**** The Official Rex Ryan thread ****

Integrity28

Simple answer

Rex sucked

Here for his entire losing tenure

And next in Buffalo

He is a great con man and snake oil salesman though. I admit I thought the Emperor was not naked too.

But most Jet fans saw through the con game by his third year, some like me took until late 2013. I guess there are still a few drinking the Kool Aid and blaming everything and everyone but Rex for 4-12 and in the NFL toilet

I don't feel bad for them. They will come around when they see his "bullies" drop from 9-7 to under .500 in 2015

Who do I feel bad for? Bills fans

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chip Kelly couldn't get the Vet Sanchez to make the playoffs with a good team at least Rex got them farther in those first 2 years 09-10.. Just for the record I'm happy with the new hires Bowles and Mac and can't wait for the Draft in May?? Rex should have gone with Tanny we wasted 2 years with him and Idzik.. :bash:

They went 10-6, easily a record that could have gotten them into the playoffs. The whole "Chip Kelly couldn't get Sanchez into the playoffs, so Rex did and is a better coach" logic is broken. Rex backed into the playoffs his first year, with a 9-7 record. Worse record than Chip, and same record as Mangini the year before. The only season under Rex that was special was his 2nd season. We won 11 games, beat the Pats at home, but they couldn't close. The Pitt game marked the beginning of the end. We bled out slowly.

I agree, the past 2 years have been a complete waste of time and a huge setback.

It is your opinion that Rex was the one that made all the moves that subsequently disassembles the 09-10 team.  Rex was not the GM, especially the last two.  All I know is that Rex took a mediocre team to the AFCC with a rookie QB throwing for 12 TD and 20 INT. It requires some strategy as a coach to accomplish that feat, no?

Beating Cincy on the road and them to beat the Chargers, a much superior team in their home turf require a tremendous game plan. The following year, Rex, beat the Pats and Colts, which have been the two best teams over the past decade.  You really think that anybody could have beaten them.  It does not require great coaching.  Oh he just beat them by showing up?

Sanchez kept doing the same thing over and over and the positional players were not replaced. Last year, ESPN had the Jets dead last base on their roster and they surprised everybody with 8 wins.   As you know the last GM was more preoccupied about his future coach than getting this team quality player.  

I can't even take you seriously. Sorry.

Savage defends Rex like you'd defend your buddy that has four DUIs. "Yeah, he's a mess who should be in jail for the rest of his life and I wouldn't trust him with any of my possessions, but he's my boy!"

Savage strikes me as someone that like's Rex just enough to troll the other side of logic about him, but it's clear he gets it.

Savage defends Rex like you'd defend your buddy that has four DUIs. "Yeah, he's a mess who should be in jail for the rest of his life and I wouldn't trust him with any of my possessions, but he's my boy!"

Savage was probably playing footsies with Michelle the last 6 years the way he has defended Wrecks.

Even your emoticon usage is illogical. At least you're consistent. derp.gif

Beating Cincy on the road and them to beat the Chargers, a much superior team in their home turf require a tremendous game plan. The following year, Rex, beat the Pats and Colts, which have been the two best teams over the past decade.  You really think that anybody could have beaten them.  It does not require great coaching.  Oh he just beat them by showing up?

:Banane43:

Beating Cincy on the road and them to beat the Chargers, a much superior team in their home turf require a tremendous game plan. :

The only "game plan" that allowed that to happen was when the Colts and Bengals sat all their starters in weeks 16 and 17.

That doesn't happen, Wrecks finishes the season at 8-8 and once again, misses the playoffs.

The only "game plan" that allowed that to happen was when the Colts and Bengals sat all their starters in weeks 16 and 17.

That doesn't happen, Wrecks finishes the season at 8-8 and once again, misses the playoffs.

That's also how the Bills got to 9-7 this year..

You left out kaeding missing 5 field goals in the charger game too. That was all rex

If we had a decent corner and WR,we probably wins 10-12 games this past season.  We can play the what if game all day long. 

In other news your boy Bellicheat was out-coached in the playoff in his home turf.  It was a masterful game plan by Rex. 

The referees actually do their job and say Brady fumbles in the snow versus the raiders the pats don't win the 2001 super bowl

Archived