New Stadium Security

Maxman

MetLife Stadium Enhances Security, Implements Walk-Through Magnetometers

New Public Safety Measure Now in Place for All Stadium Events Including NFL Games

East Rutherford, New JerseyJune 1, 2015 – In a continuing effort to improve the fan experience and provide a safer environment for all guests, walk-through magnetometers have been installed at all gates at MetLife Stadium, home of the New York Jets and New York Football Giants.

The new security measure, a National Football League Best Practice implemented as of June 1, will remain in place for all upcoming Stadium events, including NFL preseason and regular season games. 

Walk-through magnetometers, a more effective and less intrusive form of screening, will replace hand-held magnetometers as the primary screening device.

Guests will not need to remove their shoes, belts, coins, watches or jewelry, as required at airports.  Guests will have to place their cell phones, cameras, and keys on a security table prior to walking through the metal detector.  To help expedite the process, guests are advised to only bring items they will absolutely need for the event.

The MetLife Stadium Bag Policy, Code of Conduct, and Carry-In Policy remain the same.  Specifics can be found online at www.metlifestadium.com.

“The safety and security of our guests has always been our utmost priority,” said Daniel DeLorenzi, MetLife Stadium director of security and safety services.  “The addition of walk-through magnetometers is part of the progression of stadium security and adds to our already robust public safety and security procedures.  We continue to look for ways to provide a world-class experience for all guests attending events at MetLife Stadium.”

In May, the NFL Committee on Stadium Security mandated that all NFL stadiums install walk-through magnetometers within the next two years.

This public safety measure, recently required by Major League Baseball, is being used at other major sports venues in the region, including Yankee Stadium, Citi Field, and Barclays Center. 

Working personnel, including media, will continue to enter the Stadium through designated gates where they will be subject to screening and bag inspections already in effect.

I was at Citi yesterday. This article is full of shit.

Why do you say that?

It doesn't say it is used 100% at Citi field. Although that does seem to be where we are headed.

Respectfully, RTFA.

I did...based on the fact that it's a new system there's always the chance it's not being implemented at every gate.  Don't you think that would be kind of a strange thing for them to lie about?

Went in through the main entrance. Everyone got the wand. There were no walk-through anythings anywhere.

I just reread the release by the Jets. They said:

This public safety measure, recently required by Major League Baseball, is being used at other major sports venues in the region, including Yankee Stadium, Citi Field, and Barclays Center. 

I think what they are saying is you are getting screened at all those places with a magnetometers. Some of them are hand held.

Guests will have to place their cell phones, cameras, and keys on a security table prior to walking through the metal detector.

b627eaff1ece82a6e126153033600996x.jpg

I'm not feeling good about this one bit, nope.

SAR I

This plan will never work at a Jets - Pats game at MetLife. All the visiting Pats fans would have to remove their tinfoil hats before entry. They will all die when the reality of **** hits them.

A little OT but I think the NFL has a potentially serious attendance issue about to happen. They were blacking out viewers up until last year even after the FCC lifted it. That tells me people aren't, at least in some cities, going to games.

Now your sisters, wives, or GFs get to show 80,000 people their tampons in a clear bag because purses and bags are banned. Oh right, 'security' or some such nonsense.

HD, Sunday Ticket, NFL network, internet are all great for keeping up with fantasy and the games themselves. Tickets, beers, food, are all completely out of whack in this (don't deny it) sh*tty economy.

So...why exactly am I going to a live game again?

Why not?

I typically have the following on me as I enter a Jets game:

BMW remote key

iPhone 6

Ray Ban polarized sunglasses

Money clip with $500 cash

American Express Platinum and Gold cards

Rolex Submariner Date

All-in, that's around $6,900 worth of hardware and direct-access to an additional $250,000 or so.  I don't like having that kind of exposure put in a bowl by a minimum wage migrant security worker adjacent to 82,500 prying sets of eyes.

SAR I

BMW remote key

iPhone 6

Rolex Submariner Date

All-in, that's around $6,900 worth of hardware and direct-access to an additional $250,000 or so.  I don't like having that kind of exposure put in a bowl by a minimum wage migrant security worker adjacent to 82,500 prying sets of eyes.

SAR I

You should probably learn how to fight.

that would seem to slow things down.  if everyone has to empty their pockets, put stuff in a tray, move through, get your stuff back, that seems longer than the wand trick

thanks idzik

You should probably learn how to fight.

I'm scared of getting hurt.

that would seem to slow things down.  if everyone has to empty their pockets, put stuff in a tray, move through, get your stuff back, that seems longer than the wand trick

thanks idzik

...exactly right.  Security is a good thing, but if airport queues are any indication, stop-and-frisk is better than put-Edwina-back-in-the-bowl.

SAR I

BMW remote key

iPhone 6

Rolex Submariner Date

SAR I

You should probably stay the hell home and eat stale pretzels or go to the opera. 

I'm scared of getting hurt.

...exactly right.  Security is a good thing, but if airport queues are any indication, stop-and-frisk is better than put-Edwina-back-in-the-bowl.

SAR I

if you learn the proper way to fight, you wont get hurt

Middle age guys who go to a gym and pay to learn how to fight will still get their azz kicked in the street. You either have the balls to go or you dont. You cant teach heart.

Guys that are tough never really need lessons. The lesson comes with taking shots and coming back stronger next time. Maybe mister braggart can benefit from a mild beat down.

