Thoughts after watching...

CobraVerde

Stephen Hill needs to be traded.

that whole skermish from him was a come on moment. 

Our DBs are garbage. Youre gonna tell me Millner and the rookie werent playing which i am fully aware of and im gonna tell you do you really think they are gonna give us a full season? Im not being a pessimist dont get me wrong im just being real. In todays NFL everyone goes down and if you are prone to going down more than the next guy well youre gonna go down even more now. If these are the back ups forget it. If Dalton doesnt sit the games over by the end of the 2nd.

Powell is our best threat. Leon Washington 2.93828882 but better.

Ivory/Johnson will be grinders. We are gonna live and die by the running game, if that doesnt open up PA...

Nick Folk will be the Jets leading scorer.

That Oline was making time. a lot of holding calls but i think they did better. against the backups.

What would you do? 2nd & 19??

2ndand19.jpg

Seriously just cut Matt Simms already and give him a chance to go somewhere else. Pretty sure hell end up backing up Eli somehow...

Rex is going to use this "win" to be all like we are improving and did great out there. Running game did great. Everything else...?

The Jets 2nd and 3rd units are clearly better then the bengals units. No decker. No ivory. But even without ivory. A combo of cj and Powell looked great.

The penalties are fine to me. Who cares. Guys were protecting their teammates. Love to see that already. It's preseason who really cares about that stuff.

No injuries from the game so that's a huge plus.

Geno unfortunately for many in this forum played very well. The one int was clearly Nelson's fault for turning the wrong way.

The one criticism is the secondary. Pryor looked amazing but rarely played with the first unit. Him instead of Jarrett in the regular season will make a difference.

Obviously Rex was experimenting at CB. Look for changes. He's got two weeks to figure it out.

Geno did play pretty well.

Not sure why you would say cut Simms when it is clear now Boyd was just horrible, bad pick by Dumbosaurus Rex.This years version of Scotty McKnight.

Scary part of last nights game was that the Jets D was supposed to be their calling card this season and  well............you watched.

Holy overreacting to pre-season batman.

We won the game, Geno was 10-13 with 1TD and 1INT, with our best weapon out, and there was no game planning. I came away from that game feeling good. Get Decker in there and let Rex game plan, boom!

The Jets were losing 14-3 when the starters for the Bengals left the game. But that's none of my business.

Rex is experimenting at CB. I don't really understand backlash for that. These games don't even count. Don't blame him for running guys with the 1s that aren't usually there. See what they got to offer. If they show nothing move on. Rex and Idzik were dealt who blows with milliner and mcdougle and Patterson all getting hurt at the same time.

As jet fans if your number 1 2 and 3 CB options get hurt at the same time don't you think if that happened to any other team it's the same thing. for example the cardinals (Peterson and cromartie) get hurt same day in practice. Is the 3 and 4 going to have cause for concern? Obviously.

Instead of crying like babies every three seconds when something goes bad. How about you let things develop and see what comes of everything. No matter what any fan says. They literally have no idea what the heck they are talking about.

SO our dline reading its own press clippings? Richardson and Mo have had awfully quiet camps.

Coples had something like 18 snaps and was invisible. He's going to lose a ton of snaps to Barnes, Babin, and McIntyre this year if the light doesn't go on for him. He shouldn't be playing OLB right now. He's on the ground way too much.

You were right about Winters, btw. He's just not athletic enough to start in the NFL. Maybe he gets one more year in the strength program and we hope that he can develop into the mauler that he thinks he is, but they gotta start looking into starting Aboushi at LG full-time.

Coples had something like 18 snaps and was invisible. He's going to lose a ton of snaps to Barnes, Babin, and McIntyre this year if the light doesn't go on for him. He shouldn't be playing OLB right now. He's on the ground way too much.

You were right about Winters, btw. He's just not athletic enough to start in the NFL. Maybe he gets one more year in the strength program and we hope that he can develop into the mauler that he thinks he is, but they gotta start looking into starting Aboushi at LG full-time.

