Geno with 5 consecutive TD passes and 70yd TD today, no picks

Barkus

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he starts six games before an injury or an "injury wink wink" puts him on the bench, Fitzpatrick gets 8 starts, Bryce Petty mops up for two starts. Jets go 6-10, 7-9, then take a stab at getting Brees next year.

:sheepf:

So where ARE all the Geno Smith haters today? As for me I've been defending him for YEARS and even going so far as to:

1-Do the research

2-Do the math

3-Go against the grain to state that

4-Geno is better than Joe Namath

5-I told you so!

I have a new nickname for him too, Genius Smithwile-e-coyote-genius.gif

Agree.  Pretty maddening to have a big, athletic QB that can stripe literally any throw on the field......but who might be a dumbass.  Sigh.

Imagine that I knew how to post a GIF and found the one with the little black kid saying THAT'S RACIST!!! <-----and I posted it right here

Why do you guys hate these daily reports on the QB competition? Don't you want to know the progress of each of these QB's going into preseason?

The only thing better than a slow motion train-wreck is a frame by frame train-wreck.

Amirite?

Holy crap can we just let them practice and at least see the team in preseason first before all this nonsense?

This is simply a retaliation thread against the one claiming Geno to be the Anti-Christ.

That would be incorrect. See, Geno being 12 yards behind the LOS adds it to 70 yards. Then the throw was diagonal. That's going to add up. Then the trajectory and the curve on the pass. You add them all up and Geno just threw a 358 yard TD pass against Revis!

I think he starts six games before an injury or an "injury wink wink" puts him on the bench, Fitzpatrick gets 8 starts, Bryce Petty mops up for two starts. Jets go 6-10, 7-9, then take a stab at getting Brees next year.

It would be depressing if the team shelled out $200M in new contracts, lost none of the good players who were here, had a solid draft, and we're still not even .500 on the season. Especially with a handful of games vs Cleveland, Washington, Oakland, Jacksonville, Tennessee. Not to mention Houston, who's down Andre Johnson and whose QB situation is only better than ours in theory (and who shouldn't be able to pass or run on this defense anyway), the Giants, the big ? in Philadelphia, a pair of games against Miami (who a pathetic '14 Jets team nearly - and should have - swept), Buffalo minus last year's starting QB, and a decidedly-weaker Patriots team that lost multiple key players. If we win 2 more games than last year's embarrassment - which itself included a game that Ryan spitefully/purposely tanked vs Miami - then we've got serious coaching problems again.

That aside, it's good to see Geno having a great practice. Hopefully we get more of this and less of his all-pick/no-touchdown performances. Though for his great practices and awful ones alike, it's all so meaningless.

Why do you guys hate these daily reports on the QB competition? Don't you want to know the progress of each of these QB's going into preseason?

while Geno has sucked for 2 years, Willie Colon was actually right - Geno wasn't ready to start but was forced into the position b/c he was the least worst option.   as pathetic as that is it's still true.   

I hate the daily updates b/c previous suckage has no bearing on the 2015 season.   I believe that Gailey is perfect for Geno's development and this really is a sh*t or get off the pot season for him.   I also think that 2 months into a brand new offense against a stacked D (especially in the secondary) is not a fair comparison.   At this point in the offseason I'm just happy that Geno can call the plays in the huddle and knows where all of the wr's are in each play.    He has 3 more months to learn the offense and I'd rather see him throw 100 picks in practice and learn from them then do it in the games.  

A good Jets fan roots hard for Geno to fail quickly and often so that the inevitable move to Fitzpatrick happens with time to be ready for Week 1.

SAR I

I don't know if it makes me a good fan but yes, yes indeed, this is what I'm rooting for!!

One concern in this scenario is Marshall publicly bashing the move to Fitz because he has invested so much time and energy into Geno. Marshall better be on board with any and all Bowles decisions.

That would be incorrect. See, Geno being 12 yards behind the LOS adds it to 70 yards. Then the throw was diagonal. That's going to add up. Then the trajectory and the curve on the pass. You add them all up and Geno just threw a 358 yard TD pass against Revis!

I like the way you think.

Archived