Jets interested in Whitner and MJD?

RSJ

Is there anyone they're not interested in?

Right?  It's pretty crazy how many people the Jets are linked to these days.   I'm interested to see what MJD is worth on the open market though. Could be interesting.

Maurice Jones-Drew Of Interest To The Jets?

By David_Wyatt  @D_wyatt13 on Mar 9 2014, 7:28p

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2014/3/9/5489020/maurice-jones-drew-of-interest-to-the-jets

Manish had a final note tonight and that relates to the Jaguars RB and him being a "person of interest" to the Jets

Final one for the night, I'm sure some of these guys throw out names left right and centre knowing we'll write more than a 140 character tweet on them.

According to Manish, Maurice Jones-Drew is a person of interest to the Jets. Is that serious interest? due-diligence interest? or just that they find him enthralling? we simply don't know but we'll look anyway.

It is being reported by several outlets in Florida that the soon to be 29 year old will receive a 2 year deal from Jacksonville. Any team willing to tag on a third year will have the edge when it comes to contract negotiations.

2014 will be the 9th season of Jones-Drew's career, all of which have been spent with Jacksonville. After an injury hit 2012, Maurice rushed for his lowest YPC in his career in 2013, with many suggesting that he was still feeling the affects of his injury.

A lifetime 4.5 YPC man, Jones-Drew has been one of the best running backs over the last 8 years, in total he has rushed for 8,071 yards and 68 touchdowns, while catching for 2,873 yards and 11 touchdowns.

With over 1,800 rushing attempts in the NFL, is there any life left in the tires? I happen to think there is. In 2012 he experienced an injury to his left foot, and wasn't immediately placed on IR which was a mistake. In 2013 he played on a terrible team and looked to be still feeling the injury. However now with a full off-season recovery and potentially a new team, it could breath some new life into what is a fantastic career.

Reports suggest that a 3 year deal with the first year offering $4 million may seal the deal. Would you be willing to offer that up? Is Ivory, Powell and Jones-Drew something that would interest you?

Maurice Jones-Drew Of Interest To The Jets?

By David_Wyatt  @D_wyatt13 on Mar 9 2014, 7:28p

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2014/3/9/5489020/maurice-jones-drew-of-interest-to-the-jets

Manish had a final note tonight and that relates to the Jaguars RB and him being a "person of interest" to the Jets

Final one for the night, I'm sure some of these guys throw out names left right and centre knowing we'll write more than a 140 character tweet on them.

According to Manish, Maurice Jones-Drew is a person of interest to the Jets. Is that serious interest? due-diligence interest? or just that they find him enthralling? we simply don't know but we'll look anyway.

It is being reported by several outlets in Florida that the soon to be 29 year old will receive a 2 year deal from Jacksonville. Any team willing to tag on a third year will have the edge when it comes to contract negotiations.

2014 will be the 9th season of Jones-Drew's career, all of which have been spent with Jacksonville. After an injury hit 2012, Maurice rushed for his lowest YPC in his career in 2013, with many suggesting that he was still feeling the affects of his injury.

A lifetime 4.5 YPC man, Jones-Drew has been one of the best running backs over the last 8 years, in total he has rushed for 8,071 yards and 68 touchdowns, while catching for 2,873 yards and 11 touchdowns.

With over 1,800 rushing attempts in the NFL, is there any life left in the tires? I happen to think there is. In 2012 he experienced an injury to his left foot, and wasn't immediately placed on IR which was a mistake. In 2013 he played on a terrible team and looked to be still feeling the injury. However now with a full off-season recovery and potentially a new team, it could breath some new life into what is a fantastic career.

Reports suggest that a 3 year deal with the first year offering $4 million may seal the deal. Would you be willing to offer that up? Is Ivory, Powell and Jones-Drew something that would interest you?

If that's the case than it makes sense. Adding Jones-Drew at that price would solidify the backfield.

Two interesting & somewhat surprising names on Jets Persons of Interest list: 49ers S Donte Whitner & Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew #nyj

Not that surprising. The NFL has crushed in the area of deflating contracts, and  "second contract RB = bad" isn't a special unique thought. There's probably some thought that MJD has something left in the tank and will come at a good price. There isn't any reason for a team with a ton of cap space and room to upgrade the roster to not look at these guys. Same for Whitner, but I actually like the idea of MJD. 

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 15m

Jets' priority for team is to their strengthen offense and defense: All players, both good and really good on their Persons of Interest list. #nyj #maybe

In other words, Manish is just throwing as much sh*t against the wall as he possibly can, and hoping something sticks.

Breaking news jets interested in every free agent with two hands and legs- reality no one knows but idzik

Correct, which makes reacting to this nonsense all the more counterproductive and annoying.

Mannish doesn't know anything right now, neither does Cimini, Glauber or any of the mouth breathers that cover the Jets. They're all just making sh*t up to justify their own pathetic existences. 

I really think MJD would do awesome here! I think he's still got plenty of life left. at 4 Mill a year I think we gotta jump on him. if he turns out to be our LT.. He'll be well worth the money!

If he is cut outright, I can see him being very interested in the Jets.   If healthy, he could really pad his stats here considering Ivory's prolific injury history and the lack of a passing game.  Probably one of the best landing spots he could find.

Archived