Gronk has Torn ACL and Out for the Year.

Ken Schroy

Cue Pats fans bitching about Gronk being injured, even though he was injured when they drafted him

Ii am sorry you have a team full of players you do not wan ton the field.

That is the NFL.

@ Tom--that was the first thing I thought when I saw the hit as well.  not going to be much of a passing league when the #1 WR on every team is rehabbing shredded knees.  I would have thought that the outcry from the talking heads would have begun already but maybe it will take Megatron's knee getting shredded to start the uproar.

In the old days, that was considered a dirty hit a la Andre Waters. Now, because of the reactionary halfwit running the league who is trying to avoid litigation from embittered, penniless vets, crushing a dude's knee is now the way to go. Awful.

Yup

No one cared when Dustin Keller got his knee torn up in pre-season on hit just like that but now that it has happened to one of its marquee players you can pretty much guarantee that Goodell and the rules committee with make that kind of hit illegal next season.

Yup

No one cared when Dustin Keller got his knee torn up in pre-season on hit just like that but now that it has happened to one of its marquee players you can pretty much guarantee that Goodell and the rules committee with make that kind of hit illegal next season.

and tackles will be made how?

the working theory on this is that it's better to limp than to be a drooling lump who can't remember where he lives or who he is. AND the NFL won't have to pay any money to you. nothing is going to change.

the working theory on this is that it's better to limp than to be a drooling lump who can't remember where he lives or who he is. AND the NFL won't have to pay any money to you. nothing is going to change.

I foresee that the forward pass will be played much differently in the future - perhaps being downed at the point of reception thus making tackles unnecessary

That hit was not a product of karma. What it is is proof that the helmet to helmet contact is affecting how guy play the game. The cleveland player was obviously going low because he didnt want to get flagged for a helmet hit. That play back in the old days wouldve resulted in someone getting knocked out but because of the the rule change guys gotta low with the same force and this is the result. I like Gronk and i like playing against him cause if we cant beat that guy we dont deserve to win. hes a tough SOB and we all want him on our team. we just hate him cause hes on the Pats.

In the future, receivers will have strike zones printed on their uniforms showing where it's okay to hit them.

I think it will get to a point where you are only going to be allowed to hit in the torso/back areas, DB's are basically going to have to hold on for dear life until help arrives. 

It sucks but this is the new NFL. 

The NFL has pushed for a passing league...with that comes these types of hits. Polian got the 5 yard rule instituted...get rid of it.

There were 85 TD's scored yesterday or something...

100 % agreed.

Easiest way to make the NFL fun again AND keep things safe?

1) Remove illegal contact

2) Allow offensive holding

The game would be relatively free of head injuries, but we'd still have physical play.  And running the ball would become a priority. 

Archived