Coples had a silent but effective night. I was watching him specifically he was blowing up their line at times.

Positives: Amaro and Pryor will be good.

Amaro, like every receiver on this team, is going to struggle to put up numbers, but him and Sudfeld should be on the field together more. They're both huge, can run a little bit, and help the QB out. I'm over the Cumberland experiment. The guy is an injury waiting to happen because he's a 210 pound player in a 250 lb body.

Pryor knows where to be, which is obviously the #1 talent a safety needs to have, especially if they don't have 4.3 speed. The Jets are still going to have problems against the long ball, but Pryor is going to control a lot of action underneath as long as he avoids flags.

Antonio Allen isn't a corner, but he looks like a talented, instinctive dude who will make plays and needs to get a lot of snaps next to Pryor at the expense of Dawan Landry, who is also playing well but isn't going to be here next year.

They're going to have to pay Kerley. If you put him in Edelman's role in New England, he'd go to the Pro Bowl.

TJ Barnes is going to make the team over Kenrick Ellis.

Coples had a silent but effective night. I was watching him specifically he was blowing up their line at times.

He's got some BLT in him in that he'll sacrifice his body on the corner to let someone else make the tackle, but he sticks to blockers on the pass rush like he's got Velcro on his chest.

Amaro, like every receiver on this team, is going to struggle to put up numbers, but him and Sudfeld should be on the field together more. They're both huge, can run a little bit, and help the QB out. I'm over the Cumberland experiment. The guy is an injury waiting to happen because he's a 210 pound player in a 250 lb body.

Pryor knows where to be, which is obviously the #1 talent a safety needs to have, especially if they don't have 4.3 speed. The Jets are still going to have problems against the long ball, but Pryor is going to control a lot of action underneath as long as he avoids flags.

Antonio Allen isn't a corner, but he looks like a talented, instinctive dude who will make plays and needs to get a lot of snaps next to Pryor at the expense of Dawan Landry, who is also playing well but isn't going to be here next year.

They're going to have to pay Kerley. If you put him in Edelman's role in New England, he'd go to the Pro Bowl.

Agreed on all counts.

He's got some BLT in him in that he'll sacrifice his body on the corner to let someone else make the tackle, but he sticks to blockers on the pass rush like he's got Velcro on his chest.

He doesnt have any pass rushing moves....him being on the outside isnt going to work.

This is true.  He hasnt been making plays and I'm not sure if all they're asking him to do is set the edge, right now...but he's doing that very well.  He opens up some big lanes for others to make plays because he destroys people...you just wish you'd see more moves to get off the blocks.

Strength Program ?

Since the Tripper left this team has been riddled with injuries and is no where close to the conditioning we had in 09 and 10 when we used to maul teams in the 4th quarter ramming it down their throats.

Coples is not a LB Coples never will be a LB and he will continue to disappear as long as this DUMB experiment lasts.

Its not just Winters its the entire O-Line The over rated D-Brick gives up way to many sacks and is marginal in the run game This line is not the same line as when we had Woody/Moore destroying the right side and paving the way for our RB's. Mangold is still good but certainly not playing at his previous All=Pro level.

The way this team is being built and coached is poor at best.. Im not talking game planning the Defense here Im talking managing a football team and Rex still has no clue how to do it.

The way I see it this team will wind up one of 2 ways

1 mediocre football team in the 7-9 / 8-8 range

2 the wheels totally fall off Rex has his usual late season melt down and out he goes with Idzik not far behind.

Look for an Ellis trade for a CB.

I understand its the pre-season and as most people say the calls are vanilla but what conerns me is that our 1st unit DL has been contained by the OL of both the Colts and the Bengals. They are not winning their one on one matchups. Plain and simple. This is a unit that most people consider our strength.

