What would be a realistic FA wish list from here on out?

nj meadowlands

Now that the smoke has settled a little, I suppose I'd rank our top needs as:  1) CB, 2) G, 3) WR/TE, 4) QB, 5) RB

So what would your realistic preferences be?

CB

1. Antonio Cromartie

2. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

3. Captain Munnerlyn

G

1. Travelle Wharton

2. Willie Colon

WR/TE

1. James Jones

2. Emmanuel Sanders

3. Jermichael Finley

4. Brandon Pettigrew

QB

1. Mike Vick

2. Matt Schaub

3. Sanchez?

RB

1. MJD

2. Nothing else I guess?  Draft is full of pass catching backs.

was just about to post something similar. as we head into day 3 I am looking at as new targets/wish-list:

Emmanuel Sanders/James Jones, Pettigrew/Ed Dickson, Chris Clemons, DRC, Thurdmond, Zach Strief?, Colon/Waters?, Charles Woodson??, J Peppers??, Peanut Tillman??

not sure why all this MJD love. guy was awful last year. maybe was banged up but he's got a lottt of wear on his tires. 

Cro should come back and/or DRC. 

Sanders or Jones would be excellent pickups. (I'm leaning towards Sanders at this time for some reason) and I would LOVE to see Zach Strief signed and move this Beno guy inside to RG. 

That would make me very happy going into the draft. 

either cromartie, sanders, peppers on the cheap and colon for depth

maybe MJD on the cheap as well, i dont know if he can catch out of the backfield but that would be a sticking point.

i think "on the cheap" should be the motto for JN this time of year. what are you even talking about "on the cheap"? only $1 more than the highest offer these guys will get elsewhere? you do realize they have more than two options: to sign our cheap offer or retire. 

I'd like to see a veteran corner signed, another solid WR option, maybe an OLB (though I'd be fine with bringing Pace back), a veteran safety would be cool (though I'd be fine with Reed coming back), a Guard (though I'd be fine with Colon coming back).  lol

Basically, I want the Jets to have flexibility in the draft.  Thats what I'm looking for in signings moving forward.

I'd like to see a veteran corner signed, another solid WR option, maybe an OLB (though I'd be fine with bringing Pace back), a veteran safety would be cool (though I'd be fine with Reed coming back), a Guard (though I'd be fine with Colon coming back).  lol

Basically, I want the Jets to have flexibility in the draft.  Thats what I'm looking for in signings moving forward.

That is the important thing to me. I want the best player that falls to the Jets in each round. In order to do that the Jets need to be solid at all positions going into the draft.

Yep.  Decker was our "big signing".  One of the three CB's and/or James Jones would count as another.  The rest will be non-sexy pickups to fill out the roster pre-draft.

Yep.  Decker was our "big signing".  One of the three CB's and/or James Jones would count as another.  The rest will be non-sexy pickups to fill out the roster pre-draft.

vick will get more media attention when we sign him.

I like Joesph, the G from the Bucs. Isn't Chris Johnson said to be cut? But the way Idzik operates contract wise we maybe won't be able to please him. We might as well try to sign Worilds to an offer sheet. I would look at Britt if we can't reach to terms with Jones. Not sure if Nicks would play for us as Geno is far from Rivers, Luck, Newton and others.

Vick wants to go somewhere he will start immediately.  He's not coming here.  Thank God.

I imagine he'll be an Oakland Raider quite soon.

will be interesting to see what he does. doubt he wants to go to OAK only to have them draft manziel. the good news that he knows who he will be competing with if he comes to the jets--we aren't taking a first year starter at 18 and we aren't trading up high enough to get one of those guys. vick has to feel pretty good about his chances to beat geno in camp.

i think "on the cheap" should be the motto for JN this time of year. what are you even talking about "on the cheap"? only $1 more than the highest offer these guys will get elsewhere? you do realize they have more than two options: to sign our cheap offer or retire.

It's almost like we're a mediocre team with multiple holes to fill.

was just about to post something similar. as we head into day 3 I am looking at as new targets/wish-list:

Emmanuel Sanders/James Jones, Pettigrew/Ed Dickson, Chris Clemons, DRC, Thurdmond, Zach Strief?, Colon/Waters?, Charles Woodson??, J Peppers??, Peanut Tillman??

not sure why all this MJD love. guy was awful last year. maybe was banged up but he's got a lottt of wear on his tires. 

