What would you trade for Carr?

IPBanBadPosters

So, it looks like Oakland's going to out-tank the rest of the league. Now, the conventional wisdom is that they really like Carr and will look to auction off the #1 pick to the highest bidder - but, in the event that they decide to draft Mariota instead (which I view as an increasingly likely possibility), what would you be willing to trade for Carr (if anything), and what do you think Oakland would accept in a trade for him?

Personally, despite him not winning an NFL game to date, I still like him much more than any QB coming out this year not named Mariota, so I'd be willing to trade them our 2nd + Geno (who would serve them as an inexpensive backup).

Thoughts?

So, it looks like Oakland's going to out-tank the rest of the league. Now, the conventional wisdom is that they really like Carr and will look to auction off the #1 pick to the highest bidder - but, in the event that they decide to draft Mariota instead (which I view as an increasingly likely possibility), what would you be willing to trade for Carr (if anything), and what do you think Oakland would accept in a trade for him?

Personally, despite him not winning an NFL game to date, I still like him much more than any QB coming out this year not named Mariota, so I'd be willing to trade them our 2nd + Geno (who would serve them as an inexpensive backup).

Thoughts?

Personally I would do more for a Klondike bar than for David Carr.

Thoughts?

Coples and Bryn Renner

I will give them all my Star Wars guys for him. Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett man.

Boba Fett died falling into the pit of Sarlacc, screaming like a pussy....hes the Kordell Stewart of Bounty Hunters.

As far as Carr is concerned...I like him..Id give a 3rd round pick.

I would trade Geno for him in a straight up deal. That said, it would never happen. Oakland spent too much time in the preseason cataloging his meteoric rise up the depth chart beyond Matt Schaub and into the territory of "OMG you gaiz, if we just get this kid some weapinz he'll be, like, better than Ken Stabler!" Hypothetically speaking, they would want at least a first-rounder for him.

So, no.

That said, would I rather see him in a Jets jersey as opposed to any high-ranked rookie QB we could draft this upcoming off-season? Yes.

LOL I'm surprised by some of the responses in this thread. Oakland's a sh*t team, but that's in spite of Carr, not because of him. I still think he can be a league average QB, which is something better than the Jets have had in a long time.

Carr threw for less than 200 yards on 47 attempts today.

I didn't watch today's game, but of all the games I've seen from him, I still like him more than some of the college QBs like Winston or Cook that some here want us to draft in the first couple rounds.

Thoughts?

I see nothing promising from the kid to be honest.  Not at least on loser teams like the Jets or Raiders.

LOL I'm surprised by some of the responses in this thread. Oakland's a sh*t team, but that's in spite of Carr, not because of him. I still think he can be a league average QB, which is something better than the Jets have had in a long time.

I didn't watch today's game, but of all the games I've seen from him, I still like him more than some of the college QBs like Winston or Cook that some here want us to draft in the first couple rounds.

I'm surprises too...Carr looks like real deal, IMO. Has Geno had a game where he looked as good as Carr looked against SD that one week? Not even close.

Raiders will never get rid of him though.

We should be talking about what FA QB were gonna land cause the QBs in the draft aren't good enough to draft where we are drafting.

Thoughts?

Now why would anyone want Geno at this point ?

Oakland would want the Jets 1st and probably a 3rd this year, and then you can add some more to that list from there.

I would sign Vick, to like a two year deal (if he would buy into the that) draft a QB and let him be the backup and learn the offense under whoever the new coach is.

Hopefully in 2016 the Jets have some you WR's and some fresh blood on the OL that when the new QB takes over sometime during the season that he has a full grasp of the offense and is ready to come out running when he is called upon.

Archived