Rob Ninkovich suspended 4 games for PEDS

smaxor5

More bad news for Patriots standout Rob Ninkovich as he has been suspended four games for a violation of the league’s policy on performance enhancing drugs, as Mike Reiss of ESPN.comwrites.Rob Ninkovich (vertical)

Few things are more important to me than my name and reputation. This might call that into question for some, which has me heartbroken,” the linebacker/defensive end told Reiss. “I don’t want to cut any corners. I want to do things the right way, with high integrity, and that’s what I have always wanted to stand for.”

Ninkovich was already slated to miss several weeks to start the season after suffering a torn triceps injury. Because of that, he is not necessarily missing any additional time. He will, however, be docked roughly 25% of his base salary.

The 32-year-old insists that he would never knowingly take an illegal substance. It is not immediately clear whether he plans to appeal.

Any supplement I’ve ever used was bought at a store. I was unaware something I bought had a substance in it that would give me a positive test because it wasn’t listed [as an ingredient],” he told ESPN.

Cheaters gonna cheat!

http://www.profootballrumors.com/2016/09/patriots-rob-ninkovich-suspended

5 minutes ago, smaxor5 said:

More bad news for Patriots standout Rob Ninkovich as he has been suspended four games for a violation of the league’s policy on performance enhancing drugs, as Mike Reiss of ESPN.comwrites.Rob Ninkovich (vertical)

Few things are more important to me than my name and reputation. This might call that into question for some, which has me heartbroken,” the linebacker/defensive end told Reiss. “I don’t want to cut any corners. I want to do things the right way, with high integrity, and that’s what I have always wanted to stand for.”

Ninkovich was already slated to miss several weeks to start the season after suffering a torn triceps injury. Because of that, he is not necessarily missing any additional time. He will, however, be docked roughly 25% of his base salary.

The 32-year-old insists that he would never knowingly take an illegal substance. It is not immediately clear whether he plans to appeal.

Any supplement I’ve ever used was bought at a store. I was unaware something I bought had a substance in it that would give me a positive test because it wasn’t listed [as an ingredient],” he told ESPN.

Cheaters gonna cheat!

http://www.profootballrumors.com/2016/09/patriots-rob-ninkovich-suspended

A Patriot cheating?  Gee what a surprise. 

Most dishonest, morally corrupt organization in the history of professional sports. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Who is that Mingo?  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL 

Laugh all you want -- the guy suddenly looks like the rich man's Bruce Irvin now that he is surrounded by a decent team with a competent coaching staff.  Barring injury, he will easily get 10+ sacks this season. 

Just now, AFCEastFan said:

Laugh all you want -- the guy suddenly looks like the rich man's Bruce Irvin now that he is surrounded by a decent team with a competent coaching staff.  Barring injury, he will easily get 10+ sacks this season. 

I am all for optimism for ones own team but that is a a ridiculous assumption. I see 4 maybe  5 which would be  fantastic for what Mingo has done so far in his career.

9 minutes ago, jdeacon said:

I am all for optimism for ones own team but that is a a ridiculous assumption. I see 4 maybe  5 which would be  fantastic for what Mingo has done so far in his career.

Really a prediction more than an assumption.  The guy is just 25, still appears to have every bit of the athleticism that made him a top-10 pick, went from a terrible team environment to a very stable one, is going to be the team's primary pass rusher out of the gate given the injuries and/or suspensions to Sheard and Ninkovich, and is in a contract year.  

2 minutes ago, AFCEastFan said:

Really a prediction more than an assumption.  The guy is just 25, still appears to have every bit of the athleticism that made him a top-10 pick, went from a terrible team environment to a very stable one, is going to be the team's primary pass rusher out of the gate given the injuries and/or suspensions to Sheard and Ninkovich, and is in a contract year.  

I would try not to get too over excited about his performance so far ... most of the guys trying to block him in that game will be trying to master flipping burgers next week.

5 minutes ago, jamesr said:

I would try not to get too over excited about his performance so far ... most of the guys trying to block him in that game will be trying to master flipping burgers next week.

Very true.  He will have to prove he can perform against non-scrubs (and maybe he will fail miserably when that happens).  But he will get plenty of chances to do so given the Pats' current roster make-up.  And there are plenty of defensive players who will be earning regular season pay checks this year who are incapable of dominating even the league's future burger-flippers the way Mingo did last night. 

Where are the Pat defenders out here with their usual...

"You guys are pathetic, everyone is doing it and it is no big deal"

Indeed their own fans think that is was reported now so as to not hurt the Pats so much.  Look at what one fan on Patfan.com said:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/nink-facing-4-game-suspension.1132997/

"This is The payoff Kraft was looking for for not fighting the NFL.
Kraft and Goodell Like Batman and Robin."

At the end of the day the Pats have hurt their own reputation day in and day out from murderers, to taping, to drugs. their a joke!

1 hour ago, AFCEastFan said:

Translation, a top 10 pick looked better playing against the Giants 3rd stringers in the 4th preseason game.  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Translation, a top 10 pick looked better playing against the Giants 3rd stringers in the 4th preseason game.  

That is fair, but he looked real good. Plus, this is his contract year and should be motivated.  I hope he earns himself a huge contract next year.  ;)

1 hour ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Ninkovich you dirty player you! You should be more like Sheldon Richardson from the jets!

It was only 143mph with his nephew.  Not that bad.

Archived