Baltimore getting calls for #17 overall

Integrity28

Do you think anyone has contacted the Jets about the #18 spot? probably - just teams doing their due diligence  in case a favorable scenerio opens up for them. They would like to know who the potential partners are for a trade.

Where is this being reported ? At this point if it comes out someone is interested in a pick its usually by the team that wants to trade down from its current pick.

I think I saw it on Rotoworld.

Do you think anyone has contacted the Jets about the #18 spot? probably - just teams doing their due diligence  in case a favorable scenerio opens up for them. They would like to know who the potential partners are for a trade.

I'm sure the Jets have received calls. The Dolphins are projected to go OL, so there's probably a couple other teams that are OL needy looking at how to get in front of them too. Everything I've seen is saying that hte OL class is shallow in it's top tier, so that could maybe influence late 1st round teams to jump up to get "their guy". I guess. It's all fluid until it isn't really.

I dunno. It's hard to read the tea leaves about this sh*t, but I do think one of them is going to drop.

Obfuscation reigns this time of year. Anything can happen, but the top five is littered with the highest degrees of QB needy and I don't think Bridgewater's pro days were enough to do the job. I'd be really surprised if he makes it past Oakland.

Obfuscation reigns this time of year. Anything can happen, but the top five is littered with the highest degrees of QB needy and I don't think Bridgewater's pro days were enough to do the job. I'd be really surprised if he makes it past Oakland.

My head agrees, but my heart says he makes it to 18.

My head agrees, but my heart says he makes it to 18.

My opinion on the pro day is that it went something like this:

Scout: "Boss, he didn't look very good but who knows what he had going on. That's not the guy we saw on tape and in games."

GM: "That's good. Tell Mayock that he's horrible and that you wouldn't use a first rounder on him."

Scout: "Wait, what? But that's not what I said."

GM: "JUST DO IT!!"

My opinion on the pro day is that it went something like this:

Scout: "Boss, he didn't look very good but who knows what he had going on. That's not the guy we saw on tape and in games."

GM: "That's good. Tell Mayock that he's horrible and that you wouldn't use a first rounder on him."

Scout: "Wait, what? But that's not what I said."

GM: "JUST DO IT!!"

I know. I need to stop getting excited, or I'll end up weeping next Thursday night.

I know. I need to stop getting excited, or I'll end up weeping next Thursday night.

I'm sold on Houston passing on Clowney for one of the two. That means the other lands in front of Cleveland, Jacksonville, and Oakland. In the event that all pass, that leaves Tampa Bay and Minnesota in the latter half of the top ten. While Bridgewater or Manziel don't grade out higher than guys like Watkins, Robinson, or Mack, they don't exactly grade out low enough either.

I really think this is all just a product of normal pre-draft stuff, and it's been compounded by the extra lag time.

I'm sold on Houston passing on Clowney for one of the two. That means the other lands in front of Cleveland, Jacksonville, and Oakland. In the event that all pass, that leaves Tampa Bay and Minnesota in the latter half of the top ten. While Bridgewater or Manziel don't grade out higher than guys like Watkins, Robinson, or Mack, they don't exactly grade out low enough either.

I really think this is all just a product of normal pre-draft stuff, and it's been compounded by the extra lag time.

I've learned not to get attached to particular prospects because a.) we never end up drafting them, and b.) I was super-pissed we took Wilkerson over Cam Heyward, so what the **** do I know anyway.

With that said, ZOMG I SUPER<3 YOU TEDDY

Idzik is a genius, the guy owns the whole league. Now teams are trying to trade up to get ahead of him. But he is a ninja, you cannot outsmart Idzik. He reminds me of the guy they say all those really great things about  on those Dose Equis radio commercials.

Bridgewater

I can't believe the amount of maneuvering coming from the "experts" as they posture to be "right" about where he gets picked. LOL

Appearing on SportsCenter Thursday, ESPN's Adam Schefter called the Vikings "a team to watch" for Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater.

Schefter indicated he wouldn't necessarily expect Minnesota to draft Teddy at No. 8 overall, but they could be willing to trade back into the end of round one to secure him. The Vikings made a similar move to land Cordarrelle Patterson last April. In other Bridgewater news, Schefter stated NFL teams never viewed him as a truly elite prospect "behind closed doors," despite media speculation to the contrary. "I don't know that he was ever viewed as a No. 1 overall pick," Schefter stated. We expect Teddy's "sweet spot" to be in the 24-39 pick range.

Bridgewater

I can't believe the amount of maneuvering coming from the "experts" as they posture to be "right" about where he gets picked. LOL

I'm telling you, everything at this point is obfuscation and it's because of the lag. Teams have had their boards done for weeks and barring arrests there's nothing changing behind closed doors at this point.

I'm telling you, everything at this point is obfuscation and it's because of the lag. Teams have had their boards done for weeks and barring arrests there's nothing changing behind closed doors at this point.

Oh, I agree. What I'm saying is the Schefter, Kiper, Mayock meatballs are all sort of scrambling to re-align their respective narratives so to put as much distance between what they are saying now and what they were saying 2 months ago.

Oh, I agree. What I'm saying is the Schefter, Kiper, Mayock meatballs are all sort of scrambling to re-align their respective narratives so to put as much distance between what they are saying now and what they were saying 2 months ago.

I think it's a combination of that and also getting played to different degrees by organizations. The latter has become an understated standard over the past ten years or so.

I think it's a combination of that and also getting played to different degrees by organizations. The latter has become an understated standard over the past ten years or so.

Yep, which is why they all seem to start hedging when the draft gets close - because they are so scared of not "scooping" their competition. 

It's like cockroaches when you flip the lights on.

IIRC, Mayock had Bridgewater as his #1 QB as recently as early March. He's got him behind Garoppolo and Mettenberger now.

Archived