Josh McCown shoulder injury-Time is ripe to trade Geno

sheastadiumjetfan

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They recently got rid of Austin Davis who is now with Denver but could be available. Right now it looks like Cody Kesler who was a surprise 3rd round pick but didn't look good in pre-season is their starter. Is Geno available, the answer is yes. The thing is, they don't want him. 

34 minutes ago, sheastadiumjetfan said:

Can we finally trade Geno for a Browns draft pick?

We've got some leverage.

we've got Petty waiting in the wings.

Cleveland is desperate.

Maybe  4th/5th Rounder to make this trade.

Mac can make this happen.....

No

14 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

They recently got rid of Austin Davis who is now with Denver but could be available. Right now it looks like Cody Kesler who was a surprise 3rd round pick but didn't look good in pre-season is their starter. Is Geno available, the answer is yes. The thing is, they don't want him. 

Who said Geno was available? 

44 minutes ago, sheastadiumjetfan said:

Can we finally trade Geno for a Browns draft pick?

We've got some leverage.

we've got Petty waiting in the wings.

Cleveland is desperate.

Maybe  4th/5th Rounder to make this trade.

Mac can make this happen.....

You realize Life doesn't imitate video games, right? Wake up Kid. 

NO ONE will trade for Geno Smith in a WALK year. Whatever SCRAP value Geno has, it's only with the Jets b/c he's CHEAP, KNOWS the system, and ALREADY FAMILIAR with current teammates. He is useless at this stage for another team to willingly exchange actual value for him. 

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Come on, now. Get real. 

Teams have been losing their starting QBs left n right this year and we wanna trade our #2 QB? Get real in deed. I get the hate for Geno. It's understandable. A 2nd round rookie could impress you with sh*t for WRs and it was the same in the first half is his 2nd year. Hate him. But this is about the Jets. It's no longer Fitz vs Geno, so the continued hate on a backup Jets QB is pretty lame. It's not like he's making $5 mil and sitting his ass on PUP (good for us anyways). 

28 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Teams have been losing their starting QBs left n right this year and we wanna trade our #2 QB? Get real in deed. I get the hate for Geno. It's understandable. A 2nd round rookie could impress you with sh*t for WRs and it was the same in the first half is his 2nd year. Hate him. But this is about the Jets. It's no longer Fitz vs Geno, so the continued hate on a backup Jets QB is pretty lame. It's not like he's making $5 mil and sitting his ass on PUP (good for us anyways). 

I don't hate Geno. But Petty outplayed him in pre-season. Assuming that Petty is healthy. I think if Mac could get something for him he'll take it. I don't think there's that much interest in him esp from the Browns. 

Yeah, the Browns are really going to pay a king's ransom for Geno -- because they know they are right on the cusp and he is all they need to push them over the top.  Sweet friggin' jumpin' Jesus on a God damn pogo stick.  If brains were dynamite, most people here could not blow their noses.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't hate Geno. But Petty outplayed him in pre-season. Assuming that Petty is healthy. I think if Mac could get something for him he'll take it. I don't think there's that much interest in him esp from the Browns. 

The defenders Petty faced, are out selling Obamacare now. How do we keep forgetting Brett Ratliff?

1 hour ago, Il Mostro said:

Yeah, the Browns are really going to pay a king's ransom for Geno -- because they know they are right on the cusp and he is all they need to push them over the top.  Sweet friggin' jumpin' Jesus on a God damn pogo stick.  If brains were dynamite, most people here could not blow their noses.

They are trying to develop some young players and Geno, while a moron,  has skills to make some plays. You'd be surprised how few available qbs can do that.

We aren't getting a 1 or a 2, but I could see them giving us a medium/late conditional pick. 

Archived