Tyrod Taylor Signing for $90+ Mil

Jet Nut

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ljr said:

So 2-0 = 90 Million $$$$$ ?!?!?!?

in that case what does 10-5 =  ... Is it > or < 12 Million ?

Absolutely nothing, I was just responding to the "Well played" part. 

I dont know how well it was played when Tyrod is undefeated against us and the Bills are undefeated the past 3 seasons. 

I didnt see anything well played in that scenario.

21 minutes ago, FreindlyFellow said:

This is a great signing by Rex. Taylor killed us last year, and he is going to kill us for years to come. I don't like Rex, but you have to give him mad props on finding Tyrod Taylor.

19 mil per year for the guy rated 26th right behind Fitz on the ESPN QB list. 

That was a great deal, but a 1 year 12 mil deal for Fitz is horrible. 

These are Tyrod's stats in the two games against us. Not bad but killed us? Sounds emotional to me. Which TD really was the worst one? The first one, or the...whoops their was only one. 

Tyrod Taylor 18/28 182 6.5 0 0 2-0 68.1 82.7
Tyrod Taylor 17/27 158 5.9 1 0 4-26 28.7 91.3

26 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

I thought Fitz lost those games single handedly...or was it Revis...Then it was Watkins...Now it's Tyrod.

Seems to be a fluid situation depending on what point you guys want to make.

I love it when these idiots say Tyrod beat Fitz. They think Football is a one on one sport. Fitz beat Luck, therefore he is a better QB. LOL

4 hours ago, JiF said:

Taylor is a stud.  Shame we cant find a franchise QB.

Oh wait, is this another point and laugh at our ex-Head Coach who swept us and knocked us out of the playoffs thread? 

Thread may be premature, but eventually Rex will fuck it up.  No trophies for sweeping your ex team. That being said I take Taylor all day every day over Firz. Wobble wobble wobble. 

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Tyrod Taylor is the truth, great signing by the Bills.  I wish our QB only threw 6 INT's last year.  Imagine how good he would be if he didn't have Rex holding him back.

Helps when you only throw 375 or so passes.  Another 250 like others and the number would be different. 

4 hours ago, Mecca said:

How does this correlate? Both players play extremely different styles of QB? What did you add to this thread except making it about bashing Geno and Geno fans?

Your correlation with Geno/TT is leading me to believe you're making this a race issue. smh.

There are one trick posters who just can't help thinking every thread about QBs is an opportunity to bring up Geno, bash him and fans.  Morons actually who can't discuss the position logically so they just rip away

And at the hint of their guy getting put down are deeply offended.  Interesting phenomenon 

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Tyrod Taylor with Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, Forte, and a healthy D Smith would be bananas.

Says who?  His strength is running and working off broken plays.  Not like his WRs sucked in Bufallo 

1 hour ago, NYs Stepchild said:

These are Tyrod's stats in the two games against us. Not bad but killed us? Sounds emotional to me. Which TD really was the worst one? The first one, or the...whoops their was only one. 

The rushing TD in the 2nd game along with his 51 rushing yards was the real killer.

6 hours ago, Mecca said:

Tyrod is a good QB. Perfect for someone like Rex.

However, signing him going into his contract year was a bad idea. Let him perform on a contract year. If he flails, you cut him, if he kills it you tag him. Don't kill the motivation of money.

Agree with all you said except I would add Taylor is a very good QB on the verge of being a top 10 star QB .

He could have been a UFA in 2017 and I was hoping we would have considered signing him. As for the 90 mil if he bombs in 2016 the Bills can buy him out for 10 mil. They're no strangers to giving out a good starters contract and having a Qb underperform notably with Fitz. And Fitz didn't get the true value of that contract he only ended up with around 17 mil. The guy was very good last year and the Bills didn't want to lose him. And that's what starting NFL Qbs make. It's a reasonable contract. 

Agree with all you said except I would add Taylor is a very good QB on the verge of being a top 10 star QB .

I'd say he's a more mobile Alex Smith and that's a very solid QB when you have an elite defense and run game. However, Buffalo's defense was far from elite last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

The Fitz deal is reasonable and so is the T-Mobile deal.  I'd gladly like the jets to give him $90 mil if he could be the Qb with this roster

If you get Taylor he's game ready and had his training with the Ravens and Buff. You don't have to break him in and lose games like you might with Hack. I liked him in college and you've got to give Rex and the Bills a lot of credit for giving this guy a chance to start. You always have to take a chance with any big contract. Like we did with Wilk. They didn't want to give Taylor that deal and neither did the Jets with Mo. 

7 hours ago, Mecca said:

How does this correlate? Both players play extremely different styles of QB? What did you add to this thread except making it about bashing Geno and Geno fans?

