TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Started watching Peaky Blinders this week. It's a little reminiscent of the "one-mess-after-another that only the main character can fix" approach to Sons of Anarchy, but I enjoy it quite a bit more than that show. Need to watch it with volume turned up to about 70 (when 15-20 is normal) just to understand it.

I finished all the seasons and its one of my favorites. Takes about 6 episodes and you learn to understand what they say. LOL

• Upvote 1

"Roadies" has gotten better every week. Different angle on the music business that "Vinyl".  Doesn't pretend everyone is a complete devil nor a saint. Ron White/PHil's Skynrd flashback story was one of the most fun things you'll see within a series; kinda what "Vinyl" should have been doing. And a subplot of David Spade as a superstar of a cable show called "Dead Sex".  

"Sex and Drugs and Rock N Roll" is nice half hour of giggles. 

Do the networks have to put all the good stuff on Sunday night? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2016 at 4:10 PM, Integrity28 said:

Started watching Peaky Blinders this week. It's a little reminiscent of the "one-mess-after-another that only the main character can fix" approach to Sons of Anarchy, but I enjoy it quite a bit more than that show. Need to watch it with volume turned up to about 70 (when 15-20 is normal) just to understand it.

I turned on the subtitles.

15 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Westworld is great. There was a nice little homage to Yul Brenner in a passing scene where they showed what was clearly an older version of his robot. And they make a mention of an incident that happened 30 years prior, I wonder if they are referring to the original movie.

I'm a big fan of Evan Rachel Wood, both as an actress and in the looks department.  How is she in the series?

I remember going to see the original flick.  Haven't seen it a quite some time.  Wonder if it still holds up.  

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

I'm a big fan of Evan Rachel Wood, both as an actress and in the looks department.  How is she in the series?

I remember going to see the original flick.  Haven't seen it a quite some time.  Wonder if it still holds up.  

It does. I caught it a few years ago. Still an extremely well done and relevant movie. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/5/2016 at 2:23 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

Westworld is great. There was a nice little homage to Yul Brenner in a passing scene where they showed what was clearly an older version of his robot. And they make a mention of an incident that happened 30 years prior, I wonder if they are referring to the original movie.

I've heard about this show. When and what channel is it on?

Shameless new season.  1st 2 episodes are as funny and gross as ever.  

"Hairy balls", Carl, "Haairy Balls".  And now that we know Svetlana is a mathematical savant, she is even hotter than ever!

Rumor is that this will be final season.  Enjoy it while it lasts.  

On 10/5/2016 at 1:23 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

It is pretty good.  I like the theme music (off topic).

On 29/07/2016 at 2:30 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

Vice Principals is everything you think it would be given the cast and yet it's still gold.

Had a hard time getting into it since McBride has almost the same role as in Westbound and Down, but it got better as it went along. Just finished Last man on Earth which is somewhat in the same vein and worth the watch.

On 10/20/2016 at 3:22 AM, RaoulDuke said:

Had a hard time getting into it since McBride has almost the same role as in Westbound and Down, but it got better as it went along. Just finished Last man on Earth which is somewhat in the same vein and worth the watch.

Quick ? Mr RDuke, when you watch these series, do you listen in French or English?

Just finished breaking bad(I know last person to watch it)

Almost done with the night of.  started watching it because someone told me it was actually season 3 of true detective but I think the person that told me that was full of sh*t.

SOA was very good, makes me want to buy a cruiser bike.

Boardwalk empire was good(couple actors popped up in breaking bad)

looking forward to vikings and black sails coming back with new seasons.