Kerley: "Jets coaches didn't use me, Lions will"

Freemanm

19 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

He was JAG, so who cares what he thinks?

Hey, no one and I mean no one caught a fair catch like Kerley did.  Good riddance, just shows how bad the offensive talent was when Rex was pumping up the D , Kerley looked like a star with the crap we has at WR.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

He is much better than a Jag and he's absolutely correct.  Jets needed to find a way to get him on the field more.  

Considering our scheme and the small fact that our offense was the most successful it's been in years, no we really didn't.

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Considering our scheme and the small fact that our offense was the most successful it's been in years, no we really didn't.

DISAGREE lets rehash both Buffalo games where Fitz threw to a scrub TE because Decker and Marshall were covered and in the final game where he threw 3 INTs in a row because Decker and Marshall were covered again......maybe Kerley could have made a play. 

The Jets thought enough of him to sign him to a contract didnt they. 

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

So good that it missed the playoffs?

Are you suggesting that because the team's offense had a reasonably good year, they couldn't have been better?

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

He's complaining now.

He's got a new contract, a new team... he could move on, but instead he's yapping. 

He's a jagoff that the fans vastly over-rated.

Yeah count me in with the 'I do NOT wish him all the best" crowd. I hope he sucks. Why would I want to find out we just didn't properly nurture, and then gave up on, a really good player? I want to find out we did the RIGHT thing not the wrong thing. 

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Link?

Second bolded part never happened.

Heres one, I remember him doing it again around midseason too

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/09/jeremy_kerley_jets.html

And the second part did happen, maybe not the 5 but definitely within the 10 which is still just dumb as sh*t instead of taking the chance it can get to the ez for a touchback, especially when you average less than 10 yds a return.  He was infuriating last year with it.  If I knew how to look up this specific stat I would and if anyone does please do!  But he was also 6th in the NFL last year for total fair catches.

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

DISAGREE lets rehash both Buffalo games where Fitz threw to a scrub TE because Decker and Marshall were covered and in the final game where he threw 3 INTs in a row because Decker and Marshall were covered again......maybe Kerley could have made a play. 

The Jets thought enough of him to sign him to a contract didnt they. 

1. Marshall and Decker were getting open in both games , Fitz was making the wrong reads because Rex has had him figured out since his days as Buffalo's starter.

2.  The whole reason Kellen Davis was open is because he is typically used as a decoy/blocking TE. Not because he worked his way open.  Kerley being on the field wouldn't have made a difference. Gailey's system relies on big strong WR's with decent to very good route running to create mismatches in space.

3.  John Idzik thought enough of him to sign him to that ridiculous contract.  Not the GM we have now who possesses a functioning brain.

38 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So good that it missed the playoffs?

Are you suggesting that because the team's offense had a reasonably good year, they couldn't have been better?

Yes Jeremy Kerley, the 5'9 195 JAG wideout not being included to an offense that was already near the top of the league is the main reason we missed the playoffs.  Not the fact that the journeyman QB that's asking for 16-18 million imploded when it mattered most for his team (again). Also had nothing to do with the fact that our 2 most important Running Backs, Bilal Powell and Chris Ivory, were hurt and couldn't play forcing Stevan Ridley into the starting spot.

Do you people also not remember the Eagles game, where Kerley got to play the entire game because Decker was hurt and he did absolutely nothing??? He had 6 grabs for 33 yards and a garbage time TD.  Yeah, those numbers were the reason our team missed the playoffs.

5 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

No, they really didn't use him. They used Decker in the slot mostly. They used Marshall and Owusu on the outside and then Thompkins. I wouldn't be surprised to see him thrive in Detroit with Jones and Tate on the outside.

Yeah but Enunwa basically earned the #3 slot. That's why Kerley was relegated to punt returns in the first place. Even Thompkins was more productive. Not that it matters, I hope he does well in Detroit.

He's not wrong.  Gailey was great last season but his biggest screw up IMO was not finding a way to get Kerley on the field more often.  Through the whole thing, Kerley handled it like a pro and was as pumped as anybody when other WR's made big plays.  I wish him all the best.

3 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Heres one, I remember him doing it again around midseason too

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/09/jeremy_kerley_jets.html

And the second part did happen, maybe not the 5 but definitely within the 10 which is still just dumb as sh*t instead of taking the chance it can get to the ez for a touchback, especially when you average less than 10 yds a return.  He was infuriating last year with it.  If I knew how to look up this specific stat I would and if anyone does please do!  But he was also 6th in the NFL last year for total fair catches.

