Do you view Jets 2015 as a.............

SouthernJet

If Geno plays all year like he did the last five games of this season, then they'll be in playoff contention. Rex leaving is +2 wins on its own. If Geno can find a way  to not be a f*cktard, then they can win 9 or 10 games. Of course, this is also true of every team in the league.

Can't coach away suck, and he sucks.

Thank god there is a coach with a clue now that will, in no way go into camp with Geno not having to beat out one, if not two guys better then him.

Geno's time is done. You can try to come up with reasons he is not but when two other QBs are brought in you will see Bowles agrees.

So they'll bring in guys to compete with him, he will be allowed to compete, but he's done? Hmk.

With all the cap money we have we should be able to sign at the very least 3-4 immediate impact free agents along with signing our core guys who are free agents and a decent draft we will be ok.

Fair enough. But still, Geno is a brutal QB. That's why I'm thinking 8-8. Maybe 9-7 if we get lucky with a Kurt Cousins type or something.

- Year when we rebuild, no playoff hopes,  with new playbooks on both Offense and Defense

- Year where we make a push for playoffs even though we have new playbooks

- Year where, we meld old system w/new system to match talent and we make a legit Playoff run?

Any other thoughts/comments/observations? Thanks......... (hopefully this thread is deemed 'sponge worthy' ;)

Playoffs.

It'll be a year where Bowles is going to have to pick some weeds and install his own culture. The team has been on vacation for six years as it relates to discipline. 

I think my favorite line of the Bowles welcoming press conference was when he said "We're going to install our own culture, not that there was anything wrong with the previous culture, but it wasn't winning.

Can't coach away suck, and he sucks. 

Thank god there is a coach with a clue now that will, in no way go into camp with Geno not having to beat out one, if not two guys better then him.

Geno's time is done.      You can try to come up with reasons he is not but when two other QBs are brought in you will see Bowles agrees. 

Well he just finished his second year. He came out as a raw QB that everyone said would need time to develop. He will be on the roster this year and he will have a chance at being the starter. Do I think he is the answer? I'm leaning towards no, but some players take time to develop. Particularly a young raw qb on a team with a now gone HC that essentially saw the offense as a nuisance. This will be Geno's make or break year. I'm hoping he makes it because that would be great for the Jets. Also there isn't anyone at QB really available other than the draft which a lot of people aren't to high on anyway. The FA QBs are castoffs who's teams have already given up on them.

- Year when we rebuild, no playoff hopes,  with new playbooks on both Offense and Defense

- Year where, we meld old system w/new system to match talent and we make a legit Playoff run?

Any other thoughts/comments/observations? Thanks......... (hopefully this thread is deemed 'sponge worthy' ;)

A year we laugh how bad the team is and want everyone fired.

If Geno plays all year like he did the last five games of this season, then they'll be in playoff contention. Rex leaving is +2 wins on its own. If Geno can find a way  to not be a f*cktard, then they can win 9 or 10 games. Of course, this is also true of every team in the league.

Geno's last 2 seasons he had a 'very nice last 4-5 games'..

issue in 2013/2014 was last 4-5 games we played 'for most part' poor teams who didnt give a crap cause they were out (2013) of it  or we were out of it and zero pressure was on him (2014).

At some point, being ONLY good in last 4-5 games of seasons isnt gonna float. We need great play weeks 1 through 10 (when pressure is on and teams are playing hard against us) so we are in playoff contention and possible home field advantage.

If we're not in the playoffs making a push for the Lombardi, then it is by default a rebuilding year.

Any fan that accepts the sales pitch of a lost year, before it begins, is a sucker. "Rebuilding" is a marketing ploy.

With the cap space, draft position and new coaching/personnel we've added, there's zero excuse for talking about rebuilding once the season starts. Rebuild in the summer. Start winning in the Fall.

That's nice to say but is it realistic?

I think with the cap space - the Jets could put a legitimate product on the field that can get in the playoffs, get hot at the right time and you never know...

EXCEPT - they don't have QB.  In order to call this team a legitimate playoff contender they're going to have to trade for a QB (there aren't any legit FA's) Those are all long shots - hopefully Mac won't leave any stone unturned.

as long as Geno is the starter they are going nowhere.

