Jalen Saunders suspended 4 games and then 10 games

32EBoozer

I-D-Z-I-K! What a wasted draft.... we'll be feeling it for a few years.

A month ago, Bears practice squad receiver Jalen Saunders was suspended four games by the NFL. The Bears have played four games since then, but Saunders is not back.

Now Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports that Saunders is suspended 10 games for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy.

That Saunders would see his suspension move from four games to 10 suggests that he’s recently had another violation of the policy. There has been no word on the specific nature of his violations.

Saunders was a fourth-round draft pick of the Jets last year but lasted less than a month into his rookie year before he was cut. He then bounced around from the Cardinals to the Seahawks to the Saints to the Patriots before landing in Chicago. Although Saunders flashed talent in college at Oklahoma and has had some success in limited action as a kick returner, he may have run out of chances in the NFL.

Lol.

Thanks, Idzik. Saunders over Martavis Bryant. That will be etched on your gravestone.

I am not a draftnik but I remember more than a few people on this board banging the table for martavius. i wish idzik just set it to auto-draft using Kiper's "best available."

I mean, how is it humanely possible, on a draft that was stated as one of the deepest in talent in almost a decade, can you have twelve picks and you basically got one right?  I mean, how can ANYONE, especially someone hired who was suppose to know something, have sucked that much?  It is beyond comprehension really.

Okay....now that I have started, I can't let this go.  Let's give him an 'A' on Calvin Pryor.  First pick goes well.  I mean, here is what was possibly left on the table (within 15 picks of ours):

2nd Round:  Jeremiah Attaochu  LB/ Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB/ Allen Robinson/ WR  Jimmy Garrapolo QB / Jarvis Landry WR

3rd Round: Gabe Jackson G / Louis Nix DT  /Josh Huff WR / Phillip Gaines DB / Donte Moncrief / Josh Brown WR

4th Round: Bryan Stork C / Bruce Ellington WR / Martavis Bryant / Tre Boston S / Devin Street WR / David Yankey G /

I mean, you could pick another 10 players in the 4/5/6/7 rounds.  It is MIND-BOGGLING how we blew the entire draft.  It's like every NFL team drafted a starting WR that year except us.  :wacko:

It's probably going to go down as one of the best WR drafts ever, and we came up empty.  I would even understand better, if we had other holes and the GM focused on those holes and ignored the deep position.  However, we had a gaping hole at WR and burned three picks and still came up empty.  Just ridiculous.  

Okay....now that I have started, I can't let this go.  Let's give him an 'A' on Calvin Pryor.  First pick goes well.  I mean, here is what was possibly left on the table (within 15 picks of ours):

2nd Round:  Jeremiah Attaochu  LB/ Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB/ Allen Robinson/ WR  Jimmy Garrapolo QB / Jarvis Landry WR

3rd Round: Gabe Jackson G / Louis Nix DT  /Josh Huff WR / Phillip Gaines DB / Donte Moncrief / Josh Brown WR

4th Round: Bryan Stork C / Bruce Ellington WR / Martavis Bryant / Tre Boston S / Devin Street WR / David Yankey G /

I mean, you could pick another 10 players in the 4/5/6/7 rounds.  It is MIND-BOGGLING how we blew the entire draft.  It's like every NFL team drafted a starting WR that year except us.  :wacko:

It hurts to just think about how bad our selections were..... but it hurts W-A-Y more when you also get to envision what the possibilities could have been!

3rd rd. had Mike Glennon going immediately after Jets picked Brian Winters. Who's to say how he would have progressed, but I bet "Villain" could tell you he would have out-performed Geno! 

It hurts to just think about how bad our selections were..... but it hurts W-A-Y more when you also get to envision what the possibilities could have been!

3rd rd. had Mike Glennon going immediately after Jets picked Brian Winters. Who's to say how he would have progressed, but I bet "Villain" could tell you he would have out-performed Geno! 

I would out perform Geno. I was a high school cross country runner 

It's as if that scarecrow-looking sh!t-stain was trying to screw up.

