Jets claim AS Jenkins - Schefter

TaborJet

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Larz said:

so wait, the spongebob gif you posted was for his chance for sobriety ?

I don't know him which is why I went to the bucs boards

did you know he was kicked out of practice for not knowing the playbook ?

Of course I did. 

Look, I'm not under some kind of illusion that he's in a good place at the moment. If he wasn't fkcing up his life right now, he'd be TB's starting TE and looking at extension right away. 

But he's not. Things clearly weren't working there... .and there's at least a chance that a new regime, a new city and maybe some god damn support - he can get clean and turn things around. He doesn't need to be locked up in some Leonardo DiCaprio movie rehab castle to do that either. 

So ease off the hammer thor, and let's see how things play out.

Just now, JetBlue said:

Totally unnecessary.  You actually can wish that on someone and then consider yourself a decent person?  Think before typing.... 

I regret saying that.  Certainly didn't mean it.  It is called remorse.  Something ASJ is clearly lacking. Go back and read the post before it where I said I hope it doesn't happen to Paradis.  Then his dismissive attitude towards drunk driving was despicable and pissed me off.

18 minutes ago, Larz said:

yay, drops too

For every “one catch” he’s made, he’s dropped a handful, ran wrong routes, had a piss-poor attitude, and CLEARLY puts himself before the team.

Wait, so we cut Amaro because he dropped a few passes and then signed this guy to replace him.... with a TE who drops passes AND has a drinking problem? 

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Wow.  Really?   The MFer is ASJ.  He is the one that apparently doesn't value life by driving completely smashed.

I hope he doesn't kill someone close to you the next time he does this.  And he will.

Here is my first post until the other guy said some really dismissive things about drunk driving.

Just now, RoadFan said:

I regret saying that.  Certainly didn't mean it.  It is called remorse.  Something ASJ is clearly lacking. Go back and read the post before it where I said I hope it doesn't happen to Paradis.  Then his dismissive attitude towards drunk driving was despicable and pissed me off.

I hear you Dude.  Problem with posting stuff just like texting; once you send it you can't "unsend" lol.  Well I guess you could edit your post but you get my point.  No worries, I understand where you are coming from.  Every time I hear about some one being killed by a Drunk Driver, I want to be the judge, jury and executioner.  It is such a PREVENTABLE offense, especially for professional athletes who can afford to have a driver or simply call a car service.  Makes absolutely no sense at all... 

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

if the jets are going to run this single read spread offense, they are going to need to create as many mismatches as possible and a pass catching TE with his size could really be helpful

I hope they get one...because ASJ doesn't really catch passes.

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

if the jets are going to run this single read spread offense, they are going to need to create as many mismatches as possible and a pass catching TE with his size could really be helpful

Assuming he is sober and doesn't curse out Bowles and Gailey. 

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Of course I did. 

Look, I'm not under some kind of illusion that he's in a good place at the moment. If he wasn't fkcing up his life right now, he'd be TB's starting TE and looking at extension right away. 

But he's not. Things clearly weren't working there... .and there's at least a chance that a new regime, a new city and maybe some god damn support - he can get clean and turn things around. He doesn't need to be locked up in some Leonardo DiCaprio movie rehab castle to do that either. 

So ease off the hammer thor, and let's see how things play out.

did you know he has only played in 18 out of 34 games ?

14 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

He attacked me first by calling me a MFer.  That seems to have gotten lost here. Look it up. I am not happy because the Jets just signed an actual lowlife.  I went too far, yes, and didn't mean it... but this clown is supporting a habitual drunk driver with an awful attitude on the field to boot.

He shouldn't have, but guys call each other names all the time. You wished death upon his family members. Not exactly apples and apples. 

8 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Here is my first post until the other guy said some really dismissive things about drunk driving.

omg seriously, are you 13? Did you dislocate your pussy?

Look for the record, you're right. Driving under the influence is beyond intolerable. He should lose his license for at least the next 2-3 years and have to enter into a program that monitors this moving forward in agressive manner. It's not just "not ok", there's simply no room for that kind of thing in 2016. I have kids and I sure as hell won't see them make those kinds of choices.

Now put away your sword merlin. It's not up to us to cast judgement on him morally. Nor do we know what's going on his life or how it came to this. I hope he turns it around because as I player, he could take us to the moon. 

OK? Ok. 

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

did you know he has only played in 18 out of 34 games ?

Yes. He's been injured. and drunk. And yelling. Probably slept with a couple minors in between...

Do you know what Brandon Marshalls first few years looked like?  Or like 100 other NFL players? 

All i care about is where he's at moving forward. 

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yes. He's been injured. and drunk. And yelling. Probably slept with a couple minors in between...

Do you know what Brandon Marshalls first few years looked like?  Or like 100 other NFL players? 

All i care about is where he's at moving forward. 

yesterday he was tweeting about dedication and staying humble. Then he’s trashed at 3am. His whole “turnaround” was just an act

lol

15 minutes ago, Larz said:

yesterday he was tweeting about dedication and staying humble. Then he’s trashed at 3am. His whole “turnaround” was just an act

lol

yea. that's what happens to people with substance abuse problems. It's not a planned thing. 

3 minutes ago, KRL said:

Surprised they picked him up but them doing so really tells you how fed up
they were with Amaro.  Because the team would rather have a player with off
the field issues over Amaro who didn't

Ugh... wrong.  Amaro had a poor attitude, work ethic, and off the field red flags before the draft.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1954213-jace-amaro-nfl-draft-2014-highlights-scouting-report-more

Both of these guys are turds.

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

yea. that's what happens to people with substance abuse problems. It's not a planned thing. 

thanks though

enabling him is not helping him, but you don't care about that, do you ?

I just hope this idiot doesn't kill anybody on his way to being kicked out of the NFL

49 minutes ago, Larz said:

This guy is a complete turd. Yes he has all the athletic ability in the world. But he’s oft-injured, kicked out of practice for not knowing the playbook, offered to fight fans, arrested for DUI, screamed at the coach from the field (preseason game 4), penalty for Captain Morgan pose, fumbled game away vs Minnesota, and just a complete dickhead. Yesterday he was tweeting about dedication and staying humble. Then he’s trashed at 3am. His whole “turnaround” was just an act. He couldnt get out of his own way.

This guy is like a Geno clone. Or perhaps "Geno clown" is more accurate. 

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

3 year career and he has caught 45 passes on 81 targets...4 passes more than Jace Amaro who caught 41 on 57 targets

Yeah and ASJ's yards per target was way higher 8.6 than amaro's below league average 6.8. By no means is ASJ a finished product but he's got very real upside and is a big play waiting to happen

Archived