Demario Davis visiting Browns

AFJF

8 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Imagine being excited to hit free agency and one of the only teams to call is the Browns?  Davis is limited, but he deserves better than this IMO.

He's a good run stopper, has decent quickness, terrible in pass coverage. It's a shame showed promise first few years. Couldn't continue the success we have had at finding middle linebackers. 

13 hours ago, KRL said:

Hopefully CLE gives him a decent deal so we can get a 5th-6th round compensatory pick in 2017

That's a pipe dream at this point. We've signed plenty of FAs above minimum salary to offset any FA losses. Fitz signing elsewhere gives us a 3rd. That's a blessing in disguise (not really, it's just a straight out blessing). Possibly a 3rd for Snacks as well so Jets need Demario to sign along with a few other FAs to get a pick or two. 

19 hours ago, jett said:

He's a good run stopper, has decent quickness, terrible in pass coverage. It's a shame showed promise first few years. Couldn't continue the success we have had at finding middle linebackers. 

I agree to an extent. When the run is between the tackles, I agree. He's good at that. However, the sweeps and the tosses is where I feel like he gets lost. I tend to see him take terrible angles and always end up behind the running back somehow. 

Hope the Browns sign him. 

13 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He was a disappointment. Thought he was going to be more athletic than he turned out to be

He was a decent player...he was a third round pick not a first rounder. Browns will be happy with this signing I think.

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

I agree to an extent. When the run is between the tackles, I agree. He's good at that. However, the sweeps and the tosses is where I feel like he gets lost. I tend to see him take terrible angles and always end up behind the running back somehow. 

Hope the Browns sign him. 

Yes it seems like we need a geometry teacher at our facility because some of our players take horrible angles. Remember Pryor? His rookie year was a disaster. What a turn around though, he was a stud last year. 

Archived