Marcellus Wiley, ESPN analyst, former NFL player says Patriots dynasty deserves an asterisk

Rexorcism

So, do you respect the Broncos who blatantly circumvented the salary cap to keep Elway and Davis to win Super Bowls?

Or what about the Dolphins who did not cover the field during a monsoon?

what, are we allowed only one team to select as "cheaters"?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, do you respect the Broncos who blatantly circumvented the salary cap to keep Elway and Davis to win Super Bowls?

Never heard about the Broncos one but of course we hate Shula's BS in '82 but he never won a Super Bowl after that.

No and No

Ask any old Jets fan like myself and they still get riled up over all the sh!t Shula used to pull. I found it quite funny when he was calling Belichick Belitcheat.

Ironic thing was the following year 1983 it again rained in Miami but this time with Marino at QB Shula made damn sure there was a tarp on the field.

F Shula

Never heard about the Broncos one but of course we hate Shula's BS in '82 but he never won a Super Bowl after that.

Broncos Penalized Again for Salary Cap Violations

By Mark Maske

Washington Post Staff Writer

Friday, September 17, 2004; 5:37 PM

The penalties imposed Thursday on the Denver Broncos for violations of the league's rules regarding the disclosure of deferred compensation to players and the salary cap were the second sanctions against the team for similar infractions in less than three years.

In December 2001, the Broncos were fined $968,000 and lost a third-round pick in the 2002 draft for violations reportedly relating to $29 million in deferred payments to quarterback John Elway and running back Terrell Davis.

On Thursday, the league announced that the Broncos have been fined $950,000 and will lose a third-round selection in next year's draft for circumventing the salary cap between 1996 and '98. The penalties were set in an agreement between the league, the Players Association and the Broncos and resolve a case against the team brought before the sport's special master by the NFL's Management Council in January 2003, the league announced.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28969-2004Sep17.html

Isn't it revealing that other teams players and former players criticize the Pats - not just Jet fans.

It's also amazing that the fans of cheaters remember every violation from every other team. Throw enough smoke, people might forget that the Pats are habitual offenders.

Isn't it revealing that other teams players and former players criticize the Pats - not just Jet fans.

And those are the ones that are going to sting the most.

The Pats don't care what faba, Shawn306, or Thor has to say. I mean lets be honest we are all haters and in most cases proud of it.

But when it guys like Aikman, Shula, Marcellius Wiley, Kurt Warner, Mashall Faulk peers to these guys it has to bother them to no end.

Tom Brady is tied for second all time with four Super Bowl rings, but the only man with more -- Charles Haley -- believes that the New England Patriots quarterback had to "cheat" to get his.

When your integrity is challenged in the game of football, to me, all his Super Bowls are tainted. ... It's going to come back to haunt him one day.

- Charles Haley, Hall of Famer,

on Tom Brady's four Super Bowl rings

When asked to choose between Brady and Joe Montana, with whom Haley won two Super Bowls with the San Francisco 49ers, Haley didn't hesitate.

"Joe didn't have to cheat," Haley told the Talk of Fame Network. "I've lost all respect [for Brady]. When your integrity is challenged in the game of football, to me, all his Super Bowls are tainted.

"You have to say this just didn't happen overnight. Who wants that shadow over them? I could be wrong. But I realize there were 12 balls deflated and 12 ain't. Then you've got [Patriots coach Bill] Belichick coming on three different times trying to explain it. ... You know something is wrong."

Haley, who won three more Super Bowl rings with the Dallas Cowboys and was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame last week, was in Arizona for Super Bowl XLIX as Brady tied Montana with his fourth title as the Patriots beat the Seattle Seahawks 28-24.

But the stigma of "Deflategate" has Haley believing otherwise about Brady's legacy.

{C}

"This is what Charles Haley believes -- it's going to come back to haunt him one day," Haley said. "If the league doesn't come down on this guy. ... Everybody is talking about it. Nobody believes it was by accident. It is what it is.

"I'm not going to take any of his Super Bowl rings away from him. But it's sad that it has to be tainted like it is right now. Hopefully they'll come out and let us know what really happened. Then all the mystery is gone."

The league said Jan. 23 that evidence shows the Patriots used underinflated footballs in a 45-7 victory over Indianapolis that gave them the AFC championship. The NFL said before the Super Bowl that it is still investigating but has no conclusions and no timetable for resolving the cheating accusations.

Haley will be enshrined in the Hall of Fame in August along with the rest of the Class of 2015, which includes Junior Seau, Jerome Bettis, Tim Brown, Will Shields, Mick Tingelhoff, Bill Polian and Ron Wolf.

This is all I hear or see when I hear about how unfair the Pats are:

baby-crying-011.jpg

My main man, Jesus, once said that the first muhfcka wit no sin gets to cast the first stone.

BEAT them, ya cunts.

The problem is that they will jam our headsets right before the pivotal play of the game.

People don't hate the 49ers for all their titles. infact they are revered for their success. Nor do people hate any other team for their success. But those very same people want to put an asterisk on the Pats titles. Why would that be ?

