Jet vs Patriots game thread

Maxman

Sure.

In football, you get 4 downs, which are essentially chances, to gain 10 yards. Once you gain 10 yards, the downs reset and you go back to 1st down. The only time the downs don't reset is if you are within your opponents 10 yard line, in which case barring a penalty you have to put points on the board by the end of 4th down, otherwise you give the ball back to your opponent.

smart ass.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listen, glad we lost, yet like many I get caught up in the moment, hell, it's the Pats after all.

As far a the bad calls by the Refs against us, I know there are always bad calls in every game. The problem I have is, some of the most blatant or confusing calls seems to always happen in these Pats games. More often then not in favor of the Pats and against there opponents, especially against the Jets.

I would also like to add a personal thought, that is I believe that Rex will get another opportunity to be a HC. While I also believe its time for a change I think many here will regret losing Rex when you see what his new team will do with a serviceable QB.

Listen, glad we lost, yet like many I get caught up in the moment, hell, it's the Pats after all.

As far a the bad calls by the Refs against us, I know there are always bad calls in every game. The problem I have is, some of the most blatant or confusing calls seems to always happen in these Pats games. More often then not in favor of the Pats and against there opponents, especially against the Jets.

I would also like to add a personal thought, that is I believe that Rex will get another opportunity to be a HC. While I also believe its time for a change I think many here will regret losing Rex when you see what his new team will do with a serviceable QB.

Yep before Brady how many winning seasons did BB have with the Browns and Pats??

That questionable 4th down call that was given to the Patriots should be the least of our concerns. Given Brady's aptitude for QB sneaks, he was going to give it. The game was lost at several different points, but that was not one of them.

That didn't lose the game, but the opportunity to win was taken away.

Another Rex game where we blow 2 more TOs.

Teams that win in this league pay attention to the little things & are completely in tune with the fundamentals of the game.

Marty runs when he should pass & passes when he should run. He's shown me this year, over & over again why Eagle fans said the guy was exasperating.

I missed the game (stopped watching back in September) but noticed in the box score that our soon-to-be-fired coach had Folk kick a field goal from like the 17 yard line in the 4th quarter.  

Can someone explain why a 3-11 team with nothing to play for, in a game against a div rival - where the FG would still leave them 1 point behind, would even consider kicking one?  Shouldn't basically every 4th down in this game not be a FG situation?

I missed the game (stopped watching back in September) but noticed in the box score that our soon-to-be-fired coach had Folk kick a field goal from like the 17 yard line in the 4th quarter.

Can someone explain why a 3-11 team with nothing to play for, in a game against a div rival - where the FG would still leave them 1 point behind, would even consider kicking one? Shouldn't basically every 4th down in this game not be a FG situation?

"Any drive that ends with a kick is a good drive"

"Herm Edwards"

Teams that win in this league pay attention to the little things & are completely in tune with the fundamentals of the game.

Marty runs when he should pass & passes when he should run. He's shown me this year, over & over again why Eagle fans said the guy was exasperating.

The challenge was a dumb move by Rex. 

Yeah, I'm totally satisfied with this game.

We played a far better NE team very tough. NE doesn't exactly get to hold their heads up high barely beating a 3-win team with no QB and no secondary (not to mention losing their only above-average OLman early in the game). And in the end, the joy of this win would last about an hour maximum. After that, the reality of blowing our draft slot further will have sunk in (if it didn't immediately happen).

Shots at the most often criticized parts of the team (Ryan, Geno, present starting corners) is silly. None are returning in their roles next year and there is no way for some to not criticize any/all regardless of the outcome. If they lost, they suck and rag on them for losing. If they'd won it would be bad and those same people would rag on them for winning.

Really, a 1-point loss should been considered the best-case scenario from before kickoff. Got to see a good game, but didn't further screw up next year for a meaningless win.

Pats fans are all over facebook "TAKE THAT REX" and "SUPERBOWL!!@!@"

That was on Geno. The moron changed the play.

Wanted this game bad - But it is clear the culture of the Jets needs to change. We simply find a way to lose. We outplayed the Patriots but still lost. 

Absolutely dominated the Patriots offensive line - Hit Brady a ton. We outpassed them. We out-ran them. We out-sacked them. 

We did this without Percy Harvin and Nick Mangold for most of the game. 

Geno actually played alot better when Dalton Freeman was the Center.   Wierd.  Maybe it's a mental thing or maybe Dalton is better at making line calls I dunno.

More good news

Cowboys up 21-0 and moving into Colt territory again.

Cowboy win completes the saga known as "Mark Sanchez takes over as QB of the 6-2 Philadelphia Eagles and drags them down to his miserable level and completely out of the playoffs by week 16"

But of course, none of it was Mark's fault...according to the NFL Kenmore report

More good news

Cowboys up 21-0 and moving into Colt territory again.

Cowboy win completes the saga known as "Mark Sanchez takes over as QB of the 6-2 Philadelphia Eagles and drags them down to his miserable level and completely out of the playoffs by week 16"

But of course, none of it was Mark's fault...according to the NFL Kenmore report

Obsessed with marky much

That was a horrible game of football. Jets should have won.

It's how bad teams with crappy coaches lose football games. rex Ryan, king of the making it look good moral victory! But it doesn't count in the standings. Jets dominated the 1st half and AGAIN had nothing to show for it. Once the Pats adjusted their blocking scheme(this half-time adjustment thing is not RR's bag baby) and the Jets AGAIN treated their timeouts like children treat candy the game inevitably went to the Pats. AGAIN.

GOOD F___ING RIDDANCE REX RYAN. AND TAKE IDIZK WITH YOU.  

Geno actually played alot better when Dalton Freeman was the Center. Wierd. Maybe it's a mental thing or maybe Dalton is better at making line calls I dunno.

Maybe the new coach will see that we only need to move Dalton to center, sign Iupati & move Mangold to right guard!

Bam! New Oline!

Man, I know Rex has to go. But a little part of me is going to miss him. Gonna have some pretzel M&M's for ya, big guy.

He will be missed because I think everyone wanted this guy to do well.  I wish him luck as long as he doesn't go to a division rival.

Archived