice to have a better swing tackle, it seems the FO did a good job shoring up the line.

TE is still an area that needs a massive upgrade, because Winslow isn't staying healthy and with us past this season, so either via free agency or the draft we certainly need to look there. That seferian-jenkins out of UW is a stud in both the run and passing game, I doubt he'd fall to the second, but getting someone like Lee/Watkins in the first and a TE in the second like that would certainly be a nice influx of talent on that side of the ball.

Watkins is a true junior at Clemson and as such I hope he's certainly on our raider along with Marqise Lee.  I know Idzik will probably stick to his guns and go BPA, but the draft once again looks to be incredibly heavy on top with defense and a few QBs scattered in there.  

As far as our Oline goes, if Vlad proves he can play at a consistent level for the entire season than he should be resigned as well as howard.  Winters looks like he should be ready to step in for Colon at the end of the year, so outside of depth, it certainly would be nice to have a better swing tackle, it seems the FO did a good job shoring up the line.

TE is still an area that needs a massive upgrade, because Winslow isn't staying healthy and with us past this season, so either via free agency or the draft we certainly need to look there. That seferian-jenkins out of UW is a stud in both the run and passing game, I doubt he'd fall to the second, but getting someone like Lee/Watkins in the first and a TE in the second like that would certainly be a nice influx of talent on that side of the ball.

My mistake he is a junior.

But I agree Lee is the guy you go after.. because even though Holmes looks like he is the best WR on the list.... he is in a contract year and I don't think idzik will keep him around.

I personally would be more comfortable signing a solid vet TE in FA... but a healthy, remotely young one. Jimmy Graham...Finely.. exc. Only because I would rather save that pick - potential 2nd round if we were to go TE - on something else. Harris is getting kind of old... so I wouldn't mind replacing him with a star talent like Anthony Barr

My mistake he is a junior.

But I agree Lee is the guy you go after.. because even though Holmes looks like he is the best WR on the list.... he is in a contract year and I don't think idzik will keep him around.

I personally would be more comfortable signing a solid vet TE in FA... but a healthy, remotely young one. Jimmy Graham...Finely.. exc. Only because I would rather save that pick - potential 2nd round if we were to go TE - on something else. Harris is getting kind of old... so I wouldn't mind replacing him with a star talent like Anthony Barr

Holmes definitely won't be back.

Jermichael Finley is all potential and zero performance. Dude never does what he's supposedly capable of, and he has one of the best QBs in football throwing to him.

No need to draft Harris's replacement for another year or three, he looks great this year.

Watkins is a player and there's the Clemson connection with Rex. He's better than Marquise Lee. I'm sure Boyd we'll be looking at as well.

A lot of the big time offensive talent are sophmores, which is annoying. Amari Cooper is the best WR in the country imo. Todd Gurley is another guy we could use.

Watkins is a player and there's the Clemson connection with Rex. He's better than Marquise Lee. I'm sure Boyd we'll be looking at as well.

A lot of the big time offensive talent are sophmores, which is annoying. Amari Cooper is the best WR in the country imo. Todd Gurley is another guy we could use.

Running back from Georgia ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YueOldW_8tc

Yes. He's a beast.

We can add Brett Hundley to the sophmore's who look like first round picks. list.

When I was watching Clemson/Georgia game.. he caught my eye hard..  kid has power.. but he is faster and has reggie bush like cut's.. which is rare.

Come to think of it.. that description fit's a NFL player I know.... AP

He DOES show time's where he looks a little slower on plays.

The only issue I see with Gurley is that he's going to be run into the ground another year next year in the SEC, but he's an absolute stud.  I'd like to see what we have in Ivory and Goodson before giving up any top picks for a RB, a position I'm not usually inclined to spend high on.  I think Lee and Watkins (whom I Love) are in a class above the rest and someone like Sefarien-Jenkins are guys we should be targeting early. The value should be right, allowing us to go BPA or close to it and provide us with some much, much needed talent on the offensive side of the ball. 

I like the Evans kid out of A&M, he's just a physical freak, great body control and seems to catch everything.  He'll probably unfairly draw a lot of comparisons to Ramses Barden because of his size, but hes played very well in a much tougher conference and isn't just a track star.  Keep your eye on him against Bama tonight.

Archived