Mike Wallace on the trade block?

Sperm Edwards

Mike Wallace - WR - Dolphins

According to CBS' Jason La Canfora, the Dolphins have renewed attempts to trade Mike Wallace.
It's a story that's barely even worth discussing because Wallace is nearly impossible to trade. He signed a $60 million deal a year ago and is owed a whopping $15 million in 2014 base salary. The Miami Herald has previously disputed reports that Wallace is even on the block.

Looks like the rumors from Feb weren't pure rumors.  1 year in they don't want him anymore.

Difference between him & Jackson is not only the money difference (Jackson is less) but also Jackson's deal doesn't have any more guaranteed money left if he totally flakes out.  The second he's cut he's off the books.  Rotoworld says Wallace's $60M deal had $30M guaranteed.  Ouch.  So his full salary in '14 is guaranteed ($15M) plus $3M of next year's salary.

On Jason's site he has Wallace's cap number this year at $17.25M.

That's why you don't give knuckleheads and Sanchezes monster deals like this.  If (when) you don't want him not 1 year in, he's too expensive to bench, to expensive to dump, and too expensive to trade for a conditional 7th rounder in the year 2044 (conditional upon him catching 50 TDs over the first 4 weeks).

If the roto-rumors are believed to be true, the Dolphins are willing to trade their prized acquisition from last year's free agency, Mike Wallace, AND their first round pick from last year Dion Jordan, (who was really their first and second round pick given that's what it took to get him).  All of that I'm sure to make up for having to rebuild an entire OL due to their "circus".

How is the media NOT dumping on this team?

Eye watering, almost makes paying Revis 16mill per reasonable.

To be fair, the only reason that was ever unreasonable is because the NFL hates people. They get away with it because people hate people. It all works itself out after that and our great friends, the owners, get to laugh to the bank. 

If the roto-rumors are believed to be true, the Dolphins are willing to trade their prized acquisition from last year's free agency, Mike Wallace, AND their first round pick from last year Dion Jordan, (who was really their first and second round pick given that's what it took to get him).  All of that I'm sure to make up for having to rebuild an entire OL due to their "circus".

How is the media NOT dumping on this team?

What has happened with the Dolphins in the last 12 months is 20 times worse than anything that happened during the Tim Tebow fiasco of 2012 with the Jets. 

Honestly whats your educated take on Mike Wallace. I don't think hes worth the money he gets and I don't think the Dolphins will trade him to the Jets.

Pittsburgh led the way once again with allowing this player to leave without much of a fight. Desperate Miami freaked out gave him 60 mil. 

I am liking, and struggling, while watching Idzik take more of a Steelers approach this time around. 

At least that's what it seems to me.  

I'm pretty sure there isn't anyone who can get excited over getting Wallace and pay him $15 mil when we could target Jackson at $10 mil. Also Dolphins ain't trading him to Los Jets.

If Dolphins think Wallace is not worth $15mil especially when they don't have a viable backup, they would love for him to be on the Jets roster instead to eat up that cap.

Archived