3rd Overall Pick is...?

j4jets

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be selected 3rd overall? (1st - Winston, 2nd - Mariotta)

• Leonard Williams
    • Dante Fowler
    • Shane Ray
    • Cooper
    • Vic Beasley
    • Bud Dupree
    • Other - Specify

If Leonard Williams is on the board at 3 and the Jaguars don't take him it's time to fire Dave Caldwell. 

Agreed there. And he most likely will be there with the 2 QBs going 1st and 2nd. Leonard is the best player in this years draft from what I've heard/read.

Shane Ray is a choice? Whu?

A lot of articles had him in the top 10, some had him going to the Jets. Its just a choice. We all know he's not going there but it gives us a perspective...plus bragging rights if he is picked 3rd overall. Bruce Irvin went 15th overall when he was considered a 2nd round pick.

Leonard will not go #3 and will drop.

Jags need an edge rusher - Fowler/Beasley- not another DE/DT body since they already have Sen'Derrick Marks, Tyson Alualu, Chris Clemons, Ziggy Hood, and a few other bodies. Alan Branch has not been what they wanted.

Raiders take either White or Cooper.

Skins GM has already stated they won't pick Leonard because they already have a solid interior DLine. They want a complimentary rush LB to Kerrigan who can replace Orakpo: Beasley or Fowler

Jets have Leonard in their laps @ #6. Pick, Pass, Trade with who?

Jags need an edge rusher - Fowler/Beasley- not another DE/DT body since they already have Sen'Derrick Marks, Tyson Alualu, Chris Clemons, Ziggy Hood, and a few other bodies. Alan Branch has not been what they wanted.

Skins GM has already stated they won't pick Leonard because they already have a solid interior DLine. They want a complimentary rush LB to Kerrigan who can replace Orakpo: Beasley or Fowler

Leonard has to be the trade bait with Jets. We do not need another DT/DE and at 300 pounds, he's not a good fit as an OLB.

We don't NEED another DL but if he's BPA, you potentially have a more impactful & cheaper 3-4 DE that can replace Mo at a fraction of the cost, a DE that is projected to be better than Mo, makes Mo expendable to let him walk in FA or be traded, has no pressure to be the star due to talented veterans on DLine, and is consistent with Mac's philosophy that you take BPA despite the usual mistake he's seen several times over of reaching for a player based on need.

We don't need DLine, but we DO NEED PLAYMAKERS. Leonard can do that and cheaply.

If Leonard Williams is there at 6 you teleport to the podium with the card, sh*t with him, Wilk, Coples, Richardson, and Harrison you could play at 5-0-6 D considering we have the horses in the secondary on passing downs, and not worry if We could stop the run with only 5 in the box, and getting all 5 in one on one situations with a free blitzinG DB. That would be one hell of a Defense to try, and move the ball on.

2nd perfect world if Williams is gone is Fowler, and if he is gone it's WR, or trade back IMO no other player is worth the 6th pick once Cooper, and White are gone with those 2 d guys gone, and the 2 QB's gone IMO, and I don't really like White all that much, hopefully if the other 5 are the 1st 5 picks somebody loves White enough to trade up with the Jets.

A lot of articles had him in the top 10, some had him going to the Jets. Its just a choice. We all know he's not going there but it gives us a perspective...plus bragging rights if he is picked 3rd overall. Bruce Irvin went 15th overall when he was considered a 2nd round pick.

Dude is hurt. He's not going top 10. 

It's becoming pretty clear who the top 5 picks are.

Jags take either Williams or Fowler

Raiders take Cooper

Skins take whoever is left Williams or Fowler

I wouldn't bet on the Raiders taking a Wr at one . They are just as likely to take L Williams, Dante Fowler, or Vic Beasley.

i think the Jags are too far down the "Fowler will be a better pass rusher in the pros than in college" rabbit hole. They maybe should take Williams but they won't.

Williams is a really hard projection. He's a defensive tackle with average athleticism and almost universally considered to be the best player in the draft. That's kind of difficult to process. It's not like you had to have a plan for Jadeveon Clowney at 6.

Williams is a really hard projection. He's a defensive tackle with average athleticism and almost universally considered to be the best player in the draft. That's kind of difficult to process. It's not like you had to have a plan for Jadeveon Clowney at 6.

Very hard to see Leonard Williams get pass the Raiders at number 4. If he's there, there is pretty good chance that's the Raiders pick . ( wants to be a Raider). He would probably play De for the Raiders on the run downs, and move to Dt on the passing downs. something like this Lde Leonard Williams Ldt Justin Ellis Rdt Dan Williams Rde Khalil Mack Wlb Malcolm m Smith MLB Curtis Lofton, sslb Sio Moore.

Maybe, I think it should be a no brainer for them to give Carr a polished receiver like Cooper.

Could be the next Manning-Wayne

It's more likely to find a wr later in the draft , than a pass rusher , or impact defense lineman . You don't hAve to have a number one type of Wr to win. To stop the top passing offense you have to have guys that can get in the Qb's face consistently .

We don't NEED another DL but if he's BPA, you potentially have a more impactful & cheaper 3-4 DE that can replace Mo at a fraction of the cost, a DE that is projected to be better than Mo, makes Mo expendable to let him walk in FA or be traded, has no pressure to be the star due to talented veterans on DLine, and is consistent with Mac's philosophy that you take BPA despite the usual mistake he's seen several times over of reaching for a player based on need.

We don't need DLine, but we DO NEED PLAYMAKERS. Leonard can do that and cheaply.

You're telling me that the Jags pass up Williams, the hands-down BPA in the entire draft, because of that DL? They should run up there and grab him while they can. Unless you believe that Rex made a mistake with Richardson using the same logic....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jags-could-make-another-surprise-pick-at-no--3--amari-cooper---triggering-run-on-wrs-061757248.html

Saw that article on yahoo. Would be interesting if the Jags went with Cooper at 3. Would def cause a WR chain reaction

The Raiders would draft Leonard Williams. What's the difference if only one Wr comes off the board in the first five picks. I expect the run of the pass rushers to happen before the run on Wr's.

This is what happens. Worst case scenario IMO

As long as Williams, Fowler, or Cooper are available when we pick, I'll be happy. Personally, I want Cooper but if he's not available, I think teams will be willing to trade up if any of those players are still available. I think the Falcons, Browns, Saints may all be willing to trade up if any of those players are available.

Archived