$251.94

SoFlaJets

Is the cost that the NFL and particularly the New York Football Jets will either make or surrender from this household, IF Geno Smith is the Jets starting Quarterback by the annual early September Eagles v Jets pre season game or more affectionately known around some parts as the Future UPS vs Fed Ex Employees Bowl.

If by then Geno Smith is the Jets starter, then it is this long-time Jets' fan's contention that the season is already over, thus making the decision of whether or not to purchase the NFL Sunday Ticket a wasted expenditure.

I can't put myself through another season of actually sitting here LAUGHING at my football team. I mean I haven't even been able to get mad for the past 3 seasons, the Jets under the fat dummy had become the sports world's version of the Keystone Kops, the whole Klown Kar comparison was never too far off. Who wants to spend their hard-earned money on a team led by the likes of a guy who can't even tell time. 

Give me Fitzpatrick, give me Matt Simms, give me Bryce Petty, hell give me Brooks Bollinger just never even one more snap from Mangold to Geno Smith.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear what you're saying, and I'd venture to guess that there's roughly an 85% chance they'll go nowhere if Geno is at QB...but I can't not watch games.  Maybe it's because I spent so many years overseas and had to either miss games or watch them on horrendous ..but if I can watch it, I'm watching it.

Pray to the football gods that it's Fitz or a QB not yet on the roster.  No Geno, no Petty.

Jimmy, they've done a lot of great things offseason. There are a lot of things to be excited for.

We just had, by all accounts, a fantastic draft.

No need to sh*t on the little spark of positivity.

I have paid close to  zero for Sunday ticket for the last 6 years.  Dealing with DTV is like haggling at a flea market.  It's unlike cable companies in that they cable's policies are rigid and DTV will do what it has to to retain its customers and earn loyalty points.  Having been a 20 year loyal customer of DTV... all I have to do is print out my local cable TV pricing and politely throw it in the face of the "retention team" at DTV, and I end up with mega discounts including Sunday Ticket.  Always tell them that Sunday Ticket is the only reason you use DTV and that if you can't get it at a super discount, you're gone.   All this will end as soon as AT&T rigid philosophy infects the once consumer friendly DTV.  We are all going to hate that merger.

It's a lot easier to stay involved when you live in the Metropolitan Area AFJF, it take some effort to do it like that down here. Those first two seasons when they went to the Championship Games we still had to sign up for ESPN NY and we never could get the CBS NYC feed, so it is a double edged sword if you will, easier to put them on 'ignore' and but still a lot easier that it was to stay up on the team than it was a decade ago.

Jimmy, they've done a lot of great things offseason. There are a lot of things to be excited for.

We just had, by all accounts, a fantastic draft.

No need to sh*t on the little spark of positivity.

which gives me hope that they are smart enough to know what Rex Ryan could never seem to figure out, that Geno Smith is not a quality-level starting NFL QB and I doubt that he ever will be. I love what they have done-so far, especially the cleaning house stuff Thor. I just need to see the big broom make one more big swat and brush that scrub right out of our hair...(was watching The Pink Panther and Dreyfus in the head shrinkers office)

This is going to be a Jets team worth watching regardless of who the QB is at the start of the season, If Geno is our starter then there is a reason, simply look at all the good things Mac and Bowles have done over the offseason. We have a defense that is going to be a nightmare for teams they wont want to play against us, We have some pretty great playmakers on offense now, Lots of depth in areas of need going into training camp so there will be competition. I also believe that bowles wont put up with Geno if he starts causing to many turnovers he will pull the kid out and put Fitz in. I just hope we don't see Petty this year and we do the right thing and let the kid develop.

which gives me hope that they are smart enough to know what Rex Ryan could never seem to figure out, that Geno Smith is not a quality-level starting NFL QB and I doubt that he ever will be. I love what they have done-so far, especially the cleaning house stuff Thor. I just need to see the big broom make one more big swat and brush that scrub right out of our hair...(was watching The Pink Panther and Dreyfus in the head shrinkers office)

There is also another side to that coin, maby they will be able to straighten Geno out like Rex was never able to do.

Give me Fitzpatrick, give me Matt Simms, give me Bryce Petty, hell give me Brooks Bollinger just never even one more snap from Mangold to Geno Smith.

hey instead of Geno I'd take you or me with old man ass looking silly  in a Jets uniform playing QB

hey instead of Geno I'd take you or me with old man ass looking silly  in a Jets uniform playing QB

how much do undrafted rookie Free Agents make anyway Rich? It might be worth getting an ass kicking if it's enough to buy a house ya know?

Living in SOFLA I have to deal with nothing but the dolphins so I have DTV and comcast. The DTV I activate for 6 months out of the year which makes it easier for me to negotiate the price of the Sundat ticket as I tell them I am a snowbird . I tell them it not worth it for me to activate my account as comcast is cheaper blah blah and i never pay more than $150 for the ticket.

IMO, being a Fan(atic) of a Sports Team means you watch and support them, regardless of who plays.

Root the laundry, not the players.

I completely agree that Geno Smith is horrible, and must not play.  But if he does...I'll still watch.

Watching last year, knowing the trainwreck to come, with that scumbag Vick on the team, was certainly hard.

2015, with the new team and talent, should be far easier, even with Geno Smith.

last week on Sirius NFL Jim Miller was talking about Gailey and how he had to teach Kordell Stewart the basics of running an NFL offense and what the defense was trying to do.   Miller said Gailey was the best pure teacher he's ever been around and that Geno was lost in MM's offense.  

It may all be moot but Geno and FItz is what we have so hopefully one of them steps up.   Geno has the tools the be an NFL QB the question is if he can adjust to the mental part of the game.  If Gailey can't teach him he's done in the NFL...but at least this yr we have a journeyman who can potentially grind out 9 or 10 wins with a top 5 defense.  

this defense is loaded and we have a great DC / HC combination.  the only real weakness is speed at LB and I think we'll see antonio allen or another safety type playing closer to the line to help in coverage.   tough not be at least a little excited about this team right now, total rebuild in 4 months by the new regime - both personnel and culture.  

for those newcomers let it be noted that nj meadowlands has never had an original thought pop into his jealous head and has made it his duty to criticize and critique most of my posts. It's OK though, he's kinda like that pimple you get on your butt once a year, you ignore it and eventually it just goes away.

for those newcomers let it be noted that nj meadowlands has never had an original thought pop into his jealous head and has made it his duty to criticize and critique most of my posts. It's OK though, he's kinda like that pimple you get on your butt once a year, you ignore it and eventually it just goes away.

You should see a doctor...

unless that pimple also grows a hair, then you go to a Dr. to have looked at

I plan to watch and enjoy when the defense is on the field and hopefully be able to make it to the fridge and back while the offense is on the field.  If Geno is starting that probably only gives me about 90 seconds each drive, which should just about do it if I don't waffle too much with the door open.

not surprised if geno smith will start the season on a short leash. he's capable of winning the job without live bullets flying. if there's a chance geno can succeed this will be it. otherwise fitzpatrick will man the ship probably for the next 2 years. 

Archived