Back from my first Metlife Experience...

Maxman

So Marvin Jones really was there. He got out of his car and was saying hi to people. He gets back in his car and looks at Mrs Jif. Marvin Jones says, "Now that is one good looking girl".

Then Jif says.... (Jif basically b-slapped Marvin) so he should finish the story.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was great to meet you too. Had I realized it was you I would have said "Welcome to my Kingdom" but I was a little thrown off because you weren't wearing any pukkas.

I'll have to send you the Jet Fuel recipe so you can make it when you watch the games at home. It's a hit with everyone at the tailgate. 

And thanks for giving a bit of cash to Operation Warrior Wishes. Those guys do great work, I appreciate you seeing that.  

So I finally got a chance to see the Jets in Metlife on Sunday.  We met some awesome JN posters and got my first tailgate Joe experience as well.  I saw plenty of games in the old stadium and being an out of the area Jets fan, plenty of road games since the stadium was built (especially in Florida) but last Sunday was my first trip to Metlife and we picked a great game to attend!

First off, thank you to all the welcoming and friendly JN posters who opened up their tailgate and invited me and my girlfriend in as part of the regular crew:

Maxman and son of the Maxman, Faba, BP, Courtnj18 (i think my gf has a new bf), Ecurb, De-Jet-Erate/Duane, AFJF, Panzer, Joebabyny and thanks Faba for walking me over to meet JoeC and 124.  If I forgot someone, I blame the beer and the Jetfuel shots JoeC forced down my throat.

Metlife stadium is u-g-l-y, ugly, on the outside.  When we got over the bridge to the middle of nowhere and saw our first view, I thought to myself, I've never seen an uglier stadium in my life.  The inside was nice though, at least where we were seated. We had some killer club seats so I didnt get to see the entire stadium but the section we were in (213, 50 yard line view) was awesome.  Comfy seats, plenty of leg room, friendly people, great view and easy access to the bar!  A couple of interesting things I noticed in my section, is no vendors walk the sections.  Zero.  No beers, food, nothing.  Never been to game like that before.  Also, "Alcohol Compliance", I guess officers?  That was a first too.  Saw them checking a ton of ID's for under age drinking and giving a lot of folks who even slightly looked drunk a very hard time.  So that was new. 

The crowd was pretty mild. The Jets chants were weak to say the least.  Nobody in my section even joined in when it happened.  I think I was the only one partaking.  Only one obnoxious Jets fan moment when a drunken idiot was leaving his seats he turned to a Skins fans sitting right next to me, stuck a middle finger in his face and screamed "**** the hogs".  Pretty interesting situation because this skins fans was 6'5, 250 and as soon as the Jets fan realized it, he backed off and apologized.  Felt bad for the Skins fan too.  He was a super nice guy and being totally respectful.  He barely even cheered when the skins were up.  The only other slightly obnoxious Jets fan moment, is when some dude screamed "Go Gators" to Marvin Jones when he made an appearance at the tailgate.

Thanks for all the tips from the board on what route we should take to get to the game.  We ended up just going the Uber route and the ride in was cake.  The ride back, was a nightmare.  2 1/2 hours stuck in traffic trying to get back to the city.  I love NYC but man, I couldnt not handle living their on a full time basis.  Not sure how anyone can but hey, to each his own, clearly there are plenty who disagree. 

Joe's tailgate food is legit.  After years of seeing pictures on the site, reading about the ingredients, I finally got to put it to the test and he did not disappoint.  That sausage roll was seriously one of the best I've ever tasted.  The gf and I attended the Jets + Chefs event for the NYCWFF and his sausage roll was better than anything we sampled at the event.  The Riceball too. Great spread all together with burgers and dogs an desserts.  I was full for the entire day!  I dont want to forget Maxman here.  He had a killer after game spread for us to chow on while watching the end of the Broncos/Browns game. :)

All in all, it was a great game day experience.  The tailgate scene was a lot of fun.  Lots of passionate Jets fans getting loose before the start of the game.  Thanks again to the JN crew. You really made me and the gf feel like we've know you for years.  I truly appreciated it, as I was slightly worried how she was going to take meeting a bunch of e-friends from the site but she really had a great time getting to know everyone.

Go Jets!  Lets take it to the Pats! 

It was great meeting you. I think we pulled off that we might be a semi normal bunch. I was shocked by that because normally we end up with, "oh these are your internet friends". But Sunday was a good day all around lol.

Between you, Court and the fact she grew up with that guy that works for Max too, it was like she'd been posting on the board for a decade and not me.

If it's any consolation, any time we refer to how long you've been posting we phrase it: "she's been posting on this board for a decade"

She knew so much about us. We were like, who are you again?  LOL.

It was basically me, my beer, Joe's food and the cold.  Glad she got some attention though.

