DE/OLB O'Brien Schofield is visiting the Jets Thursday.

jbt

ESPN's Adam Caplan reports free agent DE/OLB O'Brien Schofield is visiting the Jets Thursday.

The veteran said he had "good" offers on the table in May, but he did not really get any serious interest on the open market. The Jets are desperate for veteran help at outside linebacker, however, and Schofield could end up being a good fit.

11 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

Ugh..

it's always something. I'm starting to thinks they're worried about Mauldin too.

And maybe no Jenkins, who looked So promising early on. Arrrrgh

I am worried about Mauldin too

he did not look good at all in that last PS game and he was playing against 3rd stringers for some of it

12 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

Ugh..

it's always something. I'm starting to thinks they're worried about Mauldin too.

And maybe no Jenkins, who looked So promising early on. Arrrrgh

Gotta take the long view on stuff like this.  If they're going to have a time where they need to handle their nicks and bruises, now is that time rather than later in the season when they have more defined roles.

By the way..... how are we affording to bring in players?

According to Jason @ OTC here's where we're at

Total Cap Liabilities: $159,123,781 (Top 51: $140,831,285)
Offense: $58,449,433 Defense: $66,838,469 Special: $4,744,782
Team Salary Cap: $157,172,469
Team Cap Space: ($1,951,312) 
This # includes $1.2m for practice squad

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

By the way..... how are we affording to bring in players?

According to Jason @ OTC here's where we're at

Total Cap Liabilities: $159,123,781 (Top 51: $140,831,285)
Offense: $58,449,433 Defense: $66,838,469 Special: $4,744,782
Team Salary Cap: $157,172,469
Team Cap Space: ($1,951,312) 
This # includes $1.2m for practice squad

I don't think the OTC numbers are right.  Looks like they have Kenbrell Thompkins on IR, taking up $1.6MM space. Pretty sure he was released outright and should not count against the cap at all.  Not sure what, if anything else, might be off in their numbers.  I prefer Spotrac for cap numbers, I think they are more accurate.  They have us at $400K over the cap.  Might be a transaction or two that have not yet been made public that gets us under the cap -- a restructuring or maybe an injury settlement.

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

I don't think the OTC numbers are right.  Looks like they have Kenbrell Thompkins on IR, taking up $1.6MM space. Pretty sure he was released outright and should not count against the cap at all.  Not sure what, if anything else, might be off in their numbers.  I prefer Spotrac for cap numbers, I think they are more accurate.  They have us at $400K over the cap.  Might be a transaction or two that have not yet been made public that gets us under the cap -- a restructuring or maybe an injury settlement.

Good to know.... Thanks.

How about those Mets Lith?

I'm sensing some good MOJO coming out on Flushing these days.

Don't know how far we can go against the likes of Nats, Cubs, Dodgers.... but you never know?

59 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

We should sign Derrick Brooks, amirite?

He's older than dirt 

35 minutes ago, thshadow said:

Wouldn't this guy be someone we're more likely to sign after week 1, so we don't have to guarantee his salary for the full season?

We need to win week 1 

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Good to know.... Thanks.

How about those Mets Lith?

I'm sensing some good MOJO coming out on Flushing these days.

Don't know how far we can go against the likes of Nats, Cubs, Dodgers.... but you never know?

Considering where we were just 3 weeks ago, I would be happy to get a shot at knocking any of them off.

10 hours ago, Harlemnite1 said:

We should have drafted a more versatile LB then lol.

I'm going by his official designation ... with the multiple fronts that we'll likely see, he'll be much more of a "moneybacker" than a true ILB / OLB.

Anyway, he already has his own positional designation courtesy of this board - Tinybacker. :D 

Archived