GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Bran literally has a line in this weeks episode, “I mostly spend my time in the past”. Can he in fact see the future at all? I only recall him seeing the past. Red Witch saw future in the flames.

Speaking of which, what are the odds we never find out what The Hound saw in the flames?

The castle was Eastwatch and the mountain that looked like an arrowhead was pointed out when they went beyond the wall.

• Upvote 1

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

The castle was Eastwatch and the mountain that looked like an arrowhead was pointed out when they went beyond the wall.

Hmm. I thought they referenced that there was more to it in ep 1 or 2 of this season. Maybe I’m misremembering. 

16 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You idiots are turning into this endless time loop of Dante and Randall debating about contractors that got needlessly killed on the Death Star. Or the guys who buy convention stand pizza at ComicCon and get into screaming matches about who changes the tires on the Batmobile. It's a ******* fictional story! Nobody changes the tires!

I am now pondering both of these things. 

• Upvote 2

For the second week in a row, Game of Throne’s creative staff have come under fire — and not from a dragon. Whereas last week’s battle royale was so dark it could barely be seen, last night’s episode included an unexpected cameo from a rogue coffee cup.

The cameo occurred at the 17:39 mark of the episode, during a scene in which Tormund Giantsbane is toasting Jon Snow during a post-battle celebratory meal. Daenerys Targaryen is seated nearest to the coffee, though she never acknowledges it. Nor do show runners Gavid Beinoff and D.B. Weiss, who were apparently too busy dressing up as wildlings to monitor quality control of the scene.

In a statement to Variety, GOT art director Hauke Richter said the gaffe is being “blown out of proportion [because] it has not happened with Thrones so far.”

Richter also spoke to TMZ and reiterated that it was an innocent mistake. “We are usually so diligent that this does not happen,” Richter explained. “The shoot was very hard and demanding and it is likely that after a very tiring episode three shoot, this was simply overlooked by an exhausted crew.”

Funny for sure, but man do I feel empathy for the guilty party. The production from start to finish last night was epic by any standards, and that's the thing that people take away from it. It's a real shame. The person responsible for that must be killing themselves over it today.

One of my good friends was one of the art supervisors on Into the Spiderverse. Took up three years of his life and many of those included sleepless nights and I saw it firsthand. I don't think the majority of viewers really appreciate how much time and work is put into some of this stuff.

10 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Because he’s a good villain in a fun story that has a history of good villains. Not much more to it than that. Nor does there need to be. 

Because he wants to **** Cersei?

I genuinely can't think of less effort they've put into a character.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Because he wants to **** Cersei?

I genuinely can't think of less effort they've put into a character.

It's not because he wants to **** Cersei, it's because when he talks about it, he makes crazy faces and talks really tough and vulgar too!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JiF said:

A few more thoughts;

Jamie's character arch has been outstanding and more involved than any character I can think of in any show I've ever watched.  I literally wanted to jump through the screen and beat his face in last night.  That dude, is killing that role.  He's been incredible.  Between him, Tywin, Tyrion and Cersi - I think the Lannister might be the best actors in the entire series.  Runner up; Jorah, he was amazing and saved 90% of those terrible Dany scenes and her miserable acting. 

It warmed my heart to see the Hound and Arya back on the road again.  If there was a favorite time over the entirety of the show; it was when they were riding together.  That dynamic was amazing.  My favorite scene still till this day; is when the Hound arrives at her Aunts Castle only to find out she's been killed and Arya just starts cracking up laughing. 

I called the Varys and Dany scene.  New it was coming.  New when she asked him for his council that this day would come.  The Red Witch said he'd die in Westeros.  She never mentioned when and now he's employed someone to kill her?  This might be the most intriguing story line left in the show.  Do we see Varys die or does he survive?  Who kills Dany? 

I LOVED Tywin.   That guy was amazing.  

I think Arya kills Dany.

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You idiots are turning into this endless time loop of Dante and Randall debating about contractors that got needlessly killed on the Death Star.

Those contractors knew who they were workin' for, they knew the risks when they took that job. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

I've got to re-watch the episode as well as watch the "Inside the Episode" recap....but I think there might be a chance that somehow Rhaegal survived.