A fair catch is better than a fumble. A fair catch at the 10 is better than downed at the 2. 

And that article lists no quotes of complaints. He actually was complimentary of his teammates and just wanted to play. 

Do better. 

13 hours ago, JiF said:

Kerley was a stud who was better than any of the receivers on the team other than Decker and Marshall.  He was completely mistreated here. 

Really hope this team doesnt see any injuries at WR because they are ridiculously thin. 

He's going to be nasty in Detroit. 

Jeremey Kerley is the kind of WR that every team in he NFL has on their roster.  He's good enough to make some plays but not good enough to excell. Go down just about every teams roster and you'll find a Kerley type.  

12 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

A fair catch is better than a fumble. A fair catch at the 10 is better than downed at the 2. 

And that article lists no quotes of complaints. He actually was complimentary of his teammates and just wanted to play. 

Do better. 

I don't know what your angle is here, he complained about his playing time after the very first game of the season.  Complaining is complaining period.  I'm not saying he pulled a Santonio Holmes but he didn't have to say anything of the sort and be a company man.  

Secondly taking a chance and muffing the fair catch inside your 10 is exactly the stupid thing to do.  Yes you take the chance to have it roll into the endzone and start at the 20.  If you don't agree with that strategy its fine but fair catching it inside the 10 guarantees thats where you are starting from where as the punting unit has to make a play to save the ball from going in the endzone.  Most times the ball will get to the endzone.  Even Westhoff harped all over Kerley this past season for fair catching inside the 10.  Its not something you want to do.

If you really really like Kerley and think we lost something special thats fine but don't belittle me to do better like I have something to prove against you lol.  

19 hours ago, JiF said:

Kerley was a stud who was better than any of the receivers on the team other than Decker and Marshall.  He was completely mistreated here. 

Really hope this team doesnt see any injuries at WR because they are ridiculously thin. 

He's going to be nasty in Detroit. 

19 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

I liked Kerley - the coaches really didn't use him... he's a slot guy - that's his niche... and we use decker mostly for slot... so there was no real way for him to get a lot of reps

Can you guys actually say something of substance that describes what he did well?  He doesn't make people miss in space, doesn't have much agility, doesn't have breakaway speed, doesn't have above average hands, wasn't an above average route runner (decker DESTROYS him here and deserves to be in the slot because of it)...what exactly is his niche besides fair catching EVERY punt no matter what?

Kerley is 100% correct. The Jets CS somehow decided he wasn't worth using when the fact is, he was one of the best receivers we had on this roster for years. Kerley had great hands and was an integral part of the offense up until Chan Gailey decided he was allergic to him. Whatever was up the Jets CS A$$ makes no sense. Kerley is just another guy that was completely underutilized by some a$$hole coach that has no idea how to use players.

44 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I don't know what your angle is here, he complained about his playing time after the very first game of the season.  Complaining is complaining period.  I'm not saying he pulled a Santonio Holmes but he didn't have to say anything of the sort and be a company man.  

Secondly taking a chance and muffing the fair catch inside your 10 is exactly the stupid thing to do.  Yes you take the chance to have it roll into the endzone and start at the 20.  If you don't agree with that strategy its fine but fair catching it inside the 10 guarantees thats where you are starting from where as the punting unit has to make a play to save the ball from going in the endzone.  Most times the ball will get to the endzone.  Even Westhoff harped all over Kerley this past season for fair catching inside the 10.  Its not something you want to do.

If you really really like Kerley and think we lost something special thats fine but don't belittle me to do better like I have something to prove against you lol.  

Saying he wants to play is not complaining. I'd take 1,000 guys who want to play over 1,000 divas who just show up. Show me an actual complaint about a person or staff member. I'll wait.

Your vantage point on punts is wrong. Westhoff is a commentator now for a reason, he was a massively overrated coach, so that holds no water. I'll take the ball at the 7 rather than the 2. You wouldn't? It's just smart football. Fair catching inside the 10 is the thing to do, especially when your blocking is non-existant, as it was on punt returns for most of the season. He wasn't doing it blindly. There was purpose.

I'm not belittling you, I am belittling the invalid points you are trying to make. Do better and it won't seem so bad.

2 hours ago, smaxor5 said:

Can you guys actually say something of substance that describes what he did well?  He doesn't make people miss in space, doesn't have much agility, doesn't have breakaway speed, doesn't have above average hands, wasn't an above average route runner (decker DESTROYS him here and deserves to be in the slot because of it)...what exactly is his niche besides fair catching EVERY punt no matter what?

