Generally, I disagree with Cinimi..But

MatthewPLP

This time he's spot on!

1. Is there a plan at cornerback?: The most alarming development so far is the gaping hole at cornerback. The Jets have yet to replace Antonio Cromartie, who is on an overnight visit with the Arizona Cardinals. The Jets have watched as five top corners, including that guy Revis, signed with other teams. On Thursday, Captain Munnerlyn, who was on the Jets' radar, signed a three-year, $14.25 million contract with the Minnesota Vikings. Rex Ryan, whose defensive scheme is predicated on man-to-man coverage on the perimeter, has to be feeling a bit nervous. If the Jets had to play today, the starters would be Dee Milliner and Kyle Wilson. What about a Cromartie reunion? The Jets didn't try to renegotiate before cutting him -- telling.

Let's look at Idziks strategy,

Build through the draft:

Doesn't every team do this? It's certainly not a reason to be a cheapskate during FA with 40 mil sitting there. We still get the same picks in the draft regardless of who we sign in FA, so this idea of building through the draft is a crock of sh**. Every team does that, the smarter teams add missing pieces through FA, and we have quite a few missing pieces that could have been addressed on day 1 and 2 of FA.

This isn't MLB, we don't have a farm system, it's a win now league. Not lets plan to win 3 years from now, but this year.

There is always Vets that get cut during Camp as a Rookie emerges etc. .I assume Jets will be [players on a few Vet CBs that get cut in summer.

your missing Ciminis point...if we had to play today we'd be screwed,...lol

Build through the draft:

Doesn't every team do this? It's certainly not a reason to be a cheapskate during FA with 40 mil sitting there. We still get the same picks in the draft regardless of who we sign in FA, so this idea of building through the draft is a crock of sh**. Every team does that, the smarter teams add missing pieces through FA, and we have quite a few missing pieces that could have been addressed on day 1 and 2 of FA.

This isn't MLB, we don't have a farm system, it's a win now league. Not lets plan to win 3 years from now, but this year.

I agree with this.  There's only so many players that we'll be able to draft.  And there's a very good possibility that we'll swing and miss on some of them.  The team needs to add some pieces in Free Agency to fill the open holes.  Then you draft players, bring them in, and let there be an open competition for starting jobs.  I'm not saying that Idzik has to go on a wild spending spree, but he has to sign some players to create some depth to this roster.  Right now, we don't have it.  There are needs all over the place.  

Maybe Idzik is saying, "Hey, Rex, you have two first rounders playing corner. Make it work. Get the f*ck out of my office, loser."

Well, the fact that the Jets have been linked with multiple corners tells me Idzik would be interested in upgrading the position, but isn't willing to overspend to do so.  Wilson is a good slot corner and Milliner is going to be the starter on the outside.  We still need someone capable on the other side.

Wow, really? So we're all set than at corner back huh?

Teams built solely through free agency don't win.  It is a three pronged approach with the draft being the best way to acquire talent and free agency and signing released players as a supplement to that.  I am not willing to take a chicken little approach at this point because we didn't spend like the Raiders or the Cleveland Browns.

Teams built solely through free agency don't win.  It is a three pronged approach with the draft being the best way to acquire talent and free agency and signing released players as a supplement to that.  I am not willing to take a chicken little approach at this point because we didn't spend like the Raiders or the Cleveland Browns.

Who the hell said build solely on FA..... One extreme to the other with you folks... Yes, you need to know how to find the middle...

Build through the draft:

+1 mil

Who the hell said build solely on FA..... One extreme to the other with you folks... Yes, you need to know how to find the middle...

I thought you were the one that assumed we wouldn't get a corner because we didn't get one in free agency.  Maybe you just aren't that good at expressing your true beliefs.

Maybe Idzik is saying, "Hey, Rex, you have two first rounders playing corner. Make it work. Get the f*ck out of my office, loser."

No.  He's saying, "dont worry honey bunches of oats who I Iove dearly and couldnt be happier with as my favoritest Head Coach ever who makes Darrell Bevell look like a little league softball coach, you get your choice of corner in the draft!"

I doubt it, Idzik comes off as a total pussy. He needed Rex to close the deal with our only real FA, telling stories of his grandeur and veracious sexual appetite over ale and meal.

This time he's spot on!

1. Is there a plan at cornerback?: The most alarming development so far is the gaping hole at cornerback. The Jets have yet to replace Antonio Cromartie, who is on an overnight visit with the Arizona Cardinals. The Jets have watched as five top corners, including that guy Revis, signed with other teams. On Thursday, Captain Munnerlyn, who was on the Jets' radar, signed a three-year, $14.25 million contract with the Minnesota Vikings. Rex Ryan, whose defensive scheme is predicated on man-to-man coverage on the perimeter, has to be feeling a bit nervous. If the Jets had to play today, the starters would be Dee Milliner and Kyle Wilson. What about a Cromartie reunion? The Jets didn't try to renegotiate before cutting him -- telling.

Rich Cimini is a gaping hole. 

Cromartie is done so why worry about who overpays him next? The draft is loaded at CB, but the Jets keep whiffing on FA players who can help i.e. Brandon Pettigrew. I know the Jets would have had to overpay for him, but now they will overpay for a lesser talent like Winslow II, or some other over the hill bum like Dallas Clark. Don't let them leave without a contract Idiot.

Cromartie is done so why worry about who overpays him next? The draft is loaded at CB, but the Jets keep whiffing on FA players who can help i.e. Brandon Pettigrew. I know the Jets would have had to overpay for him, but now they will overpay for a lesser talent like Winslow II, or some other over the hill bum like Dallas Clark. Don't let them leave without a contract Idiot.

i don't even know where to start with this. you seriously have no idea how a market-based economy works, do you?

This time he's spot on!

Its march and we're less than a week into free agency. 

No-Whining-Big-Sticker-21461.jpg

i don't even know where to start with this. you seriously have no idea how a market-based economy works, do you?

You force people to take less money than they can get, in a higher tax state, and the player will have to sell his home and buy one where the cost is triple for the same thing.  Oh yeah, and something something pick up your life and move it and your wife and kids as well and all that.  All it takes is a good pep talk to get NFL free agents - particularly those on their one and only big payday - to forget about money for the greater glory of the New York Jets who have not yet demonstrated that they even have a QB.

Is that it?

You force people to take less money than they can get, in a higher tax state, and the player will have to sell his home and buy one where the cost is triple for the same thing.  Oh yeah, and something something pick up your life and move it and your wife and kids as well and all that.  All it takes is a good pep talk to get NFL free agents - particularly those on their one and only big payday - to forget about money for the greater glory of the New York Jets who have not yet demonstrated that they even have a QB.

Is that it?

dont forget the flipside: once they are a jet they will stay forever on a series of one-year deals at the vet minimum until we don't want them anymore

Archived