Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Facts.  

"Excuses" is blaming Fitz for a loss that wasn't on him, thus excusing the actual culprits, Folks, Revis/Skrine & Co., and Marshall.

Funny thing is I never said he lost the game, just that he's hot garbage hence the thread title. What was his stat line today? Oh yeah just over 50% and under 200 yards in a league that has changed the rule to favor passing and scoring. He's 80's Staten Island Fresh Kills kind of stank...

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Keep repeating it, only makes you look dumber every time you say it about today's game.

I'm not laying the blame completely at Fitzpatrick's feet, but he was not good today. Not at all. You're the one making excessive excuses for "his guy." If you wanna look less dumb, just admit your $12M QB didn't live up to his pay today. 

9 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

From the biggest Fitz cockgobbler and you still do not get it. People are ANTI FITZ not pro Geno. Unlike you they realize the is a cockgobbler of epic proportions at QB.

And he is also the reason we had a single TO when it mattered.

He is awful. Plan and simple/

Your posts are definitely worse. Plain and simple.

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Meanwhile, a rookie QB, starting without really playing in the preseason, from a spread offense that needs a "red shirt year" looked better than Fitz ever has today.

Start Petty. He will play better than the bearded fraud

Wentz looked great today. His deep ball is magic. 

Fitz wasn't good enough today, no.  We needed and should have gotten more.  The Red Zone failures to push it in are tough to stomach.

This is almost exactly like the last few years of Chad, no? Eerily similar. The QB completes a bunch of passes, puts up a decent rating, the team scores 20-23 points and we all blame other people because the QB rating says it can't be the QB

47 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

We had quite a few redzone drives where we could have put this game away with touchdowns. Unfortunately this thread will come down to how Geno Smith sucks and fieldgoal attempts when we should be scoring TD's in the redzone.  We should have put up 30 points in this game 

Forget Geno Smith, he has nothing to do with this. The defense let us down today as did the horrible play calling in the RZ yet again, plain and simple.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

This is almost exactly like the last few years of Chad, no? Eerily similar. The QB completes a bunch of passes, puts up a decent rating, the team scores 20-23 points and we all blame other people because the QB rating says it can't be the QB

Yep and I hated that version of Pennington too. Pre injury Pennington was a different player.

Just now, Embrace the Suck said:

Funny thing is I never said he lost the game, just that he's hot garbage hence the thread title. What was his stat line today? Oh yeah just over 50% and under 200 yards in a league that has changed the rule to favor passing and scoring. He's 80's Staten Island Fresh Kills kind of stank...

Warfish likes to pretend that he's really super smart, but his brain is completely binary. Yes/no, smart/dumb, Fitz/Geno, right/wrong, etc. No room for critical thinking, just a simple either/or. Sometimes answers are more complex than that, however. Sometimes Revis can get beat like a drum and Fitz can still suck. It happens. 

Just now, slats said:

I'm not laying the blame completely at Fitzpatrick's feet, but he was not good today. If you wanna look less dumb, just admit your $12M QB didn't live up to his pay today. 

To answer your lame and predictable strawman, yes Fitz wasn't good enough (already said that elsewhere) and yes we need to play better.  Alot better if this D-backfield continues to play this poorly.

But no, it's not "excuses" to lay blame where it rightfully belongs for today's specific loss, the "entire loss wasn't on Fitz" as has been the argument from Geno's Hordes thus far, and yes, Folk, Marshall and Revis/Skrine cost us the win today.

****s sake, one FG and we win today.  Did Fitz hold it?  /smh 

I don't know about hot garbage, but he didn't get the job done. Which is what you need from your star quarterback... Every game has things that don't go your way. No one's served a W on silver platter. Same old jets under Ryan Fitzpatrick. Win some, lose some - and meandering along the way. 

Folks, if we have a defense that can't hold a lead with 3 minutes left in the game or gives up TD drives when the opposing offense starts 90 yards from the end zone, it will be a long year. Sacks are great, but giving up multiple 50 yards plays including one on a 3rd and 22. Dream about getting a better QB but until that happens, play the f•ck better. And what the hell happened to Nick Folk. Misses from 19 yards and a PAT on consecutive kicks. In a game that went right down to the wire. Not only does Nugent nail a high pressure 48 yarder, but the Bengals successfully rush out their field goal unit with 10 seconds to go and no timeouts. And look at AJ Green making clutch play after play. Anyone surprised in our final hurrah by the terrible drop my Brandon and the final pick? Another year, same old sh#t....

To answer your lame and predictable strawman, yes Fitz wasn't good enough (already said that elsewhere) and yes we need to play better.  Alot better if this D-backfield continues to play this poorly.

But no, it's not "excuses" to lay blame where it rightfully belongs for today's specific loss, the "entire loss wasn't on Fitz" as has been the argument from Geno's Hordes thus far, and yes, Folk, Marshall and Revis/Skrine cost us the win today.

****s sake, one FG and we win today.  Did Fitz hold it?  /smh 

How was my response "strawman"? 

Thanks in advance. 

15 minutes ago, Cornbx said:

There were a number of things that lost the game, as many of my forum family have already mentioned, but when you hold out for more money then get a chance to show your worth the dough you can't come up small.  Fitz had a chance to be the hero and like always he couldn't get it done.  He will always be remembered as a second rate QB.  We can't win a division or even a playoff game with this guy at the helm. 

