Calvin Pryor: "We hate the Pats and Giants"

T0mShane

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its just dumb, they play once every 4 years and are in a different conference

giant fans hate the jets every bit as much don't kid yourself... Every giant fan I know was rooting hard against us in 09-10

They hate us way more than we hate them.

Agreed. They just have a better position due to the success of their team so they can be smug and pretend that they don't hate the Jets. That way they can pretend to be on moral high ground. I hate the Giants almost as much as a division rival. I root for them to lose so their fans will feel pain. I have family and good friends as Giants fans, and on football Sunday I want to see them cry.  :headbang:

"When people ask me what it's like to share New York with the Giants, my response is always I am not sharing it with them - they are sharing it with me," Ryan writes. "Some people like to say the Giants are the big brother team and the Jets are the little brother team. I know it's going to (tick) off every Giants fan to hear this, but here you go: I really don't care.

"We came to New York City to be the best team in the NFL, not just the best team in New York City. And I have news for you: We are the better team. We're the big brother....It seems clear that right now we are the better team and we are going to remain the better team for the next 10 years. Whether you like it or not, those are the facts and that's what is going to happen."

--Rex Ryan, 2011

Response:

2012_NY_Giants_Super_Bowl_Champions_Wall

It should be noted im not saying giants fans dont hate jets also, im just saying that part is stupid we play every 4 years.

However as far as the actual teams go, it seems clear that rex points it out to the players to hate the giants and makes a point of it while tom coughlin doesnt say sh*t about it, i havent seen any gianrs get asked about hating a division rival and then say "we hate romo and the cowboys and the jets"

we hate the cowboys skins and eagles. Thats it

It should be noted im not saying giants fans dont hate jets also, im just saying that part is stupid we play every 4 years.

However as far as the actual teams go, it seems clear that rex points it out to the players to hate the giants and makes a point of it while tom coughlin doesnt say sh*t about it, i havent seen any gianrs get asked about hating a division rival and then say "we hate romo and the cowboys and the jets"

we hate the cowboys skins and eagles. Thats it

the only difference is media policy.  rex doesn't give a crap if they run their mouth, the vagina's and past* have a strict no comment policy

all coaches and players have rivalries and talk sh*t

the only difference is media policy.  rex doesn't give a crap if they run their mouth, the vagina's and past* have a strict no comment policy

all coaches and players have rivalries and talk sh*t

i see giants players asked all the time about divisional rivals and they always go somewhat the same route of discussion, ie we want to beat them, we hate them we, but no player ever goes out of his way to say oh ya i also hate the jets

i see giants players asked all the time about divisional rivals and they always go somewhat the same route of discussion, ie we want to beat them, we hate them we, but no player ever goes out of his way to say oh ya i also hate the jets

right, because they get fined if they do

you understand it's a media policy, and that the coaches and players aren't somehow classier or have a higher collective character.....right ?

A rookie safety talking like that is really silly.What the hell has Calvin Pryor done yet? But under Wrecks the Jets are always long on big talk, short on anything that matters. Pryor fits right in.

are you a jets fan??

Why is it brought up to hate the giants.

Rex and his hate is a bit laughable, he has an inferiority complex

Probably something to do with Buddy Ryan. Cardinals when they were in the same division, Philly...its probaby a childhood fandom type of sh#t.

I hate the Giants much more when I live in the NY.  The media bias is kind of sad, or at least it used to be.  Even when you look at the team report cards in the News or Post, the ratings were higher no matter the results.  Overseas or down here, it doesn't bother me that much.  Kind of like the Mets.  I am a Yankee fan, but root for the Mets in the NL.  I end up hating them when I am in New York because of things like people explaining to me that any rational person would take Rey Ordonez over Jeter.  I mean, you just don't understand the value of a great glove at short...

are you a jets fan??

Sadly I am. The day Dad(Rest in peace) brought home those Namath jerseys, along with some trips to Shea.

Groh, Edwards, Mangini, Wrecks-defense first coaches, crappy offenses spare a few dence days by Testaverde and Favre. This is now beyond a trend.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". Albert Einstein

Sadly I am. The day Dad(Rest in peace) brought home those Namath jerseys, along with some trips to Shea.

Groh, Edwards, Mangini, Wrecks-defense first coaches, crappy offenses spare a few dence days by Testaverde and Favre. This is now beyond a trend.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". Albert Einstein

you say it is beyond a trend, and i have to agree, but what is behind the trend? there have been several ownership regimes but for the most part jets offense has been a wasteland. even in our SBIII triumph the real story was our defense.

Exactly.  The Giants aren't our rivals.  It's all manufactured by Rex for reasons unknown.  The Dolphins are our all-time arch-enemy and the Pats have been an arch-enemy for the past decade.  The Giants play in a different division and conference.  The Snoopy Bowl has zero prestige.

The Giants are the Jets rival for the back page of the newspaper!!! The way to dominate that is by winning, so lets hope the Jets do a lot of that this season.

you say it is beyond a trend, and i have to agree, but what is behind the trend? there have been several ownership regimes but for the most part jets offense has been a wasteland. even in our SBIII triumph the real story was our defense.

bad QB's

Offensive head coaches the Jets have had in my lifetime:  Walton, Coslett, Kotite.  Ah... the glory old days!

but but but, offensive head coaches are the only ones to reach the Super Bowl.

////remembers the Packers since that was actually the last time one reached the Super Bowl.

but but but, offensive head coaches are the only ones to reach the Super Bowl.

////remembers the Packers since that was actually the last time one reached the Super Bowl.

I didn't realize former qb harbaugh was a defensive guy

Archived