Was this Cincy loss more bitter than other painful losses?

TuscanyTile2

I'm more pissed than normal, since we had this in the bag and blow it.

Main problem for me was the lack of adjustments from The Defensive Co-ordinator, on those fooking WR screens. Since convensonal throws got Dalton sacked every play. 

Folk did not lose the game.

Revis did not lose the game.

Fitz did not lose the game.

That loss (which the Jets should have easily won) falls on Todd Bowles and his coaching staff.

2 first downs and goal-to-go inside the 5-yard line and you come away with 3 friggn' points?

No in-game adjustments whatsoever in the 2nd half?

Bowles needs to dial up Jack del Rio and ask him if he can borrow his balls before kickoff tomorrow night.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

That loss (which the Jets should have easily won) falls on Todd Bowles and his coaching staff.

2 first downs and goal-to-go inside the 5-yard line and you come away with 3 friggn' points?

Bowles needs to dial up Jack del Rio and ask him if he can borrow his balls before kickoff tomorrow night.

Welcome back TX. 

4 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

I can't wait for the Pats fans excuses when they lose to the Fins this weekend, which they definitely will. 

I can't wait for the Pats fans excuses when they lose to the Fins this weekend, which they definitely will. 

Like how they were to get destroyed, without Brady, Gronk, Lewis and Ninc, on the road, against the best team in the NFC?

After 15 years, you'd think you guys would learn something.

Pats will have the AFCE all wrapped up before the Great Pumpkin makes a visit.

9 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Like how they were to get destroyed, without Brady, Gronk, Lewis and Ninc, on the road, against the best team in the NFC?

Good win for Pats but Palmer looked like he got old real fast. David Johnson got 90% of his yards by himself their Oline looked so bad. And the Cards 2nd CB is a dumpster fire. I'll hold off my critique of the Pats until I see how the Cards look against the Bucs. I think they'll have their hands full.

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

That's a bold statement. Let's revisit after the game on Sunday. Don't hide.

51 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Miami stinks and the pats will kill them as much as it pains me to say.

I watched the Seattle game, they played without their #1 WR, and Pouncey and almost won in Seattle. The offense is a lot diffrent and the defense is much improved. 

I hate the Dolphins more than the Pats so I hope you are right. I don't see the Pats killing them. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

wrong. they all lost it. Fitz missed open guys in the red zone endzone. folk left 4 pts on the board. several blown defensive coverages. dropped ball in closing drive. no critical defensive stops...........for me it was a really tough loss.

Yes this was a bad game.  Only because if any of several bad things doesn't happen, we win.  The FG block, anyone of the long passes on third down, the Marshall drop, etc.. 

Without including playoff losses or losses that kept us from the playoffs, two games come to mind that were incredibly frustrating.  There was a game against Cle where we led 21-3 at the half and ended up losing.

Worse was opening day 02 of 03 at Washington.  League set us up for the opening Thursday after Washington signed Coles, Randy Thomas, and John Hall.  Not only did we waste the #1 pick by trading up for D Robertson, we lost the game very late on a Hall FG.  

wrong. they all lost it. Fitz missed open guys in the red zone endzone. folk left 4 pts on the board. several blown defensive coverages. dropped ball in closing drive. no critical defensive stops...........for me it was a really tough loss.

I am never wrong.

Your coaching staff lost that game, not the players.

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 2:16 PM, bitonti said:

The day before the game, I saw Jets fans predicting a SB victory over Seattle. It's called delusion. That's why it was a bitter loss. Jets fans always seem to have sky high expectations, when there's no evidence to have such expectations. 

Teams go to the playoffs year after year and they lose but they get better, like the Bengals. The Jets have to make the playoffs again, just to have that experience.  Then, maybe, the expectations will be justified. To just expect the Jets to be good, and beat really good teams like the Bengals, is just hopeful delusion. 

WTF have the Bengals ever done with those play-off opportunities? Those were two pretty evenly matched teams on the field Sunday.

It was a bitter loss because it was a chance to come away with a W during a very difficult  early schedule. It was a tough loss against a good (not great) team that we gave away.

On 9/12/2016 at 9:31 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

For some reason it was to me.  I just feel like we actually showed we can slug it out w/ a good team and throw them around (7 sacks) but we still lost.  This is a different kind of painful but it's almost because for a while there I started to think the Jets might legitimately be good this season.  (hopefully they still will be)

I'm sure by Thursday I'll be optimistic again (call me crazy but I think we're going to sweep the Bills this year) but starting 0-2 would obviously be a huge downer.

As soon as Folk missed that PAT I called a friend and said there it is. We lose by one.  lol 

I don't think it's more painful. It's just AS painful. It's the same pain over and over and over again. The thing I don't understand is how this crap can continually happen no matter who the coach, GM, Owner, QB, or other players are.  It's the same time and time again.

It's all a big spiritual lesson in letting go I think . WTF else can it be for us?  :D

On 9/13/2016 at 2:16 PM, bitonti said:

The day before the game, I saw Jets fans predicting a SB victory over Seattle. It's called delusion. That's why it was a bitter loss. Jets fans always seem to have sky high expectations, when there's no evidence to have such expectations. 

Teams go to the playoffs year after year and they lose but they get better, like the Bengals. The Jets have to make the playoffs again, just to have that experience.  Then, maybe, the expectations will be justified. To just expect the Jets to be good, and beat really good teams like the Bengals, is just hopeful delusion. 

The thing is we were not favorites but showed we belong. Dalton is an exceptional QB and they connected on their long ball which bailed them out. It wasn't a bitter loss because the miss kicks don't usually happen that often and going forward we know we belong on the field with the better teams.

What hurts most about this loss is that the Jets have such a tough schedule that I thought it was imperative that they start 2-0. The Bills aren't great and the Bengals are beatable and we should have won. Sucks we let that game slip away. This game tonight is as big of an early season game as there is. We have to win. I hope the good Brandon Marshall shows up and the Jets don't let Watkins cut them up like he did at the end of 2015.

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

so the jets should lose their first 6 games and the two vs the pats, win the rest and go 8-8?  teams never get better or worse?

they do get better and worse but it's not a surprise.

for example AJ Green is in his prime, and Revis isn't the only guy he will beat this year. Most teams don't have an AJ Green. If AJ Green gets hurt, it will move the Vegas line. 

There was nothing that happened this offseason that makes this year's Jets drastically better than last year's Jets. Darron Lee is a good prospect and all but the fundamental lineup was more or less the same. If Lee gets hurt it doesn't move the Vegas line. 

Archived