Chris Johnson trashes John Idzik

joewilly12

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm done bashing someone not here anymore. Who cares. Idzik for what it's worth doesn't line up. People who make excuses like this only hurt themselves in the long run.

Yeah but he's the rich kotite of nfl gm's. The guy looked at our secondary which couldn't stop Alabama with $20 mil in cap room and said "looks good to me."

It was the model that was stupid. If Woody was so enamored with Rex, he should've put him in charge of everything, and let him hire a personnel guy to work under him (a la Chip Kelly's gig). Keeping Rex, and hiring a new GM to be his boss was just a terrible dynamic from the start.

You remember that scene in Hannibal when Gary Oldman thinks he has Lecter right where he wants him and is about to feed him to the wild boars, but then Lecter convinces his butler to throw Oldman in the pen instead? I feel like that's kinda what this scenario would have resembled.

So 4.3 ypc and 800 yards from LOS as a backup is crap

Maybe not if you're just looking at just stats, but if you watched the games, he often had his few big runs on big holes and would go straight down on any contact.  Johnson also had the benefit of running on passing downs.

9 games at 3.4 or worse, too.  He wasn't exactly a model of consistency.

Maybe not if you're just looking at just stats, but if you watched the games, he often had his few big runs on big holes and would go straight down on any contact. Johnson also had the benefit of running on passing downs.

9 games at 3.4 or worse, too. He wasn't exactly a model of consistency.

Hey man if I'm gonna nitpick stats like you I can take Brady's week 1 performance versus Miami and his stats facing KC and say he's washed up and sucks. Can I pretty please!?

Agree

At this point in their careers Powell is a more valuable player then Johnson.  They tried way to hard to force the ball to Johnson.  Can't imagine why he is crying.  he got way more touches then his performance called  for

I agree, but in fairness early in the season it looked like CJ got sent into the interior line mostly.  He looked like crap running those plays, but he should have been sent outside more.  Regardless, when Powell came in it was like a breath of fresh air.

Where exactly is he "trashing" Idzik? He's just pointing out what everyone knew already. That rat face had too much power and was too involved in who played, what the DC is supposed to look like and so on. He's not a coach, this isn't his business, so I'm glad we got rid of the rat. That said, we should thank him for keeping Rex from handing the ball to CJ 30 times per game.

Where exactly is he "trashing" Idzik? He's just pointing out what everyone knew already. That rat face had too much power and was too involved in who played, what the DC is supposed to look like and so on. He's not a coach, this isn't his business, so I'm glad we got rid of the rat. That said, we should thank him for keeping Rex from handing the ball to CJ 30 times per game.

It was his opinion that Rex's hands were tied. No proof that Idzik controlled gameday playcalling. I find it hard to believe that Ryan would cower to any GM about how to call a game.

If it wasn't obvious before who Mehta was carrying the water for last season, Johnson's quotes make it pretty clear that Rex was telling anyone who'd listen how everything was Idzik's fault.

otherwise known as the truth

Archived