Your correlation with Geno/TT is leading me to believe you're making this a race issue. smh.

Really, what was the 1st clue ?  Some of these folks are perpetuating bigotry and infecting their off springs with that garbage  . 

6 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Absolutely nothing, I was just responding to the "Well played" part. 

I dont know how well it was played when Tyrod is undefeated against us and the Bills are undefeated the past 3 seasons. 

I didnt see anything well played in that scenario.

The "well played" response was simply commending the poster I responded to for his sarcasm directed towards you and your fellow Geno salad tossing secret handshake club brethren.

my further coment below was calling you out for your hippocracy in commending a 2-0 record from Tyron vs. NY Jets (along with I believe a 4-10 record vs. everyone else) as meaning he deserves over $90 Million bucks ... Yet having a problem with our starting QB, who went 10-5, getting only 12 mil for this year.

Dude ... Get it together bro ... Otherwise you're just sounding JW12 foolish

8 hours ago,  ljr said: 

8 hours ago, KRL said:

This is a deal which gets Taylor a nice $$$ boost this year but gets him cut before
next year.  Because only a dumb team would pay him $27.5 million.  Typical NFL deal
where the agent brags about what he got his client but in reality it's "fluff"

For what purpose? The Bills had him under contract through 2018 at a lower number and no real answer for QB behind Taylor next year. Manuel lost out to Taylor last year. They drafted Cardale Jones but--that's a tremendous gamble that a fourth round pick matures in a year. I guess there's an argument that now the Bills aren't tied to the cap hits on 2017 and 2018 under his former contract. However, that means they pretty much have to cut him or eat a huge contract if Cardale Jones isn't ready to start. That's a terrible decision to make having only been around Cardale Jones for a few months. Tough to imagine Jones has done so much in so little time that they are all but ready to dump Taylor. 

Bills might have to be that dumb team to pay him $27.5MM next year.

13 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

The Geno guys love this signing. This is a good sign for our Jets!

Taylor and geno are much better qbs than the jay fielders and other weak arm slow qbs like that.. Fielder may have been the most weak pathetic qbs in history of NFL..he had zero toughness.   Watching the dolfins tonight reminded me how terrible fielder was.. 

17 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Update: The Bills announced on their official website that they've agreed to a long-term extension with Tyrod Taylor. According to Tim Graham of the Buffalo News, the deal runs six years and is worth $90 million, but could be worth more with incentives. The contract also contains team options. 

That gives Taylor an average annual salary of $15 million, just south of the Andy Dalton contract described in the story below. The more telling figure will be the guaranteed portion of Taylor's deal, which has yet to be reported.

When the Buffalo Bills signed Tyrod Taylor last offseason, it wasn't necessarily with the idea that he'd end up as their starting quarterback. Taylor won a preseason competition against EJ Manuel and Matt Cassel, though, then had a very solid first campaign as a starter. He completed 63.4 percent of his passes at 8.0 yards per attempt while throwing 20 touchdowns against only six interceptions. 

Now, it appears the Bills are on the verge of locking him down long-term. Multiple reports indicated that he will soon sign an extension that could run as long as six years. 

It will be very interesting to see the final numbers on a potential Taylor contract. Other than Robert Griffin III, every starting quarterback that is signed for multiple years and isn't still on his rookie deal has an average salary of at least $16 million per season, per Spotrac. Taylor, though, has far less experience and a much shorter track record than any of those players.

It's possible his deal could have an average salary near that range, yet carry a lower guarantee figure, like the contract the Bengals gave Andy Dalton. Dalton's six-year, $96 million contract averages $16 million per year, but only $17 million total was guaranteed. Only 17.71 percent of Dalton's contract value was guaranteed. Compare that to the other veteran quarterbacks, who averaged 57.1 percent guarantees. 

Taylor seems likely to be closer to the Dalton end of the spectrum based on his career to date, but considering Graham's report that the Bills are "all-in," maybe we should be ready for a more typical long-term starting QB contract.

Week.

6 hours ago, ljr said:

The "well played" response was simply commending the poster I responded to for his sarcasm directed towards you and your fellow Geno salad tossing secret handshake club brethren.

my further coment below was calling you out for your hippocracy in commending a 2-0 record from Tyron vs. NY Jets (along with I believe a 4-10 record vs. everyone else) as meaning he deserves over $90 Million bucks ... Yet having a problem with our starting QB, who went 10-5, getting only 12 mil for this year.

Dude ... Get it together bro ... Otherwise you're just sounding JW12 foolish

I apologize, I thought clearly stating that giving Tyron a 6 year 90 million dollar contract was a bad idea really did mean that giving Tyron a 6 year 90 million dollar contract was a bad idea. 

17 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I like Taylor but Im not sure if I would have given him this deal at this time. The Bills should have let him play out this year first. 

