In other news, the sky is blue (the Patriots cheat?!?)

Thor99

They have ruined it for me. I'm not even mad about this, just kinda disinterested. I have no faith in the outcomes of these games anymore. They are fixed like Boxing. Of course Tom Brady the least athletic starting QB since Chad Pennington is a cheater. What a surprise. Of course he got away with it.

I'm done or at least winding down on this stuff. I already called to cancel the Sunday Ticket. I'll watch them if they are on free tv, maybe. But i'll watch college on sats and go golf on Sunday instead.  I don't have to support a league that has no integrity. 

I'll watch the Jets games but that's it.  I'm not tuning in and watching any old sh*tty game just because its the NFL anymore.  Those days are over.  

It makes me mad because I live in the land of college Football and have always defended the NFL claiming it the king of the sporting world.  The passionate collegiate fans always disagreed and thought I was nuts!  Well, they were right.  I've been pumping the WWE of the sporting world for years and I'm a bit ashamed, to be honest.

NCAA >>.>>> NFL

It's official. 

• Upvote 4

How about this one...

At Gillette Stadium, the scrambling and jamming of the opponents' coach-to-quarterback radio line -- "small s---" that many teams do, according to a former Pats assistant coach -- occurred so often that one team asked a league official to sit in the coaches' box during the game and wait for it to happen. Sure enough, on a key third down, the headset went out.

• Upvote 1

Everything in the media is released according to an agenda.  So it seems to me that

someone is striking back against NE after the overturn of Brady's suspension.  I don't

know who it is but it makes Goodell look awful.  Maybe it's one of his assistants looking

to be the next commissioner

No question this is the NFL hitting back. Can't wait for the on filed officials to work some Pats games. this whole thing has made the whole NFL and especially referees look like dunces. There is going to be a reaction that will encompass zero tolerance/max enforcement vs. the Pats.

• Upvote 1

Everything in the media is released according to an agenda.  So it seems to me that

someone is striking back against NE after the overturn of Brady's suspension.  I don't

know who it is but it makes Goodell look awful.  Maybe it's one of his assistants looking

I dont see why ESPN would go out of there way to slam their most beloved franchise and most popular product.  They need the NFL.   

This has been a topic for years and it seems finally someone had enough.  How far does it go?  Would anything surprise you?  Donaghy was throwing games in the NBA...you really put it past this franchise to be handing some money under the table to officiating that always seems to favor the Pats?  

This is a deep downward spiral that the NFL clearly never wanted to get out to the public. 

Edited by JiF
  • Upvote 4

They have ruined it for me. I'm not even mad about this, just kinda disinterested. I have no faith in the outcomes of these games anymore. They are fixed like Boxing. Of course Tom Brady the least athletic starting QB since Chad Pennington is a cheater. What a surprise. Of course he got away with it.

I'm done or at least winding down on this stuff. I already called to cancel the Sunday Ticket. I'll watch them if they are on free tv, maybe. But i'll watch college on sats and go golf on Sunday instead.  I don't have to support a league that has no integrity. 

I'm right there with you...It's not a protest it's just not enjoyable anymore.  The league has become a joke - reading that entire ESPN article - it's just disgusting what's gone on in this league.

I'll watch the games if someone's having a party - or just hanging out with friends but I'm certainly not going to build my Sunday's around the NFL anymore.  Won't go to anymore games...No more late Monday nights...

I'll spend time with the family on Sundays..

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

• Upvote 1

I dont see why ESPN would go out of there way to slam their most beloved franchise and most popular product.  They need the NFL.   

This has been a topic for years and it seems finally someone had enough.  How far does it go?  Would anything surprise you?  Donaghy was throwing games in the NBA...you really put it past this franchise to be handing some money under the table to officiating that always seems to favor the Pats?  

This is a deep downward spiral that the NFL clearly never wanted to get out to the public. 

This is exactly why they should have come down hard on the Pats back in '07 instead of covering it up. If anyone actually thought the Pats would stop cheating they are insane. 

Belichick, Kraft and Brady are all insanely egomaniacal. They figured the NFL bent to their will and would again if they got caught. 

Goodell has only made this worse by covering it up. If something like a ref payola scandal does exist and comes out now. The NFL may not recover for a while. 

• Upvote 2

Agree. Goodell looks as bad as, or worse than, the Cheaters here. If any good comes out of this and Brady's suspension being overturned, it'll be Goodell vacating the commissioner's chair. His cover-ups designed to protect the league are just another black eye for the league. 

• Upvote 2

I bet Rex Ryan was so DUMB he left the real ones no wonder they blew us out like they did when they did. WOW

Well since it isn't against the rules to go in an opposing teams locker room, and stealing their playbooks, or hotel rooms and so on, the league can not punish the Pats for these actions. 

That is what is so sick!

The Pats behave in a manner that we would have to make the rule book ten thousand pages long inorder to stop every angle of cheating that the Pats could or may have engaged in.

Think of this what if they put something in the opposing teams water or set off fire alrams, have a women file bogus rape allegations, or other things to disrupt a team's preparation?

It is Ok becuase it is not "against" the current rules.

They would havee lost against Baltiomore if not for their flauting of the rules before Deflate gate.  Indeed the league had to step in and say what the Pats did was unethical at the time or they wouldn't have had to make that practice specifically barred.   

This chaps my hide because the Pats are a good team but they put the whole league into disrepute with these eggregious actions!

And yet, the Donaghy scandal, which IMO is much more damaging to the integrity of the game than anything that has come out about the Patriots (so far), blew over in what seemed like a single news cycle.  Credit the NBA for having their ducks in a row in the league office and the NFL having . . . the exact opposite of that. 