Dalton and Luck have had really clean pockets to play with. And with the shape the secondary has been so far its been far too easy for the opposing QB's to shred us apart.

Rex is experimenting at CB. I don't really understand backlash for that. These games don't even count. Don't blame him for running guys with the 1s that aren't usually there. See what they got to offer. If they show nothing move on. Rex and Idzik were dealt who blows with milliner and mcdougle and Patterson all getting hurt at the same time.

As jet fans if your number 1 2 and 3 CB options get hurt at the same time don't you think if that happened to any other team it's the same thing. for example the cardinals (Peterson and cromartie) get hurt same day in practice. Is the 3 and 4 going to have cause for concern? Obviously.

Instead of crying like babies every three seconds when something goes bad. How about you let things develop and see what comes of everything. No matter what any fan says. They literally have no idea what the heck they are talking about.

The backlash is due to the result of the game that was just played. What the hell do you want people not say anything till week 16. You know whats more annoying than people complaining and critiquing this team? People complaining that people are complaing and critiquing this team. What do you think the purpose of this board is??? Youre the baby not because youre crying but because you dont get it.

I understand its the pre-season and as most people say the calls are vanilla but what conerns me is that our 1st unit DL has been contained by the OL of both the Colts and the Bengals. They are not winning their one on one matchups. Plain and simple. This is a unit that most people consider our strength.

Dalton and Luck have had really clean pockets to play with. And with the shape the secondary has been so far its been far too easy for the opposing QB's to shred us apart.

And something else I've noticed:  our all out blitzes on 3rd down get picked up easily and do absolutely nothing but expose our CBs even more.  The 3rd and long against the colts on their first drive was what happened all year last year too.  What good is it to get them in 3rd and long if we're just going to let up a first.  I think Pryor is going to help when he finally gets on the field with the starters.

And something else I've noticed:  our all out blitzes on 3rd down get picked up easily and do absolutely nothing but expose our CBs even more.  The 3rd and long against the colts on their first drive was what happened all year last year too.  What good is it to get them in 3rd and long if we're just going to let up a first.  I think Pryor is going to help when he finally gets on the field with the starters.

Getting torched on blitzes has been standard operating policy for the past 3-4 years.  Other coaches have had Rex figured out for a while and he has done zilch to adapt.  

too much overreaction to a preseason game.    

the Bengals are a much better team than the Jets, period.   in fact, top to bottom they may have the most talented roster in the league.   If you put Aaron Rodgers on that team they are 16-0.  

Right now the Jets are struggling to stop the pass....at all.   It's infuriating because they've used 3 1st and 2 3rd rd picks to try to stop the pass and they still can't.    They also had $20M+ to sign a CB in FA and they passed.   You put Revis and Milliner outside with Patterson in the slot and this is a top 5 defense overnight.   

this team will hopefully be fine during the regular season.   Rex is going to have to adjust and get pressure on the QB w/3 or 4 and drop 7-8.   That's always been the formula to stop Brady so hopefully it works against the rest of the league as well.    If nothing else, the Jets should dare teams to run and just play coverage every down.    

Pryor is going to be a player. Still question the pick, but give him his due. Biggest play of the night was his blitz that led to a turnover. Problem is it was the only time all night Jets got near the QB, and may be Andy Dalton or a real NFL QB sees it and dumps the ball into the 2nd row. And that's a problem; there is no pass rush without some crazy ass blitzes. The front 7 doesn't get there on it's own.

Lose snaps to Babin?  I didn't get to watch this one yet.  Did Babin set the edge on a single running play yet?  He looked horrible in the first game. I would not let him on the field on 3rd and less than 10. 

Getting torched on blitzes has been standard operating policy for the past 3-4 years.  Other coaches have had Rex figured out for a while and he has done zilch to adapt.  

And we have talent on our D line  ..  abundant talent. But the next saddest thing to having a D backfield that's going to give up a ton of yards and points is NOT having a pass rusher that could mask some of that deficiency.

Archived