Much like the writers have done in the past, they lingered just a little too much on the conversation with Cersei and Euron about Rhaegal being dead, when Euron says something to the sort of I saw it fall into the ocean.

Then, they conveniently make sure that Cersei can see that Dany arrives at the parley with only one dragon, calling back to the original parley at the dragon pit in season 7 where Cersei correctly assumes one of the dragons is dead, because Dany only showed up with two dragons.

The one thing I don't recall, and I need to re-watch the episode tonight for, is there a scene with Dany mourning or acknowledging the loss of her second dragon (other than when he first went down)....or one of her other advisers confirming that Rhaegal is in fact dead?  I don't recall it, but I could missed it while watching the episode.

The final shot in next week's trailer is Euron looking up into the sun with a look of surprise.  Maybe it's just Drogon making his final approach (out of the glaring sunlight to shield him from accurate Scorpion fire?) or just maybe its a look of surprise because it's Rhaegal coming and Euron thinks he's dead.

6 hours ago, nycdan said:

I had the same thought during the preview.  What could be surprising in the sky like that?  Still, Rhaegal took a spear to the head.  It literally seemed to blow his head apart.  Not sure how they'd explain it but they seem to be okay with sloppy writing now so maybe...

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

ACTUALLY, one spear through the chest, one through a wing, and the last one through the neck, a few feet back from the head. 2:50 mark.

https://news.yahoo.com/em-game-thrones-em-may-144028921.html

To summarize, it's a fourth dragon, and it's due to Tyrion being The Prince who was Promised and having Targ blood. Evidence:

- Tyrion is the bastard product of the Mad King raping Tywin's wife.
- Tywin’s last words to Tyrion are also literally, “You’re no son of mine.”
- "There’s also the fact that the gyroscope in Game of Thrones‘ opening credits depicts four dragons instead of three and that in season 5, Tyrion and Jorah saw a dragon flying over Valyria that was never confirmed to be Drogon."

Question; the Cersei prophecy.  When did we learn that her brother would kill her?  I dont remember that being said in the show.  That witch she visited, just said she'd mary the King and not have kids with him.

Was this a book thing that has come out and people have added that part?  

25 minutes ago, JiF said:

Question; the Cersei prophecy.  When did we learn that her brother would kill her?  I dont remember that being said in the show.  That witch she visited, just said she'd mary the King and not have kids with him.

Was this a book thing that has come out and people have added that part?  

Yeah...it's a book thing...never stated in the show.

My theory still holds water so far, especially with Jamie leaving Brieanne and Winterfell.  In short:

Jamie goes back to Cersei, Cersei ends up winning and keeping the throne.  Cersei has her baby (Jamie's baby).

The baby turns out to be dwarf (you know...incest).  Cersei worst nightmare comes true...Cersei tries to (or does) kill the baby, Jamie kills Cersei.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

I've got to re-watch the episode as well as watch the "Inside the Episode" recap....but I think there might be a chance that somehow Rhaegal survived.

Much like the writers have done in the past, they lingered just a little too much on the conversation with Cersei and Euron about Rhaegal being dead, when Euron says something to the sort of I saw it fall into the ocean.

Then, they conveniently make sure that Cersei can see that Dany arrives at the parley with only one dragon, calling back to the original parley at the dragon pit in season 7 where Cersei correctly assumes one of the dragons is dead, because Dany only showed up with two dragons.

The one thing I don't recall, and I need to re-watch the episode tonight for, is there a scene with Dany mourning or acknowledging the loss of her second dragon (other than when he first went down)....or one of her other advisers confirming that Rhaegal is in fact dead?  I don't recall it, but I could missed it while watching the episode.

The final shot in next week's trailer is Euron looking up into the sun with a look of surprise.  Maybe it's just Drogon making his final approach (out of the glaring sunlight to shield him from accurate Scorpion fire?) or just maybe its a look of surprise because it's Rhaegal coming and Euron thinks he's dead.

22 hours ago, nycdan said:

I had the same thought during the preview.  What could be surprising in the sky like that?  Still, Rhaegal took a spear to the head.  It literally seemed to blow his head apart.  Not sure how they'd explain it but they seem to be okay with sloppy writing now so maybe...

