Rex Has two HC inteviews next week

AFJF

It's not about right and wrong you fat baby. It happens all the time in this world. By creating the threat of a horrible option, the mediocre one becomes more acceptable.

Adding Tebow (horrible option) made sticking with Ssnchez more palatable, for example.

Another thought out post from JN's resident Internet tough guy.

Do you attack everyone who doesn't agree with you?

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course he will get a HC job.........and a raise to boot.

The NYJ are not the only franchise that hires unqualified mopes for the HC position.

Look at all the crappy hires the last few years. He is "right up there" with the worst of them.

I will even take this one step further and say the next Jet HC has a 50-50 shot at being worse than the Bozo the just canned.

Take a bow...on a cold chilly Wednesday, you made me literally LAUGH my FUKKIN ass off alone in my office!!!!

I have no idea who Sarah Marshall is and I don't know what she has to do with this.

Please explain how asking somebody to speak like an adult = thin skin.

Don't mind him. If you have anything positive to say about Rex Ryan he has to resort to personal attacks because he can't come up with legitimate argument.

Oh, and will try and tell you how he's right, you're wrong, and you're an idiot for thinking that way. Then might throw another random jab in thinking he's a big man.

Integrity can't win at life..but he can try on teh message boardz.

I have no idea who Sarah Marshall is and I don't know what she has to do with this.

Please explain how asking somebody to speak like an adult = thin skin.  

It's a movie quote. I've posted alongside you here long enough where I thought even if you didn't get the quote, you'd laugh because we're all fat babies.

Getting bent out of shape and calling a personal attack = thin skin. 

Going back to the original point, interviewing bad candidates to make the one you end up with look better is a PR strategy. I'm sorry if that didn't occur to you, but it is a reality. This has nothing to do with the "right and wrong" stuff you brought up about Rex. I'm sure teams will kick the tires on him, not sure I ever said they wouldn't, but that's not what we were talking about anyway, that's where you shifted things when the original point either couldn't be argued against, or didn't resonate with the things you've accepted as reality.

Another thought out post from JN's resident Internet tough guy.

Do you attack everyone who doesn't agree with you?

I consider myself more of a "tough love guy". I think AirForce is a great poster, he knows that, it's more like a love tap.

I see it's going to be a long time before you let it go, eh?

Don't mind him. If you have anything positive to say about Rex Ryan he has to resort to personal attacks because he can't come up with legitimate argument.

Oh, and will try and tell you how he's right, you're wrong, and you're an idiot for thinking that way. Then might throw another random jab in thinking he's a big man.

Integrity can't win at life..but he can try on teh message boardz.

^^^ enters thread talking about how I "attack" people, by making personal insults about me

LOL, you can't make this kind of dummy up. 

Of course he will get a HC job.........and a raise to boot.

The NYJ are not the only franchise that hires unqualified mopes for the HC position.

Look at all the crappy hires the last few years. He is "right up there" with the worst of them.

I will even take this one step further and say the next Jet HC has a 50-50 shot at being worse than the Bozo the just canned.

This post says it all.

We need to disagree and be reasonable about it-do not call other people names.

No offense faba, but it's a football website and I said "fat baby". I get called much worse, and see much worse, daily. The fact that the term "faggot" can be used here daily as a derogatory insult, but "fat baby" elicits finger wags is sort of shameful.

It basically send the message that calling someone "fat baby" is worse than some forms of bigotry.

Apparently 2 teams are granting courtesy interviews, probably to give them interview practice and to set a low base level so they can see what their good candidates look like in comparison.

Like us requesting to see Tom Cable more or less.

Unless a team is looking for a circus clown with a 1980s defense to offer and who has no clue about offense, ST and player development they are not hiring Coach Andallthatstuff. Coach Itsaprocess probably has a better shot

this is what denial looks like. Rex is getting a HC job. He's the top of the market. 

Honestly, if I was a fan of the Falcons, Rex or Quinn would be my first choice, and with Seattle goes deep, that could make Rex the favorite. I thought it was time for Rex to go, and I don't think you could have forced him on yet another GM, but I can see how Rex will be appealing to other teams.

No offense faba, but it's a football website and I said "fat baby". I get called much worse, and see much worse, daily. The fact that the term "faggot" can be used here daily as a derogatory insult, but "fat baby" elicits finger wags is sort of shameful.

It basically send the message that calling someone "fat baby" is worse than some forms of bigotry.