• Upvote 1

And yet, the Donaghy scandal, which IMO is much more damaging to the integrity of the game than anything that has come out about the Patriots (so far), blew over in what seemed like a single news cycle.  Credit the NBA for having their ducks in a row in the league office and the NFL having . . . the exact opposite of that. 

Think it only blew over because nobody really cares about the NBA until the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

No question this is the NFL hitting back. Can't wait for the on filed officials to work some Pats games. this whole thing has made the whole NFL and especially referees look like dunces. There is going to be a reaction that will encompass zero tolerance/max enforcement vs. the Pats.

it appears to me at least that espn was working on this article for a long time prior to this past week's ruling.

it's pretty clear that they stretch the rules but it's going to be hard to find a smoking gun.

• Upvote 1

it appears to me at least that espn was working on this article for a long time prior to this past week's ruling.

it's pretty clear that they stretch the rules but it's going to be hard to find a smoking gun.

This isn't about penalties anymore.  It's about their legacy and the fact that the news is now coming out about how much they cheat..and how outrageous some of the things they did...

• Upvote 2

My guess is that the owners are going to destroy Goodell now, and this may be part of that.

This isn't about penalties anymore.  It's about their legacy and the fact that the news is now coming out about how much they cheat..and how outrageous some of the things they did...

Exactly the Pats behaviour has been and is literally destroying the NFL.

I am just very proud of many of the posters here who wouldn't be happy if we were cheating in this manner to win games!

IMO one honest Championship is worth a thousand tainted victories.

Goodell was rewarded for his cover-up to the tune of 40 million plus a year, many people would have done the same for a lot less I can tell you that.. 

Edited by Charlie Brown

Institutionalized systematic cheating across the entire organization:

Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens,(and all the other steroid era dudes), Lance Armstrong, Pete Rose, Rosie Ruiz, Tonya Harding, Chicago White Sox, Marion Jones, Tim Dongahy

and....

THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS!!!!

except in the case of the Patriots they continue to cheat over and over and get away with it.

Since the Judge ruled the NFL did not treat Brady fairly maybe the NFL should let the federal courts try Brady so when he lies under oath not only will he be labled a cheat he will also be looking at jail time for lying under oath. I wonder if the NFL has any real proof OR if Bradys phone records could be made available forcing him to tell the truth in a court of law. Now that would be hilarious.

• Upvote 2

except in the case of the Patriots they continue to cheat over and over and get away with it.

Since the Judge ruled the NFL did not treat Brady fairly maybe the NFL should let the federal courts try Brady so when he lies under oath not only will he be labled a cheat he will also be looking at jail time for lying under oath. I wonder if the NFL has any real proof OR if Bradys phone records could be made available forcing him to tell the truth in a court of law. Now that would be hilarious.

Brady testified under oath in the appeal hearing.  Yesterday would have been a good time to pursue a perjury charge if the NFL had reason to believe that he lied.   

Brady testified under oath in the appeal hearing.  Yesterday would have been a good time to pursue a perjury charge if the NFL had reason to believe that he lied.   

Brady did not testify based on deflating the footballs I'm 100 % sure that question was never asked of Brady or the Judge would have shot it down immediately. That entire court case was whether on not he was treated fairly by the NFL. Two different issues.

The NFL is now appealing that verdict.

Edited by Smashmouth
  • Upvote 1

Brady did not testify based on deflating the footballs I'm 100 % sure that question was never asked of Brady or the Judge would have shot it down immediately. That entire court case was whether on not he was treated fairly by the NFL. Two different issues.

Right, he testified under oath about deflating footballs at the appeal hearing before Goodell.  Brady didn't testify about deflation (or any other topic for that matter -- there was no testimony taken at all) before the district court judge.  My point is that the under-oath statements by Brady on the relevant subjects are out there if the NFL had wanted to pursue perjury charges or take other extra-judicial action against Brady.  The fact that the sworn testimony occurred before Goodell rather than the district court judge does not mean that Brady could have expected to lie without consequence. 

Patriots owner Robert Kraft mingled with Judge Richard Berman, who overturned the NFL suspension of Tom Brady over his alleged role in Deflategate, at a Hamptons Labor Day party full of media and business power brokers.

http://pagesix.com/2015/09/06/robert-kraft-deflategate-judge-chat-at-hamptons-media-party/

Simmons also believes Ballghazi is going to give Brady Popeye muscles. 

Can't wait for the Simmons and Pats fans cauterwauling when the officials start  throwing  rulebook into the Pats faces every chance they get. Oh, it's gonna be fun!

Article also mentions Kraft showed up at an NFL function last May and expected every other owner and especially John Mara was going to back him. Instead no one did. Kraft has set himself up to be a 21st century Al Davis. Hopefully blue dick pills and that little whore girlfriend keeps him happy. Football is about to get unfun in New England.

• Upvote 2

It is amazing how David Stern (who owns the media) got away with the Rogue Ref defense.

As mentioned before, this looks like a leak by people in the NFL who want to get back at the Pats.

• Upvote 1

Tell Marty that his guys should have tried blocking Ted Washington in the first half and maybe the outcome would have been different.   Or was it because Ted knew all the plays in advance that he was rag-dolling the entire Panthers' interior OL on every single play? 

Smart-alecky comments aside, I have no problem whatsoever with the Patriots videotaping signals in plain view because stealing signals is 100% legal (though certainly they deserved to be punished for Spygate; I just mean it doesn't affect my view of the integrity of the game).  But the stealing of play-sheets out of visiting locker rooms and videotaping grease boards (which are not in plain sight on the sidelines), is another level of violation entirely and the Patriots should deservedly fry for that (and the results of the games should undoubtedly be questioned) if true. 

Get a grip, your Dee line didnt dominate anybody and you won by one friggen field goal...Cheating Bastids