Draft a rookie ,sign a  free agent,  promote Simms, they have to do something different at QB. Watching Smith crap the bed for 14 games and pretending 2 decent December games against teams that have already quit is nonsense. Smith cannot be handed anything. Who ever plays best in camp and preseason gets the job, period. And it won't be Smith; he's awful and he's stupid. And there is no cure for stupid. This franchise owe no player anything. Earn your spot or be gone. 

That's nice to say but is it realistic?

I think with the cap space - the Jets could put a legitimate product on the field that can get in the playoffs, get hot at the right time and you never know...

EXCEPT - they don't have QB.  In order to call this team a legitimate playoff contender they're going to have to trade for a QB (there aren't any legit FA's) Those are all long shots - hopefully Mac won't leave any stone unturned.

NO team comes into a season with plans to bottom out. They come in hopeful they did enough to improve during the off-season, and that somethings go their way, and that they can capture lightning in a bottle. 

When it becomes evident that none of things are panning out - then it gets spun and embraced as a "rebuilding" year. Teams do what they can in every off-season to rebuild. No team intentionally makes "rebuilding" part of the season once it starts. It's just how they package up a lost season with marketing positivity. 

With our cap space and a good draft we could assemble enough players, with the one exception, and the most important exception, being QB.  Tell me we have a decent QB, and we could at least have a shot at a run.   You do not have to have a perfect roster to make the playoffs.

# 3

We were actually close last year despite 4-12.  Gave Brady and the Pats their 2 closest games.

A combination of melding and having Geno eat more brain-boosting foods like beets and anchovies and we might make a run.

If Bowles can instill discipline and accountability he will have taken a leap forward. If he can get anything out of Geno Smith he will have taken a HUGE leap forward. I am sure he will coach up the defense and add the necessary pieces to make it work, but the offense is where games are lost (usually not won) and that needs to change for the Jets to become contenders.

I love you all as fellow jets fans but anyone who seriously believes this roster is going to the playoffs in 2015 is ******* delusional. 

Too many holes. I see at least eight or nine players being cut for lack of production / underachievement starting with Kyle Wilson and including, Darrin Walls, Willie Colon, Jason Babin, Calvin Pace, Michael Vick and Chris Johnson to name a few.

that is actually good way to sum up Rex's regime.

Much like they did under Rich Kotite, they played 'hawd' not smart. Too many crushing penalties at the exact wrong time, too many wasted challenges and time outs and not good enough adjustments. All those things now reside in Buffalo with Rex.

Too many holes. I see at least eight or nine players being cut for lack of production / underachievement starting with Kyle Wilson and including, Darrin Walls, Willie Colon, Jason Babin, Calvin Pace, Michael Vick and Chris Johnson to name a few.

Why do you think Walls will be released?

Given the circumstances in the Jets secondary last year, I thought Walls played pretty good.

I love you all as fellow jets fans but anyone who seriously believes this roster is going to the playoffs in 2015 is ******* delusional. 

This.

First year head coach, first timer GM - holes all over the roster except for the DLine - yea, I've seen this movie before...

What were you guys watching last year?

We lost to the Super Bowl champs twice by a combined 3 points. If u don't think the Pats & Brady get up for the Jets your not an NFL fan. We got blown out twice by the Bills where their D line abused us, every other game for the most part was winnable.

If we pick up the right FAs corner backs guys like Walls & Williams who now have some experience flourish in reduced roles.

Adding speed at LB will one of the the most important things that Bowles & the GM work on.

I'm gonna say right now that Davis will be a star if he gets some help. While I love what Harris has done for the Jets the fact of the matter is he's done.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets sign a LB in FA & draft another in the 2nd round of the draft.

Parity rules in the NFL.

I know many people disagree with this but I would love to have Marriota drop to 6th & find out that Chip Kelly wants him to run his offense. I would LOVE to trade for Nick Foles. His best asset is his accuracy. He was successful in 2 completely different offenses in Philly. He's good at getting the ball out quickly & that works in Gaileys spread offense.

Ok, start killing me, lol.

I think we'll be able to make a strong push at a playoff spot without knowing who we'll sign yet or draft due to the amount of cap space we will spend plus our high picks.

Of course if McCagnan blows then all bets are off, but with his scouting background I'm hoping he can find some players both via draft and FA.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Archived