BMW remote key

iPhone 6

Rolex Submariner Date

SAR I

I-phones are the number one thing stolen in high schools nowadays,  When I was a kid it was lunches.  Actually it was me stealing them. mmmmm lunch. 

BMW remote key

iPhone 6

Rolex Submariner Date

SAR I

This is great news. On game day I'm going to grab a parking pass, pick up some ruthless migrant workers from Home Depot who will do anything for 100$ a day and roll people at the gate

The cynic in me thinks this is a sneaky way for the Jets/Giants to curtail tailgating and spend more $ inside. People are going to have to line up at least an hour before gametime to ensure you will be in your seats before kickoff. 

I disagree. I think is an attempt to make it more efficient, faster and easier to get into the stadium. They had a few the walkthrough detectors at the Pepsi gate last year and in my experience it was much quicker than getting wanded. The only difference was instead of just holding my wallet, phone and keys in my hand, I had to put it in the basket. 

I'm sure they'll do like its done in a majority of courthouses in the state, if you beep on your way through, they'll have staff to wand you. I doubt theyll be sending people through multiple times taking things out of pockets and what not. 

Ugh more "security theater".  "Oh please Dear Leader, Intrude on our liberties to keep us safe!"

I was at the Mets opening day and there were snipers on the top of the stadium and militarized police with anti-terrorism arm bands.  At the security area at a recent game I was at (which was jam packed - preventing people from catching the opening pitch), they were confiscating aersol can sunblock.  The security guy was like "this can be used to create a blowtorch".  And while he's correct about that, are we really afraid of Al Qaeda/ISIS doing something like that at a baseball game?  I mean, it's one thing to prevent nuclear weapons from falling into their hands but are they really planning something so small like that? And are we really living in fear of every potential threat regardless of how small that we need big brother to protect us? 

The cynic in me thinks this is a sneaky way for the Jets/Giants to curtail tailgating and spend more $ inside. People are going to have to line up at least an hour before gametime to ensure you will be in your seats before kickoff. 

The rational part of me thinks you couldn't be more correct.  On top of that, it helps promote the national security state by reinforcing the "constant danger" we're in.  Plus it gets us all acclimated to regularly having big brother invade our personal space.  But hey it's all "for our own good".

Was a time you could tailgate until 1230 for a 1PM game and still get to your seats by kickoff. No more. And that's the way the Jets and Gianst want it, having spent a billion of theirs and NJ's money to build this sh*thouse. It burns their asses that all those people were spending money on tailgates are not buying their crappy overpriced concessions instead. This helps them wiith that. In their ideal world, everyone would go inside when the gates opened.They saw a chance to force people to get inisde early. Which is why several thousand pople no longer go to games, despite a drumline and cheerleaders and ....PSLs, uh, well you get the idea.If you treat paying customers like criminals, expect at some point they'll take the hint and seek more pleasant and cost-effective alternatives. Like their living rooms or the local sports bar.

To date the veneer of rent a cops security has prevented ZERO incidents(but heaven forbid you sneak a few cans of beer or a sandwich in, you evil bastards) . Same thing with the airport nonsense; the TSA chief under oath has stated all that nonsense at the airport has not stopped one attack(which could be stopped tomorrow anyway by 1.profiling and 2. keeping crazy people from terrorist countries frome entering the US in the first place, but I digress). And even if there were a threat the police would jump on the people involved.

God uck to those of you whos till go. Frankly I think you're nuts to pay top dollar to be treated like garbage.Still may go to a game or 2 this year, but damned if I'm paying top price.

Was a time you could tailgate until 1230 for a 1PM game and still get to your seats by kickoff. No more. And that's the way the Jets and Gianst want it, having spent a billion of theirs and NJ's money to build this sh*thouse. It burns their asses that all those people were spending money on tailgates are not buying their crappy overpriced concessions instead. This helps them wiith that. In their ideal world, everyone would go inside when the gates opened.They saw a chance to force people to get inisde early. Which is why several thousand pople no longer go to games, despite a drumline and cheerleaders and ....PSLs, uh, well you get the idea.If you treat paying customers like criminals, expect at some point they'll take the hint and seek more pleasant and cost-effective alternatives. Like their living rooms or the local sports bar.

To date the veneer of rent a cops security has prevented ZERO incidents(but heaven forbid you sneak a few cans of beer or a sandwich in, you evil bastards) . Same thing with the airport nonsense; the TSA chief under oath has stated all that nonsense at the airport has not stopped one attack(which could be stopped tomorrow anyway by 1.profiling and 2. keeping crazy people from terrorist countries frome entering the US in the first place, but I digress). And even if there were a threat the police would jump on the people involved.

God uck to those of you whos till go. Frankly I think you're nuts to pay top dollar to be treated like garbage.Still may go to a game or 2 this year, but damned if I'm paying top price.

Well said.  Don't forget the (taxpayer paid for) "salute to service" military tributes to propagandize people about the wars.  Yet there are still fans who think it's great because it "keeps us safe".  I really don't enjoy going to games nearly as much anymore.  Fed up w/ the nonsense (which this stuff CLEARLY is).

BMW remote key

iPhone 6

Rolex Submariner Date

SAR I

Why are you bringing so much sh*t to a game anyways? You're asking to get robbed.

Leave the Rolex at home and bring one Credit Card.

Archived