Ryan Fitzpatrick: Jets are better than last year, and so am I

ARodJetsFan

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Would be great. However, I'm looking at Forte as 3rd option in pass game. That's why he is here. Not for his rushing. He was pretty weak as a runner statistically last season, especially on short yardage. However, as a receiver out of the backfield and even in the slot, he's still as good as it gets.

I agree, that's another chain mover that has to be on the same page. Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, Robby and Forte all on the field at the same time is dangerous. I expect this offense to click early and be a top 10 unit again..no reason they shouldn't be.

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

worst fans ever ! Only Idiot Jets fans can take a positive piece like that and sh*t on it instead of getting pumped for the season.

There are fans on here hoping for a winless season.

5 hours ago, KRL said:

Great, now go out and be better than 2015.  Nothing would make me happier than Fitzpatrick continuing on
the road to becoming the 2016 version of Rich Gannon.  I've been skeptical of him and I'll be glad if he
shuts me up, a couple of keys will be:

- Having a completion percentage over 60%.  With this crew of receivers it would be criminal if he can't
accomplish this

- Developing chemistry with EVERY receiver and not just Marshall  

I hear what you are saying but 60% is somewhat dependent on the offensive line too I think.

8 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Which means what?? We'll get near the playoffs until you blow it again?

back it up big boy. Talk is cheap.

Yeah better to say "gosh I don't know I've never been there before so I really doubt I can."

I mean just admit you're doing the same thing with everything Fitz does or says that you argue others do to Geno. Bias isn't necessarily a bad thing, but lack of self-awareness is.

7 hours ago, KRL said:

- Developing chemistry with EVERY receiver and not just Marshall  

lol wut 

In the 2015 season Eric Decker had his best season as a Jet yet, with 12 touchdowns and over 1000 receiving yards. He and Brandon Marshall both broke the NFL record for most touchdowns by a receiving tandem. (Previously held by Cris Carter and Randy Moss.)

5 hours ago, j4jets said:

Well Fitz, you sure as sh*t didn't look better in the PS. 

Matthew Stafford had 0 TD passed this preseason. 

Cam Newton had 1 but completed only 55% of his passes. 

Brady didn't hit 55%. 

Matt Ryan didn't hit 50%. 

Andrew Luck had 0 TD passes. 

So did Cutler and Palmer. Neither completed over 55% of their passes either. 

Everyone panic! 

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Yeah better to say "gosh I don't know I've never been there before so I really doubt I can."

I mean just admit you're doing the same thing with everything Fitz does or says that you argue others do to Geno. Bias isn't necessarily a bad thing, but lack of self-awareness is.

Disagree....  we as fans have a right to say anything we want in most cases.  He held out, demanded a big pay day, this comes with the territory. Im not biased at all, Im a realist. We paid a LOT of money for a journeyman.  Now, hes a jouneyman with a big mouth.  For me, I am very self aware that FITZ is a plug in a whole and no one expects the plug to last very long.  

11 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Disagree....  we as fans have a right to say anything we want in most cases.  He held out, demanded a big pay day, this comes with the territory. Im not biased at all, Im a realist. We paid a LOT of money for a journeyman.  Now, hes a jouneyman with a big mouth.  For me, I am very self aware that FITZ is a plug in a whole and no one expects the plug to last very long.  

If he was a plumber it's a lot of money. For a QB we paid bottom 12 starter money. In other words, we paid exactly for what he is.

11 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

He didn't hold out. He was never under contract. 

How do you know the pay day he demanded? 

12 million for a starting QB is not a lot of money for one year. 

He's also the QB who broke records, made this team a legitimate threat for the playoffs last year, and made football on Sundays exciting again for the first time in years. 

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He didn't hold out. He was never under contract. 

How do you know the pay day he demanded? 

12 million for a starting QB is not a lot of money for one year. 

He's also the QB who broke records, made this team a legitimate threat for the playoffs last year, and made football on Sundays exciting again for the first time in years. 

You make a key point I neglected. Even if we paid a premium on a one year deal, we got something for our money: flexibility to move on at the end of the season with no cap killing consequences. One year deals are almost always team-friendly. This is why players hate being franchised tagged. Sure they usually make more money in one year than they would make per year in a long term deal but security is everything to players of a sport where careers can end with one hit.

16 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

worst fans ever ! Only Idiot Jets fans can take a positive piece like that and sh*t on it instead of getting pumped for the season.

That is a bit harsh considering Fitz hasn't looked to good yet this year.  I think 90% + of us are pumped.  IMHO, unless Fitz regresses very badly the floor is 8-8 and we've got a legit shot at the post season.    

That is a bit harsh considering Fitz hasn't looked to good yet this year.  I think 90% + of us are pumped.  IMHO, unless Fitz regresses very badly the floor is 8-8 and we've got a legit shot at the post season.    

I think it's the Vinny effect. Twice in my life have I felt like we were legit contenders entering the season. One of them ended in a consecutive AFC title appearance and the other ended in a heap with a torn Achilles on opening day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

I think it's the Vinny effect. Twice in my life have I felt like we were legit contenders entering the season. One of them ended in a consecutive AFC title appearance and the other ended in a heap with a torn Achilles on opening day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You didn't feel that way in 2010?  I did.  But this is for another thread. 

Archived