22 hours ago, T0mShane said:

ACTUALLY, one spear through the chest, one through a wing, and the last one through the neck, a few feet back from the head. 2:50 mark.

So, after re-watching the episode and the Inside the Episode featurette, I no longer think Rhaegal is coming back.

There's a very short conversation in the show between Dany and Tyrion where she talks about losing Rhaegal.

In the Inside the Episode as well as the longer making of the episode, behind the scenes both D&D seem to be pretty clear that Rhaegal is dead.  Of course it can be all misdirection but I don't think we will see Rhaegal again.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Yeah...it's a book thing...never stated in the show.

My theory still holds water so far, especially with Jamie leaving Brieanne and Winterfell.  In short:

Jamie goes back to Cersei, Cersei ends up winning and keeping the throne.  Cersei has her baby (Jamie's baby).

The baby turns out to be dwarf (you know...incest).  Cersei worst nightmare comes true...Cersei tries to (or does) kill the baby, Jamie kills Cersei.

Did the book prophecy include the rest of what we heard on the show?  Because on the show, it specifically said she'd have 3 children.  I'm starting to think Cersei is lying about the child. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Did the book prophecy include the rest of what we heard on the show?  Because on the show, it specifically said she'd have 3 children.  I'm starting to think Cersei is lying about the child. 

I didn't read the books so I don't know the technicalities with the exact prophecy there.  In the show, I believe she asks how many children she will have "with the king" and the witch tells her that the king will have many but she will only have three.  In the show the witch doesn't tell her she would be strangled by the "valanqor", that's only in the books.

Here's the thing though.  Even with the prophecy, the show doesn't actually follow it. 

Even though technically Joffrey, Marcella and Tommen were not the king's children, it was pretty clear that's who the witch was referring to, because she also says something about having gold crowns (which I always interpreted to mean golden hair).  But, in the show (not sure about the books) Cersei did have one child that was actually Robert's.  Way back in season 1 when Cersei is still in Winterfell, after Bran has been pushed, Cersei talks to Catelyn and tells her the story about her first child with Robert (black hair) that died of a fever shortly after birth.

So even in the show, Cersei has already had 4 children...if she is indeed pregnant, this will be her 5th child.

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

Trying to remember

She'd die by the little brother.   She always took that to be Tyrion, but she is actually older than Jaime by 10 minutes or so.  Also, she would be usurped by one younger and prettier than her.  She took that to meam Marg Tyrell, but it could be Dany or Sansa.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I didn't read the books so I don't know the technicalities with the exact prophecy there.  In the show, I believe she asks how many children she will have "with the king" and the witch tells her that the king will have many but she will only have three.  In the show the witch doesn't tell her she would be strangled by the "valanqor", that's only in the books.

Here's the thing though.  Even with the prophecy, the show doesn't actually follow it. 

Even though technically Joffrey, Marcella and Tommen were not the king's children, it was pretty clear that's who the witch was referring to, because she also says something about having gold crowns (which I always interpreted to mean golden hair).  But, in the show (not sure about the books) Cersei did have one child that was actually Robert's.  Way back in season 1 when Cersei is still in Winterfell, after Bran has been pushed, Cersei talks to Catelyn and tells her the story about her first child with Robert (black hair) that died of a fever shortly after birth.

So even in the show, Cersei has already had 4 children...if she is indeed pregnant, this will be her 5th child.

I thought that was a mis carriage.

Cersei: When will I wed the prince?

Maggy: Never. You will wed the king.
Cersei: I will be queen, though?

Maggy: Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.[1]

—Maggy in the dream of Cersei Lannister

Cersei: Will the king and I have children?
Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.[1]

—Maggy in the dream of Cersei Lannister

Melara: Will I marry Jaime?
Maggy: Not Jaime, nor any other man, Worms will have your maidenhead. Your death is here tonight, little one. Can you smell her breath? She is very close.[1]

—Maggy and Melara Hetherspoon in the dream of Cersei Lannister
  • Upvote 2

The real heir to the throne is Gendry, not Dany, Jon or even Tyrion. As Robert's son, he is next in line. Think the clue that they gave was in this last episode, when Tyrion said to Dany  after she gave him his title  "He will now be loyal to you forever." Her response..."you are not the only clever one." What would she need Gendry's loyalty for?