Wait a minute....even though I'd personally rather see Petty at this point over Fitz because Fitz is what he is, did Fitz hit Marshall in the hands on that last drive or did he not? Perfect pass? Nope...but it should have been caught.  We'd have been on the 50 with like 35 sec left..not a sure thing, but you can get 15-17 yds and kick a 50 yd FG in 35 sec.

34 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

People keep pointing to mistakes to take the blame away from Fitz.

It's not the lack of mistakes it's the lack of QB production that cost the Jets this game.  

Revis and Folk will get all the blame but how do we score just 20 points with arguably the best group of weapons in the NFL at home with our defense mostly playing well

53 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Folks kicks an easy FG, or Marshall catches a catchable ball, and we won today.

Jets Pass D isn't a pile of exploitable sh*t, we also win today.

Fully expect the Geno obsessed same old same old folks to blame Fitz, it's all they know.  We'll hear it after every loss, regardless of the facts.

But this loss is on the backs of alot of folks before it gets to Fitz.

The Stupidity never fails .

Finding it hard to read a lot of the crap posted here.

Folk and the Defense giving up big plays on missed assignments along with a few huge drops at the end cost us this game not Fitzpatrick.

I was a little surprised Gailey didn't go deep more like we did last year to open up the stuff underneath the Bengals D played us tight all game and needed to be challenged deep. Either way if you have to look at what cost us not blowing this team completely out early is was some really dumb football that needs to be corrected. Sometimes you have to abandon the blitz and double cover a guy like Green especially when your front was just destroying the Bengals O line. 99. 92 and 96 were unstoppable.

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Marshall catches the ball, we're probably having a different conversation right now. That said, Fitz isn't good enough. We can argue about the degrees by which he's not, but what we just saw is the exact reason no one else wanted him.

way to contradict yourself all in the same sentence.

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Folk and the Defense giving up big plays on missed assignments along with a few huge drops at the end cost us this game not Fitzpatrick.

I was a little surprised Gailey didn't go deep more like we did last year to open up the stuff underneath the Bengals D played us tight all game and needed to be challenged deep. Either way if you have to look at what cost us not blowing this team completely out early is was some really dumb football that needs to be corrected. Sometimes you have to abandon the blitz and double cover a guy like Green especially when your front was just destroying the Bengals O line. 99. 92 and 96 were unstoppable.

It also amazes me how we continually let single players like Green beat us (remembering Watkins from last year) over and over and over with out making any adjustment what so ever. Its just mind numbingly dumb and even harder to watch

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I appreciate you trying to appeal to cooler heads -- but you're flat out wrong about a couple things. 

1-- Defense sat on our routes, meaning the only way to beat them through air would have been to push the ball deep - which Fitz CAN'T... get used to that. You're going to see defense do that ALL year. 

2-- Nobody gets handed a WIN on a silver platter pablo. At the end of the day, it's up to your over payed QB to overcome things like botched PATs, and blocked FGs. You think a missed PAT would stop rogers from winning a game? lol gtfo. 

Fitz's record was 7-34 vs .500 or better teams. Now it's 7-35. #trending

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I appreciate you trying to appeal to cooler heads -- but you're flat out wrong about a couple things. 

1-- Defense sat on our routes, meaning the only way to beat them through air would have been to push the ball deep - which Fitz CAN'T... get used to that. You're going to see defense do that ALL year. 

2-- Nobody gets handed a WIN on a silver platter pablo. At the end of the day, it's up to your over payed QB to overcome things like botched PATs, and blocked FGs. You think a missed PAT would stop rogers from winning a game? lol gtfo. 

He was so scared to throw the ball today you could literally feel it. 

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Did you watch this team last year ??? Did you see how many times Fitz threw the ball deep to open thing up underneath or do you just make sh*t like this up then use past sh*tty teams our QB played for as the basis for your argument ?

Sorry but saying Fitz cant throw deep is a really dumb statement or its just plain ignorant. He's thrown the ball deep 50-55 yards plus plenty of times to open things up last year and from what I have seen in this first game his arm looked just fine. As the QB calling the game even stated over and over.

Somebody get me a super cut of Maccagnan saying that Hack is a project spliced with these Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz highlights 

Browning Nagle threw for 366 yards on opening day and...

Still Prescott looks like a keeper today.

Just now, Smashmouth said:

Did you watch this team last year ??? Did you see how many times Fitz threw the ball deep to open thing up underneath or do you just make sh*t like this up then use past sh*tty teams our QB played for as the basis for your argument ?

Sorry but saying Fitz cant throw deep is a really dumb statement or its just plain ignorant. He's thrown the ball deep 50-55 yards plus plenty of times to open things up last year and from what I have seen in this first game his arm looked just fine. As the QB calling the game even stated over and over.

sorry, you're wrong. I understand what you're trying to say, it just isn't accurate. 

Somebody get me a super cut of Maccagnan saying that Hack is a project spliced with these Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz highlights 

Was going to hold off, but the fact that Prescott looks at least adequate and we took a 2nd round QB who's not even good enough to be 3rd string is the real loss today...

Archived