#notallbabies

This thread keeps getting better.  It is funny watching the anti-Rex people spin this into conspiracy theories.  Double points for the ones that complained that all the pro-Rex people were full of conspiracy theories.

For the record, I think the odds are still less than 50-50 that Rex takes another head job this year.  The money/position has to be right to beat TV+Jets money.  I hope he gets the Atlanta job, I don't hate them and I will be very interested to see how he fills out the rest of his coaching staff.   

rex is a million times better at his job than idzik, not a surprise he is getting interest while idzik is sitting at home drinking today.

rex would be a great coach for a team that has most of the offensive pieces in place and needs defensive help. i know atlanta is thrown around a lot and may be a good fit. they need help in the running game and with the Oline, the two areas on offense that rex has at least shown a little interest in.

Getting back on track, I hope Rex does get a job and does well. Hopefully he has learned his lessons in his time in New York. He'll find a competent Offensive Coordinator, a decent QB and put a run at it. I wish him well, I have no ill will towards him.

But, he can't get out of his own way either. He's a good coach, but he doesn't put it all together to take the next step to be a great coach. He bravado and pride won't allow him to do it. And that's unfortunate.

Just so we're all clear in advance: if Rex doesn't get either of these jobs, it's because he turned them down, right?

And just so we're clear, in case he *does* get a job, it's only because the owner fell in love with his personality, it was against the advice of the football people, and that franchise is pathetic anyway, right?

Also, for all of you who thought that Idzik was fine, and Ryan was the problem, how many "pity" interviews is Idzik getting?  I guess he's such a good candidate, no one wants to interview him, because it would make for a tough decisions?  You know, PR and all that.  You wouldn't understand, you're so naive.

It totally is a double-standard that for 6 years people excused Rex from any fault for adding the wrong players, and now the narrative is "when Rex adds a this or that" he'll win forever.

Where did I even hint at any of this?  What I said is: ATL is a 6-10 team as it now stands and has a ready-made, capable offense already in place.  Rex's ability to field a top notch D will be the difference between 6 wins and a winning record.   It's about Rex's strengths and a situation that does not require anything of him other than to play to those strengths.  The difference in set and setting makes the difference in this case.  Also, where did you get "he'll win forever"?  Try to keep the wheels on the road.

This thread keeps getting better.  It is funny watching the anti-Rex people spin this into conspiracy theories.  Double points for the ones that complained that all the pro-Rex people were full of conspiracy theories.

For the record, I think the odds are still less than 50-50 that Rex takes another head job this year.  The money/position has to be right to beat TV+Jets money.  I hope he gets the Atlanta job, I don't hate them and I will be very interested to see how he fills out the rest of his coaching staff.   

I can only speak on my own behalf, but I'm not talking about conspiracy theories. I fully expect Rex to get interviews, his time here was tumultuous, but he at least earned interviews. All I've been saying is that a lot of teams do use bad candidates for PR purposes, which given that Rex is coming off of a 4-win season, could be the case with him. It's got nothing to do with having a bias, tbh, just a simple bit of advocacy for other motives that might be at play.

Personally, I think the Jets are doing the exact same thing by including guys like Cable on the interview "list". Jet fans see Cable, think Rex-clone, cringe and then welcome whoever the hire is with more acceptance, something along the lines of "Well, we hired another first-time HC, but at least we didn't hire Cable."

And just so we're clear, in case he *does* get a job, it's only because the owner fell in love with his personality, it was against the advice of the football people, and that franchise is pathetic anyway, right?

Also, for all of you who thought that Idzik was fine, and Ryan was the problem, how many "pity" interviews is Idzik getting?  I guess he's such a good candidate, no one wants to interview him, because it would make for a tough decisions?  You know, PR and all that.  You wouldn't understand, you're so naive.

lol, wow

Where did I even hint at any of this?  What I said is: ATL is a 6-10 team as it now stands and has a ready-made, capable offense already in place.  Rex's ability to field a top notch D will be the difference between 6 wins and a winning record.   It's about Rex's strengths and a situation that does not require anything of him other than to play to those strengths.  The difference in set and setting makes the difference in this case.  Also, where did you get "he'll win forever"?  Try to keep the wheels on the road.

In my initial response to you, I believe I said that I wasn't attacking your post specifically, but the aspects that share an undertone with the bigger narrative that has emerged since Monday.

Archived