The Wilk hula dance.

joewilly12

Do you think he has a shot for defensive player of the year?  If he keeps it up you gotta wonder at some points. Probably has as much to do with the Jets winning than it does with his play I would guess. Maybe not?

Probably not for two reasons, the first being what you alluded to, which is the overall team not likely being successful enough, and the other being the stat line.  While Wilk is obviously doing better than ever in that department and has already long destroyed his previous high in sacks, he's also certainly not going to end up as a league leader in that area.  Too much of what he does great isn't represented on the stat sheet, so that's always going to hurt when it comes to awards and things like that.

Do you think he has a shot for defensive player of the year?  If he keeps it up you gotta wonder at some points. Probably has as much to do with the Jets winning than it does with his play I would guess. Maybe not?

Two words Big Man: Nick. Folk. THE reason the season isn't a total bust so far.

I love Wilkerson the player and the person he's developed into a true leader on this defense. But I hate the Hula Dance. I don't think Wilk Needs to send a message he deserves to go to the pro bowl at all. It seems like he does not realize people are noticing him so he needs a dance to get the attention. I say his play does plenty to get the entire leagues attention. I think Wilk should play the "been there done that" dance and walk back to the huddle.

I love Wilkerson the player and the person he's developed into a true leader on this defense. But I hate the Hula Dance. I don't think Wilk Needs to send a message he deserves to go to the pro bowl at all. It seems like he does not realize people are noticing him so he needs a dance to get the attention. I say his play does plenty to get the entire leagues attention. I think Wilk should play the "been there done that" dance and walk back to the huddle.

you have a gif of the gasteneau sack dance?  I used to love that sh!t, but then again I was 9 at the time.

you have a gif of the gasteneau sack dance?  I used to love that sh!t, but then again I was 9 at the time.

I was not a big fan of Gastineau. He was a one dimensional player who was horrid vs the run. Teams would run traps on him over and over and over and I would sit there wondering when in the hell his dumb ass would actually realize WTF was going on. Not to mention He was a total dick outside of football as well. The epitome of selfishness.

On the other hand Wilkerson is an all around beast who does what it takes for the team to succeed he's the exact opposite of Gastineau maybe I have deep rooted hatred for sack dances LOL

I hope not. That just means another $2 mil per year tacked on to the next contract. 

post of the year candidate! 

Mo is a beast. so happy he is blossoming into a top tier guy. I think he's on the mount rushmore of interior D-linemen at the moment. Atkins Wilfat Raji Mo Wilk maybe as your top 4 in the league at the moment?

edit to include, Suh, Marcell Dareus on that list

Mo Wilks a beast end of story. On a side note , Calvin Pace had 6 tackles, a sack and FF in yesterday's game. What a difference a year makes, I thought he was done after last year.

That just goes to show you the kind of impact having this type of DL can have throughout the defense.  It's not just Pace, all of the LBs look like different people when those guys are playing at this kind of level.  This is the best Harris has looked in at least 3 seasons.  It sure makes their lives easier when they aren't getting cracked in the mouth by guards on every play, as OL getting to the second level when dealing with Wilkerson, Harrison and Richardson is no easy task.

I hope not. That just means another $2 mil per year tacked on to the next contract. 

Yeah let him get DPOY after his contract is signed :) that would make me very happy. And Mr Spock should perform a mind meld on Rex Ryan to never discuss Mo with the Media EVER

Yeah let him get DPOY after his contract is signed :) that would make me very happy. And Mr Spock should perform a mind meld on Rex Ryan to never discuss Mo with the Media EVER

Exactly. That's the main thing I don't like about Rex. I believe he basically created the Revis monster with his comments about him being the best CB in the league on 09. All the talk about DPOY over 

Woodson etc.  It's not that Revis wasn't going to be a money hungry problem, but Rex accelerated the issue IMO.  

I hope he doesn't do the same thing with Mo.

post of the year candidate! 

Mo is a beast. so happy he is blossoming into a top tier guy. I think he's on the mount rushmore of interior D-linemen at the moment. Atkins Wilfat Raji Mo Wilk maybe as your top 4 in the league at the moment?

edit to include, Suh, Marcell Dareus on that list

JJ Watt

I was not a big fan of Gastineau. He was a one dimensional player who was horrid vs the run. Teams would run traps on him over and over and over and I would sit there wondering when in the hell his dumb ass would actually realize WTF was going on. Not to mention He was a total dick outside of football as well. The epitome of selfishness.

On the other hand Wilkerson is an all around beast who does what it takes for the team to succeed he's the exact opposite of Gastineau maybe I have deep rooted hatred for sack dances LOL

The difference is, is that when Gastineau did his shtick, it was a novelty. I remember Billy White Shoes Johnson doing the funny dance, and it was OK - but now that everybody does it, it's pretty nauseating. It seems so self serving when a guy does a dance and ignores his teammates for those few seconds - shows the ego in it. I always liked the humble guys who give football to the ref.

Exactly. That's the main thing I don't like about Rex. I believe he basically created the Revis monster with his comments about him being the best CB in the league on 09. All the talk about DPOY over 

Woodson etc.  It's not that Revis wasn't going to be a money hungry problem, but Rex accelerated the issue IMO.  

I hope he doesn't do the same thing with Mo.

True, but Revis made his reputation off that '09 season.  So much so that maybe the rest of the league didn't realize his play declined some since then, and the Bucs gave us a 1st and 3rd/4th for a guy coming off an ACL tear and handed him $16 million.  So one could argue it goes both ways.

That being said, I haven't heard Rex talk up Wilkerson like he did Revis.  Not at all, really.  So, PROGRESS.

True, but Revis made his reputation off that '09 season.  So much so that maybe the rest of the league didn't realize his play declined some since then, and the Bucs gave us a 1st and 3rd/4th for a guy coming off an ACL tear and handed him $16 million.  So one could argue it goes both ways.

That being said, I haven't heard Rex talk up Wilkerson like he did Revis.  Not at all, really.  So, PROGRESS.

I also see the progress, but I suppose I'm still shell shocked and waiting for Rex to come out and Boast that Mo is the best D lineman in league history or some $hit like that.   :D

I also see the progress, but I suppose I'm still shell shocked and waiting for Rex to come out and Boast that Mo is the best D lineman in league history or some $hit like that.   :biggrin:

Yeah, but if he does that I'm fully confident Idzik would slap him in the mouth.  We're talking about the same GM who probably paid the Giants to hurt Sanchez in that preseason game.  LOL.

Archived