He has outstanding hands and runs great routes.  Bowles said he has some of the best hands he's ever seen.  He's a solid, move the chains receiver who can make very difficult catches.  When you have Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith throwing you the ball, you dont get the opportunity for YAC, so we dont know what he can do after the catch.

He's not a punt returner.  He's a solid 3rd down receiver who gets open.  He's perfect for the Lions.

If Decker or Marshall get hurt, the Jets are razor thin at WR. Kerley would have been a nice option, just like he was when Decker went down.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

He has outstanding hands and runs great routes.  Bowles said he has some of the best hands he's ever seen.  He's a solid, move the chains receiver who can make very difficult catches.  When you have Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith throwing you the ball, you dont get the opportunity for YAC, so we dont know what he can do after the catch.

He's not a punt returner.  He's a solid 3rd down receiver who gets open.  He's perfect for the Lions.

If Decker or Marshall get hurt, the Jets are razor thin at WR. Kerley would have been a nice option, just like he was when Decker went down.

Hold on Clyde Gates is always available.......

5 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Saying he wants to play is not complaining. I'd take 1,000 guys who want to play over 1,000 divas who just show up. Show me an actual complaint about a person or staff member. I'll wait.

Your vantage point on punts is wrong. Westhoff is a commentator now for a reason, he was a massively overrated coach, so that holds no water. I'll take the ball at the 7 rather than the 2. You wouldn't? It's just smart football. Fair catching inside the 10 is the thing to do, especially when your blocking is non-existant, as it was on punt returns for most of the season. He wasn't doing it blindly. There was purpose.

I'm not belittling you, I am belittling the invalid points you are trying to make. Do better and it won't seem so bad.

You should take your own advice and try harder next time, everything you state is of your opinion and not made from fact.  Westhoff is overrated by you, respected by the football community.  Think I'll side with him.  I'm done with you here though, I've made my points and there is no point in discussing further as neither of us will see eye to eye.

On March 29, 2016 at 2:03 PM, joewilly12 said:

Yes we did win 10 games with a very weak schedule, we beat 2 teams with winning records and we lost the last game of the season to Buffalo which was winnable costing us the playoffs. 

I dont measure success on wins and losses I measure it on making the playoffs and winning key games to get there. 

one of the teams with a winning record that we beat, the Patriots, played the game with reserves at wr, otherwise we get torched bad,

this could be an ugly year coming up, very ugly indeed.

4 hours ago, JiF said:

He has solid hands but he does not run great routes.  

I'll say it again because the other guys I said it to ignored it. Kerley did get his chance because of injury this year.  His way of proving himself?  6 grabs 33 yards and a garbage time TD against one of the worst secondaries in the league at the time.  Not really a nice option.

He. Is. A. JAG.

1 hour ago, JETSfaninNE said:

You should take your own advice and try harder next time, everything you state is of your opinion and not made from fact.  Westhoff is overrated by you, respected by the football community.  Think I'll side with him.  I'm done with you here though, I've made my points and there is no point in discussing further as neither of us will see eye to eye.

Wait. I voiced my opinion on a message board (which is the entire point of said message board) and you're mad? Mad on the Internet? Cool. 

We can agree to disagree but won't change the fact that I'm right. 

42 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Wait. I voiced my opinion on a message board (which is the entire point of said message board) and you're mad? Mad on the Internet? Cool. 

We can agree to disagree but won't change the fact that I'm right. 

Fellow Jets fans arguing over the teams lack of success. God Bless America

13 hours ago, Mogglez said:

He has solid hands but he does not run great routes.  

I'll say it again because the other guys I said it to ignored it. Kerley did get his chance because of injury this year.  His way of proving himself?  6 grabs 33 yards and a garbage time TD against one of the worst secondaries in the league at the time.  Not really a nice option.

He. Is. A. JAG.

That wasnt garbage time, that TD actually gave the Jets a chance but terrible clock management ruined it.  And that was also one of the worst QB'd games I've ever seen. 

And he scored.  That's exactly what you want to happen.  lmfao

21 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

lets recap, going to the press to let everyone know you demand the ball is NOT complaining? You think Kerley did a good job on STs? Westy is a commentator why?  I need a laugh, because he was massively overrated? 

Which invalid points are you disputing?  

early on he showed promise then he became a jaq-before bmarsh arrived and especially when decker was hurting he had chances to shine and failed miserably -he was not as effective as ultra scrubs like nelson

Archived