Bowles: No Decision on Backup QB Yet

JetNation

42 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Bowles is a clueless moron who's indecisiveness really worries me if this were a bigger decision, then again I've seen him call timeouts when the clock was stopped.

Aren't you the one who just posted this?? 

FLORHAM PARK — Jets coach Todd Bowles said Friday he has chosen a backup quarterback for Sunday's game at the Browns. But ... 

"I'm not revealing that right now," Bowles said. "I've decided, but I haven't talked to [the coaching staff] yet, to tell them what I've decided. I've pretty much got my mind made up." 

I think what concerns me most is that there is even a question about who it will be
If we are to believe Bowels then Petty was cleared injury wise to practice and play football weeks ago.
Now suddenly Hack is in the picture to be the second best available QB on the team. A kid who has had over a year in the system has now been possibly relegated to the number three spot.
This by a rookie who supposedly needed another year just to catch up to the pro game and correct some serious flaws.
Is there something rotten in Jets land, because it sure seems like there is more going on here then anyone is being told.
Which is why I think our first order of business next season is getting Mike Glennon signed and in Chan's classroom ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Lol, are you really that naive?

Once again, what an NFL Head Coach tells the public =/= what an NFL Head Coach does in practice.

Have no fears, whomever needs the Reps for what Bowles intends, will get the Reps.

And if only getting "half reps" made that big a difference.....we were already screwed to start.

I'm not a huge Bowles fan, he's been middling at best, but this fan whining because WE don't know who the #2 is....is laughable.

Too many rustled jimmies over such a total non-issue.

you think they made a decision, gave that guy all the reps today, and kept it private and I'm naive ?

lol

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

Aren't you the one who just posted this?? 

FLORHAM PARK — Jets coach Todd Bowles said Friday he has chosen a backup quarterback for Sunday's game at the Browns. But ... 

"I'm not revealing that right now," Bowles said. "I've decided, but I haven't talked to [the coaching staff] yet, to tell them what I've decided. I've pretty much got my mind made up." 

is this going to be like the bachelor?

Bowles will give Petty or Hack a red rose on national television ?

6 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Striking fear into the opposition. I've got 2 qb's who have never taken an NFL snap and I won't tell. Now that'll keep them off balance. ?

i will say it again it is strange bowles is so evasive about the backup qb, unless this is the game they actually play one of the younguns and it's pure gamesmanship.  but there's barely any tape on either of those guys anyway, it's not like they're different qbs, they both are big with strong arms.  he claims he's made a decision but hasn't told anyone.  i don't believe this, he's probably told the qbs, he needs to prepare the inexperienced backup qb as much as possible.  you don't pull hack aside saturday night and say, by the way, if anything happens to fitz tomorrow, you're up.  

just like the way they've completely evaded announcing the severity of petty's injury, they're being coy about the backup qb.  but they'll tell you everything you want to know about revis and wilkerson and forte and marshall and decker.

How the hell does Bowles go from being competent last year to being broken this year?  I just can't understand what has happened here with this guy.  

I remember when I was a very young man and had no experience at gambling.  I went to the race track with a degenerate gambler friend of mine and he was telling me about beginners luck and wanted to know which horses I was betting on that day.  Well sure enough I did pick a few winners somehow.  So....beginners luck....does that explain Bowles 2015 performance?    

1 hour ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Unfortunately I've seen virtually ALL of his 28 TDs, 36 picks, multiple fumbles and backward scrambles for big losses.

But I know you were being satirical

Then you certainly have seen Ryan Fitzpatrick hop scotch around the NFL to 6 teams playing a cash grab the entire way and never producing any playoff games in 12 years. 

Todd Bowles is a moron. 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The troubling part of this is that it seems like Bowles is saying "Nobody's told me who the backup QB is yet."

I don't feel that way at all.  Bowles just chooses not to tell the media who the backup will be.  It's his prerogative.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The troubling part of this is that it seems like Bowles is saying "Nobody's told me who the backup QB is yet."

This...

Bowltite. LOL. Maybe he has been trying to talk Joe Namath out of retirement to come back and be our back up

I think that Petty is interesting in this case because it was reported that Petty was sought after via trades by other teams (such as the Vikings) and that the fact that the Jets kept him (assuming that they could get at least a 3rd for him) makes no sense if you would demote him to a 3rd string QB behind Hack.

I mean why not just recapture the 3rd or at worst the 4th next year if you really don't think Hack can ever get it done?

Archived