From age 26-28, he had barely crossed 300 total carries. Thats the prime age for RBs. MJD was playing hurt last year and was part of an offense that was worse than ours for the most part. All they had was MJD and teams knew that. Load the box and force the opponents to throw. MJD still has about 2 solid years of football left. I hope we can get him, because a young QB needs to check down to his RBs/TEs too often. Unless u feel Cumberland will be the next Jason Witten, MJD is a very logical option.

He will also give this offense the spark that Leon Washington used to give back a few years. We haven't had such an RB in a while that could break away on any given play. The only difference is, MJD is far more consistent at providing such spark than Leon was. Whats to lose? 2 years, 3-4mil per and the deal is done for an RB that can have 50+ catches and combine for over 1500 yards with Ivory alone. We'll have two excellent runners in MJD and Ivory and if/when any of those go down, you still have Bilal Powell to lean on.

I like Joesph, the G from the Bucs. Isn't Chris Johnson said to be cut? But the way Idzik operates contract wise we maybe won't be able to please him. We might as well try to sign Worilds to an offer sheet. I would look at Britt if we can't reach to terms with Jones. Not sure if Nicks would play for us as Geno is far from Rivers, Luck, Newton and others.

And Nicks is far from Megatron, Dez and Damerius. Nicks would play for any team that can give him a one year rental deal around $4 mil.

Didn't Nicks say he wasn't interested in a one year deal?

No one's giving him a multi year deal unless its like 3 mil per. I'd throw in 2 years $6mil deal or 3 years $9 mil ($3 mil signing bonus, yr1 salary: $1m, yr2: $2m, yr3: $3m), and the ability to cut him in year 3. Its effectively a 2 yr deal worth $6mil but the Jets get the opportunity to use his injury prone services for yr 3 if needed. He's not getting anywhere near Decker money.

No one's giving him a multi year deal unless its like 3 mil per. I'd throw in 2 years $6mil deal or 3 years $9 mil ($3 mil signing bonus, yr1 salary: $1m, yr2: $2m, yr3: $3m), and the ability to cut him in year 3. Its effectively a 2 yr deal worth $6mil but the Jets get the opportunity to use his injury prone services for yr 3 if needed. He's not getting anywhere near Decker money.

yeah $3M is probably lower than what he could get on a multi-year but whatever he is offered will probably be too low for him. if he is willing to bet on himself with a one-year show me deal about the last place he'd want to be is on the jets unless they have vick in tow, then maybe.

OG Travelle Wharton 4yr/16M...6G   --- make this 3 years, but he probably gets a little more annual

WR Sidney Rice 1yr/3.5M    ---   sounds like a good deal, but i'd like to kick tires on Jones and Sanders first

TE Brandon Pettigrew 4yr/18M    --- also make this 3 years... money sounds fine

RB Felix Jones 1yr/vet min   ---  would you rather this clown than Goodson?  pass

OLB LaMarr Woodley 4yr/28M    ---  sounds like too big a contract, but I like the player.  I think he signs elsewhere today though.

CB Antonio Cromartie 2yr/12M   ---- bingo.

CB Carlos Rogers  1yr/1.5M   ----  would LOVE this one, but i think he gets more.

S Charles Woodson 1yr/3M   --- pass.

NFL Network's Mike Silver names the Giants, Jets, Texans, Raiders, and Lions as possible landing spots for free agent Brandon Pettigrew.
Early-offseason chatter had the Lions potentially franchise tagging Pettigrew, the idea of which now looks foolish. He's been connected to a bevy of teams but almost certainly not getting the financial offers he's seeking. Pettigrew is 29 years old with shaky hands and no dynamic elements to his receiving game.

This is exactly what the Jets need. Some "shaky hands" in the parking lot of Target.

Qb J Campbell/2015 draft if Geno loses job in camp

Rb draft

Wr Nicks/Steve Smith/Jones/and draft

Te Pettigrew

T draft

G Colon/and draft

Lb Woodley/Pace/and draft

Cb DRC/Munn/Cro/and draft

S Reed/Harris

Archived