Dolphins to hand control of football operations to Mike Tannenbaum

dbatesman

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't find this funny at all. He was light years better than idZik. Hell Id rather we kept Mike T and never hired the ninja

He put us in Cap Hell. Gave Sanchez and Holmes ridiculous contracts. And he traded for Tebow.

F 'em both.

Tanny's roster got us to 2 AFCC games, not Rex's. It's amazing how those 2 playoff runs matter so much when defending Rex, in the context of "he was the best we've had in our lifetime and gave us the best Jets football we've seen since Parcells", but for Tanny it's always about the handful of bad moves.

Don't get me wrong, I'm comparing poop to feces here, but the hypocrisy of lauding Rex for those playoff runs and not Tanny is about the most biased nonsense I've seen from our fans. Tanny effed up a lot, but he went all-in to get us a ring. Rex effed up just as much, and failed to deliver the ring that he said he'd get. Only one of them got fired, when both of their failures led us into the toilet and amazingly in keeping Rex we stayed in the toilet 2 more years.

Best Jets coach eva!

Tanny's roster got us to 2 AFCC games, not Rex's. It's amazing how those 2 playoff runs matter so much when defending Rex, in the context of "he was the best we've had in our lifetime and gave us the best Jets football we've seen since Parcells", but for Tanny it's always about the handful of bad moves.

Don't get me wrong, I'm comparing poop to feces here, but the hypocrisy of lauding Rex for those playoff runs and not Tanny is about the most biased nonsense I've seen from our fans. Tanny effed up a lot, but he went all-in to get us a ring. Rex effed up just as much, and failed to deliver the ring that he said he'd get. Only one of them got fired, when both of their failures led us into the toilet and amazingly in keeping Rex we stayed in the toilet 2 more years.

Best Jets coach eva!

Is Walt 'happy Hour' Michaels still alive.. We did OK and he was full of piss and vinegar :)

Oh, and **** the mother****ing Dolphags. Seriously, Tanny might be the perfect person to put between Ross and personnel decisions, because he's good at placating and owner, but he's ultimately going to drive them into the ground if he gets involved in contracts and talent acquisition. 

lol...

but better then idzik

Nope.  Both were equally bad.  Tannenbaum was terrible at building up for the future opting for a small window of success without a veteran QB to hand the reins to.  Idzik was only good at tearing down his mess.  Neither could draft. 

Nope.  Both were equally bad.  Tannenbaum was terrible at building up for the future opting for a small window of success without a veteran QB to hand the reins to.  Idzik was only good at tearing down his mess.  Neither could draft. 

Tanny put together enough talent to get us into the playoffs.. Idzik kept enough cash in the bank to earn Woody another million or so

Oh, and **** the mother****ing Dolphags. Seriously, Tanny might be the perfect person to put between Ross and personnel decisions, because he's good at placating and owner, but he's ultimately going to drive them into the ground if he gets involved in contracts and talent acquisition. 

Haha.  He's a good GM.  You know, not at contracts and talent acquisition, but at stroking egos.  That's the GM's job right?

Tanny put together enough talent to get us into the playoffs.. Idzik kept enough cash in the bank to earn Woody another million or so

A short-sighted approach that caused us to end up stuck with Rex for too long and put us in bad enough shape to have to hire a John Idzik in the first place.  The man handed a contract extension to Mark Sanchez for pete's sake.  Let's not go all revisionist here and pretend Tannenbaum was a decent GM because he landed Antonio Cromartie that one time.  The man placated his Head Coach time and time again (Plaxico Burress and Derrick Mason were Rex's ideas) because he didn't have enough football smarts to make better decisions.

Haha.  He's a good GM.  You know, not at contracts and talent acquisition, but at stroking egos.  That's the GM's job right?

He wasn't hired as GM, if they let the GM being the GM and Tanny's job is just to keep the owner out of the football business, while making the owner feel valued as an influence on the football side of things, he'll do that job well. 

He wasn't hired as GM, if they let the GM being the GM and Tanny's job is just to keep the owner out of the football business, while making the owner feel valued as an influence on the football side of things, he'll do that job well. 

Agreed.  World's most expensive mediator. 

Best Jets coach eva!

Poop to feces that delivered couple of deep playoff runs. I bet you were doing cartwheels when Woody hired Idzik. 

Poop to feces that delivered couple of deep playoff runs. I bet you were doing cartwheels when Woody hired Idzik. 

Bold = thank you for telling me the point I just made.

When we hired Idzik I was 1.) still pissed we didn't clean house, 2.) concerned that we didn't get our first choice because whoever we hired had to be willing to keep Rex, and 3.) willing to give him the benefit of the doubt given that at the time I thought there was nowhere to go but up. Year 1 of Rex/Idzik was fine. It was just this past year that made it clear both men were in jobs they shouldn't be in.

Archived