Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Did you watch this team last year ??? Did you see how many times Fitz threw the ball deep to open thing up underneath or do you just make sh*t like this up then use past sh*tty teams our QB played for as the basis for your argument ?

Sorry but saying Fitz cant throw deep is a really dumb statement or its just plain ignorant. He's thrown the ball deep 50-55 yards plus plenty of times to open things up last year and from what I have seen in this first game his arm looked just fine. As the QB calling the game even stated over and over.

Forget the distance, how was the hang time? 

Just now, JiF said:

Oh looks it's Mr. I don't know what I'm talking about but I defend the worst QBs of all time. 

JIF stop making up bullsh*t to back an argument. Once again this team lost a game it should have won and the entire team was responsible but rather talking about that your infinite football brain focuses on Fitz because of a few really dumb statements you made a few weeks ago.  Fitz drove us up the field to take the lead and if Marshall does not have yet another huge drop we probably win this football game.

Just now, slats said:

Forget the distance, how was the hang time? 

once again deep balls are about timing and have a purpose since they are only completed at about a 10% rate in the NFL sorry some of you guys cantr understand the nuances of the game but I'm not going over this again :)

Just now, drdetroit said:

We have arguably the best group of receivers in the NFL, forte still effective and Powell a nice #2 Rb yet we are stuck dinking and dunking

we never tried to stretch the field today and Gailey actually did that a lot last year not sure why he opted not to do so this game.

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

JIF stop making up bullsh*t to back an argument. Once again this team lost a game it should have won and the entire team was responsible but rather talking about that your infinite football brain focuses on Fitz because of a few really dumb statements you made a few weeks ago.  Fitz drove us up the field to take the lead and if Marshall does not have yet another huge drop we probably win this football game.

Read my posts you sexy beast.  I have given blame to all the appropriate parties.  Doesn't change the fact Fitz was atrocious today.  

Legit section 118 wanted Geno in the game.  That's how bad Fitz was

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

once again deep balls are about timing and have a purpose since they are only completed at about a 10% rate in the NFL sorry some of you guys cantr understand the nuances of the game but I'm not going over this again :)

FitzSmashmouth

2 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Because Fitz can't throw deep

He didn't last year we just beat a lot of garbage teams 

I cant help you guys if ya don't watch the games . Fitz threw deep a lot last year to open things up underneath not really sure WTF you guys watch.

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

When they were running it Down their throat and Gailey's first pass play was a screen, a pit was felt in my stomach and all I could think of was that this team was doomed for the season. If you believe in that sort of thing. Signs and stuff.

I was giving my wife the play action pass speech during that drive. oh well

I am not pointing fingers here, just a few facts

Did anyone take notice how many time Fitz's passes were tipped at the line of scrimmage.

This may become a problem this year with the more aggressive Quality defenses that will play. I expect more defensive lineman to be getting there hands up when he's ready to throw. Which will lead to more batted down passes and interceptions

Also, remember last year, the receivers, specifically Decker and Marshall, making pretty great grabs on some not so great throws. Again, because of the quality of the defenses we will play this year that's going to be much harder, which unfortunately will play a big part in a lot of the games we will play

Fitz wasn't the problem today. We missed an extra point and had a chip shot field goal blocked. Thats the game right there.

But even besides that, our defense gave up to many big plays down the field. Fitz is an average QB. He played an average game. He missed some throws but made some plays. Marshall dropped a big pass down the middle on the Jets last possession that would have been a great start to the Jets final drive as well.

Fitz's main problem is that, contrary to popular belief, he's not that good at going through his progressions, tends to lock down on WRs, which isn't bad when you have two top tier guys, but teams can sniff it out.  The coaches film isn't out for Film Review, but I can already tell you the 3rd and 8 before the missed FG, he had an easy lane to Decker, but he was locked in on Marshall the entire way.  

He wasn't the only problem by any means, but honestly, for any QB, he has arguably the best talent on offense around him.  He should do better than this.  

29 minutes ago, fltflo said:

I am not pointing fingers here, just a few facts

Did anyone take notice how many time Fitz's passes were tipped at the line of scrimmage.

This may become a problem this year with the more aggressive Quality defenses that will play. I expect more defensive lineman to be getting there hands up when he's ready to throw. Which will lead to more batted down passes and interceptions

Also, remember last year, the receivers, specifically Decker and Marshall, making pretty great grabs on some not so great throws. Again, because of the quality of the defenses we will play this year that's going to be much harder, which unfortunately will play a big part in a lot of the games we will play

That's always been a problem with fitz. A feeble armed QB that stares down receivers gets a lot of balls tipped up front

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Somebody get me a super cut of Maccagnan saying that Hack is a project spliced with these Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz highlights 

And the SB champs letting Lynch start the season as their no. 2.

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Same thing happened as last season.  Started with a nice drive.  Then sucked for 45 minutes.  Then tried to make a comeback.  Fitz always disappears for majority of game and forces the D to hold it.  

Let him be what he is.  A 12mil backup.

Maybe they will when Petty is healthy.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

So long as it happens before the season is lost is all I ask.

Oh stop..  you know better.  Petty is not jumping Geno unless we start out 0-6 and all hope is lost.  

I don't think Fitz played poorly enough to get benched but it sure was funny how everything we've been screaming for months just happened.  Including the avalanche of back peddling and defending.

I wonder if it's finally safe to take 80 off ignore.  Probably not.

28 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I thought Fitz was okay; not great; not trash; he is what we thought, like a #20 QB (kind of how he is being paid).

My big question is this - what is the difference between hot garbage and cold garbage? which one is better/worse?

Hot garbage is worse because the heat makes the smell more intense and causes quicker decomposition, which in turn makes it smell worse.

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

We had quite a few redzone drives where we could have put this game away with touchdowns. Unfortunately this thread will come down to how Geno Smith sucks and fieldgoal attempts when we should be scoring TD's in the redzone.  We should have put up 30 points in this game 

Do you honestly believe that Geno would have been able to get the ball out as fast as Fitz did and  read the D pre snap as well as Fitz? I am no Fitz fan boy but there are the little thing that Fitz does that Geno can't. I know Geno has a better arm but he can't read a defense and gets the deer in the headlights look. One thing I can say about Fitz is he stays calm and dosent panic.

The are also a lot bad thing Fitz does but I don't think we would of won with Geno. Let's hope Petty shocks us all.

Archived