I wouldnt be surprised if this Taylor ends up being a good QB, though he hasnt proven it yet. Dont know why you would sign Taylor to 6/$90 when you basically have your HC on the hotseat (Playoffs or bust).

This^^^^ is what makes the Bills a circus. 

IF he "proved it" then you have no problem paying the 120. If he isnt the guy then they're clowns for giving 6/$90 million. I havent looked at the specifics, but numbers in general, on top of the fact that the Bills basically put Rex on the hotseat, its ridiculous. What happens if he doesnt pan out and Rex needs to be fired? You just tied up that money in a QB that you probably dont want and a new HC will most likely want to replace. 

In otherwords, they didnt have to do it...especially if 30 million dollars was a concern. If you can come to the conclusion that he's legit then you'd gladly give that 30 million extra. 

I think so as well, though he should have gotten the Kirk cousins treatment just to be certain. 

He does throw one of the best deep passes in the league, especially while on the run. 

I guess being able to talk about Tyrod Taylor and his contract WITHOUT mentioning Jets quarterbacks or bashing Jets fans is JW12 foolish. I thought this would clear up your "2-0 Tyrod to 10-5 FItz" comparison, though in all reallity it would be a 2-0 Tyrod to 0-2 FItz comparison....though I know how to hold a conversation and stay on topic in the thread without having to take shots at our quarterbacks by repping comments that werent clever when reading the statement and looking at the Bills/Jets head to head record, or making a comparison with another Jets QB making the assumption that someone is being hypocritical when if you sat and read my comments pertaining to the TOPIC you'd come to find out that not only was this not JW12 foolish, but the only people here that continues to talk about a certain QB every chance they get are pretty much the FItz beard tugging Harvard impressed fans. I wouldnt know anything about you and potential salad tossing history, thats your personal life and something that I shouldnt really want to know or be interested in talking about publicly if I did. Im mature enough to know that saying JW12 foolish things like that truly dont win debates. Being able to quote myself does though. 

But again, I apologize. Maybe I should have been even more clearer with Tyrod's contract stance, though I really dont know how to be any more clearer. Obviously saying that he should have gotten the "Kirk treatment", making him "prove it" and the Bills "should have had him prove it another year" is not clear enough for people infatuated by the blond beard along with repping sarcastic comments that when you put to the test, make no sense given that Tyrod is undefeated against the Jets as a Bill and was a contributing factor for why we didnt make the playoffs last year. 

Fitz is our QB, no need to be insecure. Lets keep it on topic and stop assuming talking about "hypocrites" when I've made it very clear that giving him that contract wasnt the best, just like I did with FItz in older Fitz discussions (regarding a multi year deal) because "neither one" proved it by going to the playoffs. :-) 

Carry on ljr.

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I apologize, I thought clearly stating that giving Tyron a 6 year 90 million dollar contract was a bad idea really did mean that giving Tyron a 6 year 90 million dollar contract was a bad idea. 

I guess being able to talk about Tyrod Taylor and his contract WITHOUT mentioning Jets quarterbacks or bashing Jets fans is JW12 foolish. I thought this would clear up your "2-0 Tyrod to 10-5 FItz" comparison, though in all reallity it would be a 2-0 Tyrod to 0-2 FItz comparison....though I know how to hold a conversation and stay on topic in the thread without having to take shots at our quarterbacks by repping comments that werent clever when reading the statement and looking at the Bills/Jets head to head record, or making a comparison with another Jets QB making the assumption that someone is being hypocritical when if you sat and read my comments pertaining to the TOPIC you'd come to find out that not only was this not JW12 foolish, but the only people here that continues to talk about a certain QB every chance they get are pretty much the FItz beard tugging Harvard impressed fans. I wouldnt know anything about you and potential salad tossing history, thats your personal life and something that I shouldnt really want to know or be interested in talking about publicly if I did. Im mature enough to know that saying JW12 foolish things like that truly dont win debates. Being able to quote myself does though. 

But again, I apologize. Maybe I should have been even more clearer with Tyrod's contract stance, though I really dont know how to be any more clearer. Obviously saying that he should have gotten the "Kirk treatment", making him "prove it" and the Bills "should have had him prove it another year" is not clear enough for people infatuated by the blond beard along with repping sarcastic comments that when you put to the test, make no sense given that Tyrod is undefeated against the Jets as a Bill and was a contributing factor for why we didnt make the playoffs last year. 

Fitz is our QB, no need to be insecure. Lets keep it on topic and stop assuming talking about "hypocrites" when I've made it very clear that giving him that contract wasnt the best, just like I did with FItz in older Fitz discussions (regarding a multi year deal) because "neither one" proved it by going to the playoffs. :-) 

Carry on ljr.

Apology accepted

Archived