Why doesn't anyone care about the 49ers cheating the salary cap?

Lets pick someone other than Charles Haley to go to for integrity.......

Charges

#1 FRAUDULENT USE OF CREDIT CARDS / MORE THAN 2 TIMES IN 6 MOS OR $100 OR MORE

STATUTE: 832.05(4)(A)

BOND: $15003

#2 GIVING WORTHLSS CHECKS/DRAFTS/DEBIT CARD ORDERS TO ANOTHER / < $150

STATUTE: 832.05(4)(A) ( F)

#3 GIVING WORTHLSS CHECKS/DRAFTS/DEBIT CARD ORDERS TO ANOTHER / < $150

STATUTE: 832.05(4)(A) ( M)

#4 OBTAIN PROP/SERV FOR WORTHLESS CHECKS,DRAFTS,DEBIT CARD ORDERS / < $150

#5 OBTAIN PROP/SERV FOR WORTHLESS CHECKS,DRAFTS,DEBIT CARD ORDERS / < $150

#1 OUT-OF-STATE-FUG

STATUTE: 941.02 (N N)

BOND: $10000

#2 OUT-OF-STATE-FUG

STATUTE: 941.02 (N N)

BOND: $10000

Agreed that they would be hated for their success regardless. The cheating makes people extra bitter though. Makes Pats fans extra obnoxious too. 

I'm a Yankee fan. I get that some people hate them because they the most successful franchise in sports history. That said, I also get when the word "cheaters" comes out in re to the steroid issues with some Yankees. Hell, I get it when Pineda got nailed with the pine tar on his neck, he was cheating. And none of it was OK. 

But you see what I did there? I admitted players on my team cheated. Try it out Pats fans. You'll feel better than after a confession with Father O'Malley while shoveling come clams in your pie holes. 

I'm a Yankee fan. I get that some people hate them because they the most successful franchise in sports history. That said, I also get when the word "cheaters" comes out in re to the steroid issues with some Yankees. Hell, I get it when Pineda got nailed with the pine tar on his neck, he was cheating. And none of it was OK. 

But you see what I did there? I admitted players on my team cheated. Try it out Pats fans. You'll feel better than after a confession with Father O'Malley while shoveling come clams in your pie holes. 

The pats were guilty in "spygate" when has it ever been in question. BB admitted to it the next day. patriot fans like myself found the punishment way overboard. If they taped the signals from 25 yards further away there would have been no issue. Plus the league or no one else has ever produced a reason why taping from the sideline vs somewhere else in the stadium gave the pats an advantage.

Also a lot of the discourse was that the pats were caught stealing signals like there was a rule against stealing signals!

you admitting the yankee had pine tar on his neck or a guy was caught with PED and admitted is is not the same as asking a patriot fan to admit they intentionally deflated a football where they have been many studies showing that it could have occurred by atmospheric conditions even Jet fan in RI  believed it could have occured.  

FOH here w this b.s. the same group of posters w the same gripe. How long ago was spy gate? I swear some jets fans only pay attention to what they wanna pay attention to.

All of sudden pats Fans haven't admitted they cheated, who by now hadn't fault the pats for spygate? And if every pat fan came in here and blamed the pats for spygate, the same group of jet fans will still be b*tching about it. 

07 proved they didnt need cameras to beat 18 straight nfl teams in a row.

the 2nd half of the AFC championship and all of the superbowl showed they dont need alter balls to beat you either.(still nothing has been proven too)

they won, they are the best, they are better than your franchise(ever nfl franchise). get over it and move on now.

#obsess

i bet the same group of jet posters made sure they watched the pats parade on t.v. they love the patriots so much. 

The pats were guilty in "spygate" when has it ever been in question. BB admitted to it the next day. patriot fans like myself found the punishment way overboard. If they taped the signals from 25 yards further away there would have been no issue. Plus the league or no one else has ever produced a reason why taping from the sideline vs somewhere else in the stadium gave the pats an advantage.

Also a lot of the discourse was that the pats were caught stealing signals like there was a rule against stealing signals!

you admitting the yankee had pine tar on his neck or a guy was caught with PED and admitted is is not the same as asking a patriot fan to admit they intentionally deflated a football where they have been many studies showing that it could have occurred by atmospheric conditions even Jet fan in RI  believed it could have occured.

You're right. The climate on the Indy sideline was very different. 78 and sunny.

Come on dude, you're halfway there. You can do it!!!

You're right. The climate on the Indy sideline was very different. 78 and sunny.

Come on dude, you're halfway there. You can do it!!!

I have yet to hear someone claim that both the Pats' and Indy's balls started the game at the exact same pressure, have you? So how can you know that they both DIDN'T lose the same amount of pressure?

Or when the nfl docked denver a draft pick for paying Elway under the table. 

So just because Denver cheated on the salary cap what, 17 or 18 years ago that justifies more than a decade worth of cheating by the Patriots?  Really? That is your message here?

Archived