You could have put on a blindfold, and threw darts at a board full of prospect names, and you would have come up with a better draft class.  Idzik's drafts will haunt this team for years.

All this talk about Martiavis Bryant is ridiculous...Yes he was projected by just about every draft site to be the best available WR and we passed him up twice for receivers who not to many people knew and turned out to not be so great but who really knew Bryant was going to be as good as he has been? 32 teams passed on him enough times to assume that all of the professional scouts on every team didn't see the talent that you guys did apparently. I liked Bryant and like most of you I was scratching my head over not picking him but it would be a lie to pretend that I thought this kid would be as good as he has been...I just thought he would be serviceable.

I don't blame Idzik for passing on Bryant, it was the other 6 or 7 REALLY good WRs that he passed on early in the draft to get a Tight end and other nonsense. Instead, he went for 3 or 4 middling prospects. 

I like Jace Amaro, but not when guys like Landry and Allen Robinson were still available. Granted, guys like Cody Lattimer and Davante Adams were also taken before robinson and they don't look like much (Adams production with Rodgers is pathetic considering who is throwing the ball to him). 

Considering our need for a playmaker at WR, he had no business waiting until the 4th round to take his 1st WR. 

The problem with that draft is that we got nothing of as far as an impact player. For all the picks we had, you would of atleast thought one of those guys could become an impact starter. I am holding up hope that Enunwa and Amaro will eventually become those players.

All this talk about Martiavis Bryant is ridiculous...Yes he was projected by just about every draft site to be the best available WR and we passed him up twice for receivers who not to many people knew and turned out to not be so great but who really knew Bryant was going to be as good as he has been? 32 teams passed on him enough times to assume that all of the professional scouts on every team didn't see the talent that you guys did apparently. I liked Bryant and like most of you I was scratching my head over not picking him but it would be a lie to pretend that I thought this kid would be as good as he has been...I just thought he would be serviceable.

So, you thought he would be a million times more valuable than the sh*t we picked? 

The reason everybody was shocked about passing on Bryant was because tons of press seemed to think the Jets and Rex had a hard-on for him.  Bryant didn't drop because of talent, he dropped because of character concerns and missed a bowl game as academically ineligible.  He has already been suspended for substance abuse.  Maybe the team was scared off by that, especially putting him with the Jets loose clubhouse, though it didn't sour Idzik on Richardson.

Scary part is most of the chatter about us taking Bryant came from the Rex-Clemson connection.  Unfortunately that only netted us Tajh Boyd. They didn't just pass on Bryant once in the fourth.  He was still on the board when they picked  Evans.

Rex probably did want him, but Idziot sabotaged him. But I heard around here that Rex ran all of the drafts and doesn't know anything at all about offense, so...........

Rex probably did want him, but Idziot sabotaged him. But I heard around here that Rex ran all of the drafts and doesn't know anything at all about offense, so...........

Scary thing is that if you just took Clemson players you probably would have done better than Idzik.  Watkins was gone by the time we picked, but Bryant, Breeland, and that kicker in Arizona might be better than the rest of our 2014 haul. 

LOL. You take 6'5, 4.35 over a smurf in the fourth every. *******. Time. 

So, you thought he would be a million times more valuable than the sh*t we picked? 

The reason everybody was shocked about passing on Bryant was because tons of press seemed to think the Jets and Rex had a hard-on for him.  Bryant didn't drop because of talent, he dropped because of character concerns and missed a bowl game as academically ineligible.  He has already been suspended for substance abuse.  Maybe the team was scared off by that, especially putting him with the Jets loose clubhouse, though it didn't sour Idzik on Richardson.

I don't know...media probably thought Rex liked him because he was a Clemson WR...im sure character concerns were an issue but even without them I don't think he would have been drafted before the third round. If they could redo the draft with hindsight may not make it out of the top 15 picks.

Rex did want Bryant.  Not that Rex has a great eye for college talent, but he did want Bryant.  

And it probably is better to roll the dice on a 6'5" WR who runs a 4.3 than a 5'6" WR who isn't a burner.

Archived