So Marvin Jones really was there. He got out of his car and was saying hi to people. He gets back in his car and looks at Mrs Jif. Marvin Jones says, "Now that is one good looking girl".

Then Jif says.... (Jif basically b-slapped Marvin) so he should finish the story.

Basically, I hit him with a left, hit him with a right....ran for my life and when I came back to the tailgate, I was informed that she left with Marvin Jones.  Havent heard from her since. 

So, I hear you're one sexy beast. :wub:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

It was basically me, my beer, Joe's food and the cold.  Glad she got some attention though.

Basically, I hit him with a left, hit him with a right....ran for my life and when I came back to the tailgate, I was informed that she left with Marvin Jones.  Havent heard from her since. 

For the record, the who are you again...I meant that was to you. Like she was our BFF and you were a stranger. :)

It was great to meet you too. Had I realized it was you I would have said "Welcome to my Kingdom" but I was a little thrown off because you weren't wearing any pukkas.

I'll have to send you the Jet Fuel recipe so you can make it when you watch the games at home. It's a hit with everyone at the tailgate. 

And thanks for giving a bit of cash to Operation Warrior Wishes. Those guys do great work, I appreciate you seeing that.  

Please do.  That stuff was tasty!  And your welcome!  It's a great cause and it was cool to see you guys supporting since they're head quartered here in Jax.

BTW, You are much better looking in person than your pictures.  

It was great meeting you. I think we pulled off that we might be a semi normal bunch. I was shocked by that because normally we end up with, "oh these are your internet friends". But Sunday was a good day all around lol.

That it was.  I feel like I disappointed a little bit but I was trying to get an invite back when I come for another game.  Next time I'll get weird and you'll never have me again.

Beauty is in the eye of the Beer holder.

I was in 218. The club seats are indeed awesome and provided some warmth during half time. Too bad the prices are such a rip!

Is Metlife really that ugly? I like the stadium, but, then again, it's the only one I have ever been too.

Yeah Metlife is hideous... but it's our hideous stadium!

Still, I wish we would've gotten that West Side stadium. That thing would've been beautiful.

It was basically me, my beer, Joe's food and the cold.  Glad she got some attention though.Basically, I hit him with a left, hit him with a right....ran for my life and when I came back to the tailgate, I was informed that she left with Marvin Jones.  Havent heard from her since. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the kind words Jif, good to finally meet in real life!

We had a pretty good spread for this game, it was all dishes with an Italian-American influence. Normally I am so busy that I can't get around to taking pics, but I have some great guys join the crew this year so I am able to tackle the more complicated stuff and have a little time to relax and enjoy the party more.

Here is Sal and George working 1 of the 2 4 burner griddles kicking off the day with the Italian style Taylor ham pork roll. This was served on custom bakery baked italian rolls with homemade fig jam, provolone, and baby arugula,

12119059_10153675126481779_7191021410660

Here is half of the food line with the Taylor ham sandwiches, some awesome italian sausage (lafrieda) and peppers, and mom's peas and macaroni with bacon

887500_10153675146201779_133668561533595

And here is the pesto sauce i was making

12113430_10153675185226779_7904225660533

Which was then folded in with some Calabro's hand dipped ricotta cheese to make the Jets Pesto burger which was a Lafrieda fresh ground blend of chuck/brisket/short rib on a fresh baked brioche bun

12028734_10153675227821779_5292749018903

It was a pretty good spread!

Thanks for all the kind words Jif, good to finally meet in real life!

We had a pretty good spread for this game, it was all dishes with an Italian-American influence. Normally I am so busy that I can't get around to taking pics, but I have some great guys join the crew this year so I am able to tackle the more complicated stuff and have a little time to relax and enjoy the party more.

Here is Sal and George working 1 of the 2 4 burner griddles kicking off the day with the Italian style Taylor ham pork roll. This was served on custom bakery baked italian rolls with homemade fig jam, provolone, and baby arugula,

12119059_10153675126481779_7191021410660

Here is half of the food line with the Taylor ham sandwiches, some awesome italian sausage (lafrieda) and peppers, and mom's peas and macaroni with bacon

887500_10153675146201779_133668561533595

And here is the pesto sauce i was making

12113430_10153675185226779_7904225660533

Which was then folded in with some Calabro's hand dipped ricotta cheese to make the Jets Pesto burger which was a Lafrieda fresh ground blend of chuck/brisket/short rib on a fresh baked brioche bun

12028734_10153675227821779_5292749018903

It was a pretty good spread!

Joe that looks awesome you gotta tell me where you get those hamburger buns ? I have been looking for that type bun for years ...Restaurant supply ? I love the Avacado on the burgers with some red onion :)

I see now the buns were baked fresh and I live in Texas where the bread just does not stack up to my old Brooklyn days :(

Archived